Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
That's the difference. I don't have an account with AT&T because I don't have service with them. The only option with no account is to sign up for a new line.

I was surprised that the store manager didn't even try to convince me to get a line of service with them. He just said "come back on the 8th and buy one in the store. I can't pre-order one for you."
Just wondering.....If you don't have AT&T why would you want to pay full price for an LTE phone that won't be LTE on any other carrier?

Featherforce

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering.....If you don't have AT&T why would you want to pay full price for an LTE phone that won't be LTE on any other carrier?
I just like the phone. I don't really care much about LTE. I had an LTE phone for a while and didn't really feel like it made a difference in my enjoyment.

The Lumia series is the nicest-looking set of phones for WP7, which I've fallen in love with after using a Dell Venue Pro for a while. I've had bad experiences with HTC in the past so Nokia makes the most sense for my next buy. They're just so nice!

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Question for an AT&T Rep: I selected the Unlimited Personal Data for LTE Phones data plan when I preordered through the AT&T website. Does this mean that Visual Voicemail will work out of the box and I won't have to call 611 to have it activated? I assume so but it would be nice to get confirmation.

cliffordsound

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
New member, AT&T Rep also here with a Lumia 900. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. One issue I'm having just to let you guys know is the phone dying by itself after being asleep for more than 2 minutes. Can't pinpoint what the cause is yet though.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
New member, AT&T Rep also here with a Lumia 900. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. One issue I'm having just to let you guys know is the phone dying by itself after being asleep for more than 2 minutes. Can't pinpoint what the cause is yet though.
Whaaaaaa. Turning off completely?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
How long have you been using the 900?...does it specify anywhere on the device where it was assembled?

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To the AT&T (and any other) phone rep, don't forget the Retail Insider app. I've gone into stores with each new wave of devices for the last year and a half or so, and I find it odd so many reps don't know about this app.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/99a6bdaf-d631-4df6-9660-603bc64b7b0d?wa=wsignin1.0

It's worth the download and review if you sell (or want to learn more about) the phone and platform, in my opinion. After seeing so many rep posts here lately, I decided to sign up and post (long time lurker, of course).

tbeagl

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I got a question for the reps, before it ordered it, there was a page asking for my SS to see if I needed to make a security deposit, I got my confirmation email for the order afterwards and a order number so does that mean I was approved without an deposit?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can those of you that have been using the 900 for a few days go to battery saver after a full charge (unplug it) and tell us what it estimates your remaining time to be? I know this will be different based on differing usage, this is more a curiosity.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Can those of you that have been using the 900 for a few days go to battery saver after a full charge (unplug it) and tell us what it estimates your remaining time to be? I know this will be different based on differing usage, this is more a curiosity.

1 day, 3 hours.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One more question-- if I preorder the cyan today when does my 30 day trial start? Does it start today or when I activate the phone? I'm just wondering if the magenta does come out around mother's day if I will be over my 30 day return period.

quh86

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

As far as battery, I cannot answer for LTE usage as i'm not in an LTE area... but I CAN tell you that my battery is lasting quite long for me. It's comparable to the Galaxy Note battery. Throughout a day, I spend about 1-2 hours on calls... I text throughout the day, Facebook, have weather updates, use engadget quite a bit, few youtube videos. I also have my screen brightness at full, and so far i've been able to go from 6am till roughly 10pm with 25-45% battery left.

thank you :)
but is really no one of you using your phone as a music player?
its a very important to me that music sounds perfect on a device i would carry with me throughout the whole day.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
thank you :)
but is really no one of you using your phone as a music player?
its a very important to me that music sounds perfect on a device i would carry with me throughout the whole day.

Sorry I almost rarely use the music function

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take to fully charge the phone from 0% or 20%? Does the Lumia 900 get hot or warm at all with heavy usage?

Thank you~

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhones, Windows Phones, and LTE devices are non-grata on GoPhone plans. Reps CANNOT activate any iPhone, any Windows Phone, or any LTE device (WP or Android) on GoPhone. I tried with a Focus S and it was stopped at the point of sale.
The workaround is for the customer to bring in a simple phone, like the $14 ZTE F160, and activate prepaid service on that.

Everyone should have a backup phone :D
Then why are the Samsung Focus (original) and Samsung Captivate being sold as GoPhones?

Cell Phones & Mobile Devices - from AT&T
You're correct. I think the distinction is that ATT doesn't officially support the iPhone or 4G/LTE phones on GoPhone.

They definitely work, though :) Only at 3G speeds :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos