What color are you getting?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's my N9 and cyan 800 with the symbols. Never really paid any attention to them.

PIC_0067.jpg

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I think i'm getting a black one, but it will depend on how I'm feeling when I walk in to the AT&T store and how I like the devices with some hands on time. I'll make sure to see how the different colour the tiles look with the cyan version.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Cyan.

I feel that after a few months, the Lumia 900 will be a rather recognized device, and the cyan version even more so. For the past month I have felt that cyan would suit me needs best, and I acknowledge that my opinion may waver once I handle it in person, but I feel it will still be what I end up with.

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I walked into the ATT shop here in San Diego Cali to see if they had the phones in like the others I'm reading about. I asked the first sales rep who pulled out the cyan and let me hang out with it for a bit. Nice to see irl since this is the color I preordered from the Microsoft Store. So I asked about a release date and she matter-of-factly told me 4/9. I asked her if she was absolutely sure and she walked me to the cashier register part of the store where another sales rep confrimed the date. He also showed me his black phone! It gets better...I asked the sales rep girl (with the cyan) who was telling me specs about the phone I already knew :) as if reading from a queue card if there were any literature or flyers I can take home so she left to ask someone else. When she came back, she had another lady with her...this person had a black busines suit on and from what I can tell was a bit unfamiliar to the sales rep. I'm guessing this was maybe a Nokia rep. Nokia Corp is also here in San Diego so it's probably easy for them to send reps to stores here. Anyways, she asked me about my interest in the Lumia 900 and apologized that the paperwork they had was just training materials for the store and she couldn't release to me. :( She then showed me her phone. The white version! So......I have to admit here's where I stood PRIOR to being lucky enough to see all 3 colors. I pre-ordered the cyan, was infatuated with the white and thought "meh" of the black. AFTER seeing all 3? The shiny white turned me off. Seriously. It looks ceramic-like which some people may adore but I actually think it makes me automatically think it's breakable (subconciously or something). If I were to get white I would end up getting a gel case or something. The cyan was nice as well but was brighter irl then I thought. I know some want people to know it's a Lumia 900 they have from afar or whatever but the bright whimsical color makes me think I'll tire of it soon (just my opnion). All this may be because after seeing the black..which is a matte black and looks badass! Nice contrast between the shiny Gorilla glass and the black matte finish! It just looks more hi-tech and even though black, still different from other phones. The shape and feel alone of the Lumia 900 is different than any other phone out there I've seen or used. So my mission now is to switch my pre-order from cyan to black! Hopefully, that's not an issue with the MS Store who I am hoping will sell it same day as ATT (4/8 since open Easter Sunday)!!! Thanks!

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
What finish is the Cyan if not matte or shiny?

It's definitely not shiny. It's flat...not sure if considered matte tho. Also, irl it looks not only brighter but more baby blue to me. My friends would make fun of me for that color, I think. Again, don't hate plz, just my opinion. The matte black is sleek looking and the matte black framing the shiny glass looks awesome. I'm sold on the black!

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Just spent some quality time with the matte black device and it is pretty beautiful. Check out my "review" of the device over at "Lumia 900 coming April 9th for real this time"

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Depends on if Rogers gets the white by the time I convince my wife to let me buy one. If not, then black. I also feel I would quickly tire of the cyan. I liked it in pics, but I played with a cyan 800 and I didn't care for the color as much.

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I have actually changed my mind a few times. I might prefer black but like some have mentioned the matte finish might deteriorate over time. My laptop has a matte lid and it is scuzzy for sure. I def don't want a white one. Magenta would have been a cool alternate but if it's too close to TMo's color then no way. If it would have been offered in a dark red or burgundy that would have been a strong contender.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I have actually changed my mind a few times. I might prefer black but like some have mentioned the matte finish might deteriorate over time. My laptop has a matte lid and it is scuzzy for sure. I def don't want a white one. Magenta would have been a cool alternate but if it's too close to TMo's color then no way. If it would have been offered in a dark red or burgundy that would have been a strong contender.

The difference is it's not a matte "finish" on the Lumia. The color is injected into the poly carbonate throughout before it gets molded. But yeah, a red would've been HAWT. Especially if it matches the red theme color!

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The difference is it's not a matte "finish" on the Lumia. The color is injected into the poly carbonate throughout before it gets molded. But yeah, a red would've been HAWT. Especially if it matches the red theme color!

There is a marketing idea. A case or phone to match each WP7 theme. Could you imagine a purple or lime version!? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion