Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge we can do a 1 yr contract on a new activation just not an upgrade. That would make the cost of the phone $250 more for a total of $350. We rarely get this request so I could be off a lil bit. I just know it gives us the option in the system I just never use it. Maybe someone else here has more accurate info?

Not completely true. on my account, which was once tied to a business account, but not anymore, i can still see a 1 year upgrade option. You know whats sweeter than that? The price of the device (any device) for 1 year is the same as that for a two year contract. That option is not available for me in store, only online.

When you go online, there is an option to see if are eligible for business discount, based on your company affiliation etc. If so, enter your business email address and you are all set. Thats all i had to do, and granted, this was over 5 years ago. When i login today, it still tells me my account is affiliated with XYZ company. Give it a try.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Reps with the Lumia 900s, are you able to switch off LTE? Possibly in the cellular data settings? I don't think my city still has LTE, so I don't want it to be a huge battery killer for me.

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Reps with the Lumia 900s, are you able to switch off LTE? Possibly in the cellular data settings? I don't think my city still has LTE, so I don't want it to be a huge battery killer for me.

Not an option currently. Just the switch for cellular data. I haven't found battery life to be an issue thus far. I've only had it since Monday though.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've hear April 22 on white

It looks like some AT&T stores have already got white models. The store I went to yesterday didnt have it and they said they didnt order the white one, but others in the city have got white. I should have asked which ones, but my bad, i didnt.

So those who go to store to check it out, rememebr to ask if they have a white one on hand.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Just wait until the worldwide edition launches if you want it unlocked. It will be without LTE radios, and it may even be a bit more expensive. Although I am sure there will be an unlock method to surface soon.

It wont have ATT frequencies so the best you'll get is probably EDGE speeds for voice and data. A better choice would be Rogers in Canada which has the same frequewncies as ATT

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It wont have ATT frequencies so the best you'll get is probably EDGE speeds for voice and data. A better choice would be Rogers in Canada which has the same frequewncies as ATT
It will have AT&T 3G bands.
From the Nokia UK site:
Operating band
GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA Band V (850)
WCDMA Band VIII (900)
WCDMA Band II (1900)
WCDMA Band I (2100)​

feizai77

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to a local ATT store on the phone. She said preorders is from March 30th to Apr 4. Home delivery on Apr 6th. That's great news, I thought I had to wait till Apr 9 since the 8th is Easter and they are closed. I know what I will be doing tomorrow. The question is how to leave work for 1-2 hours. :) 8 more days to wp7/nokia bliss!

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to a local ATT store on the phone. She said preorders is from March 30th to Apr 4. Home delivery on Apr 6th. That's great news, I thought I had to wait till Apr 9 since the 8th is Easter and they are closed. I know what I will be doing tomorrow. The question is how to leave work for 1-2 hours. :) 8 more days to wp7/nokia bliss!

You should be able to pre-order online, according to the AT&T rep I spoke with. As long as you order by 3 PM CDT April 5th you should get it on the 6th, but I would order ASAP.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I preordered through MS store...The one in santa clara, ca...They are all pretty clueless about the phone. I preordered yesterday, they didnt know the release date, they didnt know the price, they thought the white would come same time. They said that they have no heard nothing and there were no announcements. I guess they dont go on the internet... I ordered the blue one anyway hoping that i can get a $25 app giftcard if they have the promotion again.

I did the challenge and lost and ended up getting a titan...So sell that, got a $10 giftcard from MS store to go towards a 900 :)

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The official release date is April 8th and pre order will start on the 30 of March to be deliver on the 6th of April
But that is only for in-store pre-orders...correct? If I were to go to AT&T's site to do the pre-order then it wouldn't get here until the 9th? Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but if it was pre-ordered in-store...does it arrive at your residence, or do you still need to go down to AT&T and pick it up?

davidmcclellan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious about not only the included case, but whether you have any knowledge about aftermarket cases that at&t might be stocking on launch day. I know that it's been very disappointing so far with regards to wp7 cases. Thanks in advance.
I just visited handhelditems, they have cases and screen protectors at really good prices

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi AT&T Reps-

Just a few questions...
  1. When I upgrade to the Lumia 900, will my plan change with AT&T? I currently have a company discount and remembered it took like two billing periods before I was able to see the changes. I'm hoping that upgrading will not eliminate this discount feature on my account?
  2. I keep seeing "LTE data plan" being thrown around and need more clarification. I currently have the 2GB data plan, but what do I have to do to keep the same 2GB data plan and make sure that it supports LTE? Is it supported automatically since the Lumia 900 is already LTE, or does there need to be some switch that AT&T needs to flip on for me to utilize LTE speeds on my current data plan?
  3. I've been reading about this polycarbonate body of the Lumia 900. Some sites say that it's pretty durable and very scratch resistant, while others say that it is soft and can easily scratch. I'm not looking to put my phone with my keys or force any scratch tests on the device, but how resistant is the body from scratches? I usually put my phone on my desk at work, in my pocket with my wallet, and would like to know of its resistance factor?
  4. I currently have a Samsung Focus and the clarity of the text is pretty darn sharp, however, that phone is 4" while the Lumia is 4.3". If you could compare the difference on how clear the text appears?

Thank you in advance for your support!

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know if anyone knows if Best Buy will be allowing pre-orders on the 30th. I ask because I have rewards points i'd like to use towards it.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi AT&T Reps-

Just a few questions...
  1. When I upgrade to the Lumia 900, will my plan change with AT&T? I currently have a company discount and remembered it took like two billing periods before I was able to see the changes. I'm hoping that upgrading will not eliminate this discount feature on my account? It shouldn't
  2. I keep seeing "LTE data plan" being thrown around and need more clarification. I currently have the 2GB data plan, but what do I have to do to keep the same 2GB data plan and make sure that it supports LTE? Is it supported automatically since the Lumia 900 is already LTE, or does there need to be some switch that AT&T needs to flip on for me to utilize LTE speeds on my current data plan? They will provision your current data plan for LTE
  3. I've been reading about this polycarbonate body of the Lumia 900. Some sites say that it's pretty durable and very scratch resistant, while others say that it is soft and can easily scratch. I'm not looking to put my phone with my keys or force any scratch tests on the device, but how resistant is the body from scratches? I usually put my phone on my desk at work, in my pocket with my wallet, and would like to know of its resistance factor? Seems to be pretty scratch resistant but invisisheild couldnt hurt
  4. I currently have a Samsung Focus and the clarity of the text is pretty darn sharp, however, that phone is 4" while the Lumia is 4.3". If you could compare the difference on how clear the text appears?
definitely clearer and more crisp

Thank you in advance for your support!
Hope that helped

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb