03-29-2012 10:38 PM
68 123
tools
    I think i'm getting a black one, but it will depend on how I'm feeling when I walk in to the AT&T store and how I like the devices with some hands on time. I'll make sure to see how the different colour the tiles look with the cyan version.
    03-25-2012 12:55 AM
    Here's my N9 and cyan 800 with the symbols. Never really paid any attention to them.

Click to view quoted image
    They look nearly identical. Anyway I will getting a blue one.
    03-25-2012 01:30 AM
    Cyan.

I feel that after a few months, the Lumia 900 will be a rather recognized device, and the cyan version even more so. For the past month I have felt that cyan would suit me needs best, and I acknowledge that my opinion may waver once I handle it in person, but I feel it will still be what I end up with.
    03-25-2012 02:05 AM
    Yesterday I walked into the ATT shop here in San Diego Cali to see if they had the phones in like the others I'm reading about. I asked the first sales rep who pulled out the cyan and let me hang out with it for a bit. Nice to see irl since this is the color I preordered from the Microsoft Store. So I asked about a release date and she matter-of-factly told me 4/9. I asked her if she was absolutely sure and she walked me to the cashier register part of the store where another sales rep confrimed the date. He also showed me his black phone! It gets better...I asked the sales rep girl (with the cyan) who was telling me specs about the phone I already knew :) as if reading from a queue card if there were any literature or flyers I can take home so she left to ask someone else. When she came back, she had another lady with her...this person had a black busines suit on and from what I can tell was a bit unfamiliar to the sales rep. I'm guessing this was maybe a Nokia rep. Nokia Corp is also here in San Diego so it's probably easy for them to send reps to stores here. Anyways, she asked me about my interest in the Lumia 900 and apologized that the paperwork they had was just training materials for the store and she couldn't release to me. :( She then showed me her phone. The white version! So......I have to admit here's where I stood PRIOR to being lucky enough to see all 3 colors. I pre-ordered the cyan, was infatuated with the white and thought "meh" of the black. AFTER seeing all 3? The shiny white turned me off. Seriously. It looks ceramic-like which some people may adore but I actually think it makes me automatically think it's breakable (subconciously or something). If I were to get white I would end up getting a gel case or something. The cyan was nice as well but was brighter irl then I thought. I know some want people to know it's a Lumia 900 they have from afar or whatever but the bright whimsical color makes me think I'll tire of it soon (just my opnion). All this may be because after seeing the black..which is a matte black and looks badass! Nice contrast between the shiny Gorilla glass and the black matte finish! It just looks more hi-tech and even though black, still different from other phones. The shape and feel alone of the Lumia 900 is different than any other phone out there I've seen or used. So my mission now is to switch my pre-order from cyan to black! Hopefully, that's not an issue with the MS Store who I am hoping will sell it same day as ATT (4/8 since open Easter Sunday)!!! Thanks!
    03-25-2012 09:45 AM
    What finish is the Cyan if not matte or shiny?
    03-25-2012 10:01 AM
    Not shiny by any means. I would say it's identical to black as far as shine goes. Close to matte, but not quite. White is totally different beast to magenta, cyan or black.

My favorite is certainly Cyan. White being second.

Lumia 900 in cyan, black or white? | nokiagadgets.com
    Last edited by tissotti; 03-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    03-25-2012 12:02 PM
    It's definitely not shiny. It's flat...not sure if considered matte tho. Also, irl it looks not only brighter but more baby blue to me. My friends would make fun of me for that color, I think. Again, don't hate plz, just my opinion. The matte black is sleek looking and the matte black framing the shiny glass looks awesome. I'm sold on the black!
    03-25-2012 12:11 PM
    Just spent some quality time with the matte black device and it is pretty beautiful. Check out my "review" of the device over at "Lumia 900 coming April 9th for real this time"
    03-25-2012 12:17 PM
    I'm planning on Cyan with a black case for times I need it.
    03-25-2012 01:31 PM
    Depends on if Rogers gets the white by the time I convince my wife to let me buy one. If not, then black. I also feel I would quickly tire of the cyan. I liked it in pics, but I played with a cyan 800 and I didn't care for the color as much.
    03-25-2012 02:16 PM
    I think I have actually changed my mind a few times. I might prefer black but like some have mentioned the matte finish might deteriorate over time. My laptop has a matte lid and it is scuzzy for sure. I def don't want a white one. Magenta would have been a cool alternate but if it's too close to TMo's color then no way. If it would have been offered in a dark red or burgundy that would have been a strong contender.
    03-25-2012 05:35 PM
    I would have really liked a rich dark blue color. The black shows a LOT of fingerprints
    03-25-2012 05:37 PM
    I think I have actually changed my mind a few times. I might prefer black but like some have mentioned the matte finish might deteriorate over time. My laptop has a matte lid and it is scuzzy for sure. I def don't want a white one. Magenta would have been a cool alternate but if it's too close to TMo's color then no way. If it would have been offered in a dark red or burgundy that would have been a strong contender.
    The difference is it's not a matte "finish" on the Lumia. The color is injected into the poly carbonate throughout before it gets molded. But yeah, a red would've been HAWT. Especially if it matches the red theme color!
    03-25-2012 05:44 PM
    The difference is it's not a matte "finish" on the Lumia. The color is injected into the poly carbonate throughout before it gets molded. But yeah, a red would've been HAWT. Especially if it matches the red theme color!
    There is a marketing idea. A case or phone to match each WP7 theme. Could you imagine a purple or lime version!? :)
    03-25-2012 05:48 PM
    I'm getting two Blacks on 4/9 :D:D I like the Focus S but it does not have the quality built of Nokia...... man is goign to be two long weeks
    03-25-2012 06:30 PM
    There is a marketing idea. A case or phone to match each WP7 theme. Could you imagine a purple or lime version!? :)
    Yikes, dude.
    03-25-2012 06:38 PM
    When in doubt, blame AT&T.
    Indeed! Whether they have anything to do with it or not. In spite of the fact that they have every right to do whatever they want with the phone. Its a phone and I dont care what writing is on the outside I want it to work well and do what I need it to do!@ Anything else is gravy!
    03-25-2012 09:00 PM
    Black is the only color I would ever buy. Anyone wanna buy my white galaxy nexus? :)
    03-25-2012 09:47 PM
    I can't make up my mind just from pictures and video. I stopped by the AT&T showcase store here in Illinois, it's in Arlington Heights and they didn't even want to talk about the phone but they acknowledged that it will be out in two weeks. Both of the reps I talked with were carrying android phones. So much for all the hype about being a center of test marketing: AT&T opening giant test-market store in Arlington Heights - Consumer News - Crain's Chicago Business
    03-26-2012 08:38 AM
    Man, I thought I was set on black. For some reason now I'm extremely attracted to the white lumia after seeing some pics.

I'm visualizing a white lumia, with dark background, and black tiles (wizTiles should do the trick i guess)
    i think I'll have to wait until 22nd and do a side-by-side comparison and pick the one that suits me. hardest thing would be to fight instant gratification. :D
    03-27-2012 10:49 AM
    Anyone wanna buy my white galaxy nexus? :)
    No, but I'll trade you for an unopened US / AT&T version of the Lumia 800, in black!
    03-27-2012 02:47 PM
    No, but I'll trade you for an unopened US / AT&T version of the Lumia 800, in black!
    ok
    03-27-2012 03:57 PM
    I wanted magenta but I'll be happy with the equally stunning cyan no headphones would be a surprise if you aren't aware that they want us to buy the purity headphones even though Nokia US doesn't even sell them on thier site anymore well that's what Nokia told me anyways that there online store was discontinued
    03-27-2012 04:39 PM
    glossy white or Black? ..
    Is white really that good? did any one see it in person? any AT&T reps here who might have seen it?
    any color is good .. design is amazing ... but black does not stand out .. :) :)

any suggestions .. cyan is too bold for me ..
    03-28-2012 03:33 PM
    im going black i have played with both the cyan and the black and the blak wins hands down the cyan is a bit baby blueish and the black just looks sleek and modern.The white is a no go because its glossy.
    03-28-2012 03:42 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD