Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has commented on this or not, but if you go into Zune settings, you can delete old devices from the software to bring you back down below the 5 device cap.

Yes that is true. Just "delete" the phone from Zune, and the partnership is gone forever. No problem except that if you ever want to use the deleted phone again you will have to establish a new Partnership.

What you lose is the ability to backup or restore this device via Zune. Not sure but I don't know if you can update the software on a device that isn't part of an existing partnership.

Of course if you're on AT&T there's not much to fear here :)

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Att reps, i got a question. since i just can't wait any longer and will most likely be preordering it online, and I'm already with ATT and have a regular-sized sim card on my phone, how do I get the microsim card if I'm preordering online? Do i just cut my card to a micro-size or what? as far as i know there's no sim card in the box. do i have to go to a att store and have them do it for me?

thanks in advance.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Att reps, i got a question. since i just can't wait any longer and will most likely be preordering it online, and I'm already with ATT and have a regular-sized sim card on my phone, how do I get the microsim card if I'm preordering online? Do i just cut my card to a micro-size or what? as far as i know there's no sim card in the box. do i have to go to a att store and have them do it for me?

thanks in advance.

From an earlier post:

it comes with a micro sim in the box. It depends on if you have an LTE sim or not (the 9th and 10th number of the sim card number on an LTE sim is 25). But it doesnt really matter since the iphone doesnt save anything to the sim anyways

If you're moving from an iPhone 4/4S to Lumia 900, it will not be an LTE sim, but since iPhone doesn't save information to the SIM, you're better off just doing a replace.

If you are not on a micro SIM, no worries - you get one in the box according to mhopii

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
From an earlier post:

If you're moving from an iPhone 4/4S to Lumia 900, it will not be an LTE sim, but since iPhone doesn't save information to the SIM, you're better off just doing a replace.

If you are not on a micro SIM, no worries - you get one in the box according to mhopii

Thanks for the info. so you meant when i preorder they'll automatically program my number into the microsim that comes with the box? otherwise I still don't know how i can just use that microsim fresh off the box and still keep my number.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. so you meant when i preorder they'll automatically program my number into the microsim that comes with the box? otherwise I still don't know how i can just use that microsim fresh off the box and still keep my number.

Once you get it, you will need to complete the activation over the phone. Don't think it is a hard process, but some people will likley run into trouble if they are coming from a non-LTE device. One rep somewhere on the boards recommended just coming to the store the day of to get the activation together, but I am pretty certain it is not too big of a pain.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I don't believe GG 2 has debuted on any device yet. Gorilla Glass website also states the Nokia Lumia 900 does have GG but not the 2nd generation.

Yeah. Although it made me hesitant because Corning did say they'd debut GG2 on new devices released on April/May.

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
talk about ATT sucking.. I click on preorder online, then it takes me to my business account (my wifes account, family plan)..

$199 upgrade for Lumia 900!!

WTF

UPDATE: its working now... phew

Last edited:

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not completely true. on my account, which was once tied to a business account, but not anymore, i can still see a 1 year upgrade option. You know whats sweeter than that? The price of the device (any device) for 1 year is the same as that for a two year contract. That option is not available for me in store, only online.

When you go online, there is an option to see if are eligible for business discount, based on your company affiliation etc. If so, enter your business email address and you are all set. Thats all i had to do, and granted, this was over 5 years ago. When i login today, it still tells me my account is affiliated with XYZ company. Give it a try.

Sadly the business discount associated with my account doesn't allow for a one year contract according to 611. Any other ideas to get me eligible for a 1 year contract?

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

When u get the phone call this number

866 895 1099

You will need billing zip and acct holders last four of the social security number

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
talk about ATT sucking.. I click on preorder online, then it takes me to my business account (my wifes account, family plan)..

$199 upgrade for Lumia 900!!

WTF

I had the same issue. Called AT&T. They confirmed that the issue was with the name of the voice plan I was on. It was an outdated name. They were able to change the plan to a 'new" one even though the minutes are the same. I do have to call in after next billing statement to have my rollover minutes reinstated. They then stayed on the phone and made sure that everything went through OK. Discount did not show until I added a qualifying data plan.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by my att corp store today after work and got to play with an employee's 900 for a couple minutes

Quick impressions -

Feels good in the hand as others have said. Operating system feels smooth as usual. The model I used DID NOT have visual voicemail. I'm not sure why. The AT&T employee said it wasn't available for the phone yet? The camera was responsive.

The phone also passed my pocket test. Slid right into my business slacks and wasn't too bulgy. Coming from an iPhone 4, I was worried about this.

Featherforce

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I just went to an AT&T store to pre-order a lumia 900 off-contract.

The store manager said he had JUST received a message from corpo saying that they can not take pre-orders for the 900 off-contract. I asked him what would happen to the people that already pre-ordered. He said their pre-orders would be cancelled.

Has anyone else heard this? It was an official AT&T store, not a mall kiosk or something.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just went to an AT&T store to pre-order a lumia 900 off-contract.

The store manager said he had JUST received a message from corpo saying that they can not take pre-orders for the 900 off-contract. I asked him what would happen to the people that already pre-ordered. He said their pre-orders would be cancelled.

Has anyone else heard this? It was an official AT&T store, not a mall kiosk or something.

Nah he's talking out his arse. I have both emails confirming my order. He just wanted the two year extension

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

feizai77

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Called AT&T. They confirmed that the issue was with the name of the voice plan I was on. It was an outdated name. They were able to change the plan to a 'new" one even though the minutes are the same. I do have to call in after next billing statement to have my rollover minutes reinstated. They then stayed on the phone and made sure that everything went through OK. Discount did not show until I added a qualifying data plan.

i had to change my data plan too to get the phone for $99. Kinda bummed. But knowing that I will be receiving the lumia in less than a week is making me feel better. I went from my old $15 200mb to $20 300mb.

Featherforce

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Nah he's talking out his arse. I have both emails confirming my order. He just wanted the two year extension

He didn't try to sell me a plan at all, just said he couldn't do it. Full stop.

He didn't seem interested in getting me to sign up for anything.

I don't have service with AT&T. He didn't ask if I was a customer or anything.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Then why would he say that. I ordered my phone through my account and they gave me the full 449.99 because I wasn't eligible for my upgrade. Order confirmed for shipment

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

That guy needs a good talking to by someone with the authority to fire him. He should have tried to sell you SOMETHING.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i had to change my data plan too to get the phone for $99. Kinda bummed. But knowing that I will be receiving the lumia in less than a week is making me feel better. I went from my old $15 200mb to $20 300mb.

Maybe because the 15 plan isn't lte

Featherforce

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Then why would he say that. I ordered my phone through my account and they gave me the full 449.99 because I wasn't eligible for my upgrade. Order confirmed for shipment

That's the difference. I don't have an account with AT&T because I don't have service with them. The only option with no account is to sign up for a new line.

I was surprised that the store manager didn't even try to convince me to get a line of service with them. He just said "come back on the 8th and buy one in the store. I can't pre-order one for you."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12