Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
My friend"s arrogant Persian, getting upset at me for getting too close.

All auto except for focussing "Macro". Cropped and auto enhanced.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems no matter what I do I can't take a low light shot that isn't unacceptably grainy. The lighting has to be absolutely perfect to get a non-grainy shot. Not even my original Samsung Focus is that bad. What's worse is that the image looks like it should come out excellent before taking the picture, and unbelievable grainy afterwards. Hopefully Nokia can figure out some sort of software fix that will make the photos look better.

I would like to have more macro shots like this one.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
haha, grainy or not I really like how this picture turned out. In fact, I liked it so much I gave it the thumba treatment. I made the edited version my desktop background. :D

7944fd7d682c80ed.jpg

7944fd7d683740f4.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The 900 met its mortal enemy today, a dark room with a lot of reflective surfaces. :p

We went to the Air Zoo museum in Michigan today. The entire area is really dark, except for one hanger which was still quite dim. Flash helped a bit, unfortunately, flash hates reflective surfaces like, oh I don't know, metal planes! Also tried playing with the exposure and ISO but that only goes so far.

I learned that Auto Enhance in Creative Studio works waaaaay better than Auto Fix from the camera app. However, it's too time consuming to manually adjust almost 90 pictures when you have to open each one individually. I'll try to fix them later, but right now they are what they are.

Air Zoo, Michigan - SkyDrive

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad to say my Lumia does as well with greens as blues. I took amazing quality pictures at Olympic National Park this weekend. My friends are jealous and we hardly needed to use our DSLR.

Attached one with macro mode, macro focus. The second is landscape mode, no other modifications.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Taking photos and seeing photos on here really takes away that the Lumia 900's camera is subpar. Even without a BSI sensor, a lot of these photos are pretty amazing. Think that kinda states its more of a settings issue. Anyways, I wanted to share this blog post by Nokia about photos taken with Lumia phones (710-900). Some of those 710 photos are pretty amazing imo. It was posted June 15, 2012, and I don't think it's been shared here yet.
Creative showcase: Nokia Lumia user photos – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre