12-28-2013 07:30 PM
526 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Upgrade that 4:3 monitor!!! :P
    Last edited by HeyCori; 08-19-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    08-19-2012 05:04 PM
    IT'S TIME TO GET ZEISSY

Overall I think Nokia made some solid improvements to the camera. I wouldn't say they reinvented the wheel, but shutter speed, color reproduction, and image accuracy seems increased.

Last edited by HeyCori; 08-19-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    08-19-2012 05:15 PM
    Upgrade that 4:3 monitor!!! :P
    Lol. Never!!!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    hellomiggy likes this.
    08-19-2012 05:35 PM
    All settings auto

without flash

with flash
    CDG likes this.
    08-19-2012 08:45 PM
    Seems as though Tango has improved the camera a lot and the shutter speed is increased.
    I think you may mean shutter lag, the shutter speed is the actual length of the exposure (eg: 1/10, 1/25, 1/50, 1/100 of a second, etc), while the shutter lag is the amount of time between pressing the shutter button and the camera taking the picture.
    08-19-2012 08:57 PM
    Business card closeup. The business card was sitting on my laptop. The room is dark.

All settings are auto. This is with the flash.

CDG likes this.
    08-19-2012 09:34 PM
    Same business card with auto settings--business card was sitting on my thigh, and I am wearing jeans.

CDG likes this.
    08-19-2012 09:37 PM
    Here's a tip for anyone trying to get the perfect macro shot. If the lens refuses the focus on the image in the foreground, place your hand behind the object you're trying to take a picture of. It will force the sensor to focus on the foreground and not the background.

Here's another tip. Remove your hand before taking the photo. :P
    hellomiggy likes this.
    08-20-2012 11:09 AM
    So I've been using 'high' contrast and 'low' saturation as my standard settings for a while now. I'm gonna switch to normal for both and see how I like it.

hellomiggy likes this.
    08-20-2012 04:20 PM
    Took a walk this morning... right after getting my tooth drilled. :(

Full rez, no editing.

08-21-2012 02:26 PM
    Aight dawg! u gonna have to tell us what b dem settings?

(Alright! Comrade... You are going to have to tell us what are your settings?)
    08-21-2012 02:45 PM
    Aight dawg! u gonna have to tell us what b dem settings?

(Alright! Comrade... You are going to have to tell us what are your settings?)
    Tango update
    Sunlight
    Scenes: Macro
    White Balance: Auto
    Exposure Value: 0
    ISO: Auto
    Metering Mode: Center Spot
    Effects: Normal
    Contrast: Normal (down from High)
    Saturation: Normal (up from Low)
    Focus Mode: Macro
    Resolution: 7MP 16:9
    Flicker Reduction: 50Hz

If the lens doesn't focus on the foreground then place your hand behind the object. That usually forces the lens to focus on exactly the image you want. Also, I use the camera button almost exclusively now. I pretty much have to for those macro shots because I use one hand to half press the button so the lens can focus and I place my other hand behind the object.
    dkp23 and 1jaxstate1 like this.
    08-21-2012 03:40 PM
    Tango update
    Sunlight
    Scenes: Macro
    White Balance: Auto
    Exposure Value: 0
    ISO: Auto
    Metering Mode: Center Spot
    Effects: Normal
    Contrast: Normal (down from High)
    Saturation: Normal (up from Low)
    Focus Mode: Macro
    Resolution: 7MP 16:9
    Flicker Reduction: 50Hz

If the lens doesn't focus on the foreground then place your hand behind the object. That usually forces the lens to focus on exactly the image you want. Also, I use the camera button almost exclusively now. I pretty much have to for those macro shots because I use one hand to half press the button so the lens can focus and I place my other hand behind the object.
    Thanks. Somebody that post pictures and also the settings they used to help us out.

Much appreciated. You getting good shots indoors, lowlight? still struggling with that, but some decent pictures are coming out every so often.
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-21-2012 04:23 PM
    Thanks. Somebody that post pictures and also the settings they used to help us out.

Much appreciated. You getting good shots indoors, lowlight? still struggling with that, but some decent pictures are coming out every so often.
    Sadly, indoor shots are still pretty bad. Too noisy and color reproduction is off. Flash helps but I don't like using flash. IMO, flash is only good for drunk pics at the bar, lol.
    08-21-2012 04:47 PM
    Sadly, indoor shots are still pretty bad. Too noisy and color reproduction is off. Flash helps but I don't like using flash. IMO, flash is only good for drunk pics at the bar, lol.
    Wow those are some nice pictures. Anyways, regarding indoor, low light shots, I've found out that setting White Balance to Fluorescent, then lowering the Saturation one step, and then adjusting the exposure higher you get rather nice reproduction without flash. I've finally found out how handy the save settings are. If you're going to be using it in the same setting for a while, this comes in really handy.
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-22-2012 12:10 AM
    08-22-2012 12:35 AM
    Wow those are some nice pictures. Anyways, regarding indoor, low light shots, I've found out that setting White Balance to Fluorescent, then lowering the Saturation one step, and then adjusting the exposure higher you get rather nice reproduction without flash. I've finally found out how handy the save settings are. If you're going to be using it in the same setting for a while, this comes in really handy.
    Thanks for the tips!
    08-22-2012 07:58 AM
    Sweet def gonna try this.

Indoors my settings have been

Scenes - Night for Night and Macro for daytime indoors
    ISO 100
    Metering -center weighted for general and center spotted for centering objects
    contrast -high
    focus mode- macro

Everything else same or normal. Seem to take decent to good pictures at times, but with the iso at 100, needs a little more time to focus.
    08-22-2012 10:43 AM
    The mentioned settings in my previous post that was used.

Scenes - Night for Night and Macro for daytime indoors
    ISO 100
    Metering -center weighted for general and center spotted for centering objects
    contrast -high
    focus mode- macro
    HeyCori, sdreamer and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-22-2012 10:53 AM
    Microsoft Store - work in progress

Rockingham Park Mall,
    Salem, NH
    Attachment 21704
    HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-22-2012 10:17 PM
    08-23-2012 01:08 PM
    I don't really have any examples for low light shots, but I just came back from a Vegas trip with family, and the settings I found to work with were, indoor low light was what I mentioned before:

White Balance: Flourescent
    Saturation: -1 step
    Exposure: +0.5 step

This will work well for most scenarios, giving you a more natural color reproduction, but one thing that killed a lot of my photos was I forgot to bump down the ISO to 100, so I had a ton of really noisy, but more accurate (not super accurate) color reproduction. In some cases however, I had to bump saturation back up to get really nice pop out of my pictures, this is especially for subjects with more contrasting colors like reds and such. I think if I had bumped down the ISO to 100, I would have had some really nice low light shots without flash.

One other tip I found is killing reflection by putting the contrast up and exposure down. In the Aria, they had these boxes with these manikins in them for some show, but a sheet of glass was in front. The boxes inside them were dark while the dummies were white. Taking it with a higher exposure lead to higher reflections, and using the settings I just mentioned minimized or sometimes removed the reflection. Thought I'd throw that out there.

One more tip, is if you are finding the photo coming out too dark (due to a bright light source behind your subject), use tap to shoot instead of press to focus (you can try messing around with the frame weight if you insist on press to focus). I find that this will pump up the exposure just enough in some cases to prevent silhouette type photos.
    08-26-2012 10:10 PM
    Was in Boston over the weekend and took some pictures with my NL900. I am pretty impressed. This camera is pretty good in Day Light for sure. What do you guys think?
    HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-26-2012 11:49 PM
    Once you see the Pepsi bottle it can't be unseen. :(

Stupid litterers ruining my shot!

08-27-2012 12:15 PM
    This wasn't all that great, but it was a difficult shot. I was looking directly into the sun and really couldn't even see what I was focusing.

08-28-2012 07:04 PM
526 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD