Pre-Order for new activation

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on picking up the 900 when it comes out on the 8th. How difficult is it to activate, port number, get employee discount, when ordering online? Also, how would I go about making sure I have the option enabled for Visual Voicemail to work? I'm assuming I would have to call in and have it added? Also, is there any way that I could order a HTC Vivid to be shipped for my wife? Would that have to be separate from the pre-order? And when porting numbers over, is it possible to port numbers from two different Verizon accounts? I'm just curious because my wife is still under her parent's plan and I'm on my own. Would it make more sense to just go into a store on the 9th after work? Could I pre-order for pickup? Sorry for all of the questions, but this will be my first time switching carriers and pre-ordering a phone. Thanks.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try to answer this as best as possible. Keep in mind i dont work for any carrier, just based on general knowledge.

First off, the two transactions are unrelated, so i would do them separately to make it easier. Lets start off with the Lumia 900.

Porting should be pretty simple, notify your carrier that you are planning to port out the number (ETF may apply). Once they are notified, you should be able to port the number to ATT with your billing name, address, account number, perhaps a pin/pw if applicable. At the bare min, you will need to provide everything besides the pin/pw to port in my experience and this can be done online i believe. If not sure, just go into store and do the port with the same info.

As far as discounts go, you can enroll online using the att website if your employer provides discounts. You will need to enter a company email and you should be sent a confirmation email where you verify. May take a couple of billing cycles to apply the discounts. You can also go into the store and do this, you will provide a company email, but need to go back to your company email to verify.

Pretty simple process unless there are issues on verizon's side like not noting on their system of a port.

For your wife, same process except you will need the information from the parent's plan. So the primary name on the account, billing address, account number, and any pw/pin if applicable.

Hope this helps, if anybody can correct please do so.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright. Thanks a lot. Hopefully, I can get it sorted out without too much trouble. My only real concern is pre-ordering the lumia 900 and getting my wife's phone with a subsidy too. Like I said, i've never pre-ordered a phone before, but I know on AT&T's website, if you sign up for a family plan it asks you to add at least 2 phones. I'm just not sure how that works.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
... Like I said, i've never pre-ordered a phone before, but I know on AT&T's website, if you sign up for a family plan it asks you to add at least 2 phones. I'm just not sure how that works.

I find it easiest to just call AT&T and explain what you want to do. They have always benn real helpful to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon