Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just came back from AT&T store.... the rep told me that you can pre-order only the black color tomorrow, not the Cyan one.

Also, if anyone is planning to exchange the phone(black to white), it will be $35.

Starting 22nd, the stores will carry more crayon colors, not just white

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just came back from AT&T store.... the rep told me that you can pre-order only the black color tomorrow, not the Cyan one.

Also, if anyone is planning to exchange the phone(black to white), it will be $35.

that doesnt make any sense why would only black be available he is incorrect

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the Lumia 900 phone work with GoPhone plans if you buy off contract??

yea any phone technically works on GoPhone plans. It depends on what services you want

This is entirely false. Black and cyan will be available on the 4/8. You might not have went to a COR store. If the store says att authorized retailer or something to that affect then it is a franchise. I would call the store and ask to make sure if it is a cor store or not

jaaks

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
yea any phone technically works on GoPhone plans. It depends on what services you want

This is entirely false. Black and cyan will be available on the 4/8. You might not have went to a COR store. If the store says att authorized retailer or something to that affect then it is a franchise. I would call the store and ask to make sure if it is a cor store or not

Glad to hear you can get the cyan... That's what the wife wants. I'm planning on pre-ordering tomorrow.

Also, I heard rumors that the 900 has Gorilla Glass... can anyone verify?

eidorian22

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to use a NEW micro-sim with the Lumia 900?

I already have an iPhone 4 with a micro-sim. Can I use this micro-sim in the Lumia 900 or do I need a new one to have LTE and everything work properly?

Thanks!

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to use a NEW micro-sim with the Lumia 900?

I already have an iPhone 4 with a micro-sim. Can I use this micro-sim in the Lumia 900 or do I need a new one to have LTE and everything work properly?

Thanks!

it comes with a micro sim in the box. It depends on if you have an LTE sim or not (the 9th and 10th number of the sim card number on an LTE sim is 25). But it doesnt really matter since the iphone doesnt save anything to the sim anyways

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Both black and cyan are available starting 4/8. What I was told was that only black can be pre-ordered. Maybe the rep doesnt know.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there only one international version?

As far as I have seen, yes. Carriers abroad will use the international version, which just includes quadband radios for nearly worldwide coverage (no 1700 band). The Lumia 800 also only has one international version, and one North American version.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I've been using WP devices as my COU device since the platform launched (HTC Surround, Samsung Focus S). You get a phone, SIM tray removal tool, and charger in the box ( I got a black phone) with the Lumia. The only glitch is that MS thinks I've hit my 5 device limit, where I haven't. I can't install apps until I plug the phone into Zune on my PC to authenticate. So fail.
Not sure if anyone has commented on this or not, but if you go into Zune settings, you can delete old devices from the software to bring you back down below the 5 device cap.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
It should work with GoPhone plans..... Can any reps confirm this?

iPhones, Windows Phones, and LTE devices are non-grata on GoPhone plans. Reps CANNOT activate any iPhone, any Windows Phone, or any LTE device (WP or Android) on GoPhone. I tried with a Focus S and it was stopped at the point of sale.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has commented on this or not, but if you go into Zune settings, you can delete old devices from the software to bring you back down below the 5 device cap.
That's exactly what I had to do, but I didn't know that there was two sections for devices - one for Zune and one for Apps. My Zune devices was clean, but my Apps device list was full.

I understand that this is because of the old Zune player, but really guys.....

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
it comes with a micro sim in the box. It depends on if you have an LTE sim or not (the 9th and 10th number of the sim card number on an LTE sim is 25). But it doesnt really matter since the iphone doesnt save anything to the sim anyways

SIMs that are preloaded with iPhones may not be LTE compatible. Unless you get the IMEI converted to the LTE device (so the correct LTE data plan with VV will go on the account) and change to a LTE SIM, data just will not work. Tried it.

quh86

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i got a few questions:
firstly i'd like to know about the overall soundquality(music playback etc) and with earphones/headphones. perhaps you could try several as there were many complaints from lumia 800 users about some that were not from nokia such as sennheiser etc.

and again can you tell us more about the battery life? since the lumia 800 got their update recently which apparently brings outstanding battery life. does it last a day or perhaps even longer on lte with normal usage (calls, whatsapp, normal surfing, app download and 2-3 youtube videos, perhaps even a few games?)

thanks ;)

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i got a few questions:
firstly i'd like to know about the overall soundquality(music playback etc) and with earphones/headphones. perhaps you could try several as there were many complaints from lumia 800 users about some that were not from nokia such as sennheiser etc.

and again can you tell us more about the battery life? since the lumia 800 got their update recently which apparently brings outstanding battery life. does it last a day or perhaps even longer on lte with normal usage (calls, whatsapp, normal surfing, app download and 2-3 youtube videos, perhaps even a few games?)

thanks ;)

I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

As far as battery, I cannot answer for LTE usage as i'm not in an LTE area... but I CAN tell you that my battery is lasting quite long for me. It's comparable to the Galaxy Note battery. Throughout a day, I spend about 1-2 hours on calls... I text throughout the day, Facebook, have weather updates, use engadget quite a bit, few youtube videos. I also have my screen brightness at full, and so far i've been able to go from 6am till roughly 10pm with 25-45% battery left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb