Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Aight dawg! u gonna have to tell us what b dem settings?

(Alright! Comrade... You are going to have to tell us what are your settings?)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Aight dawg! u gonna have to tell us what b dem settings?

(Alright! Comrade... You are going to have to tell us what are your settings?)

Tango update
Sunlight
Scenes: Macro
White Balance: Auto
Exposure Value: 0
ISO: Auto
Metering Mode: Center Spot
Effects: Normal
Contrast: Normal (down from High)
Saturation: Normal (up from Low)
Focus Mode: Macro
Resolution: 7MP 16:9
Flicker Reduction: 50Hz

If the lens doesn't focus on the foreground then place your hand behind the object. That usually forces the lens to focus on exactly the image you want. Also, I use the camera button almost exclusively now. I pretty much have to for those macro shots because I use one hand to half press the button so the lens can focus and I place my other hand behind the object.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Tango update
Sunlight
Scenes: Macro
White Balance: Auto
Exposure Value: 0
ISO: Auto
Metering Mode: Center Spot
Effects: Normal
Contrast: Normal (down from High)
Saturation: Normal (up from Low)
Focus Mode: Macro
Resolution: 7MP 16:9
Flicker Reduction: 50Hz

If the lens doesn't focus on the foreground then place your hand behind the object. That usually forces the lens to focus on exactly the image you want. Also, I use the camera button almost exclusively now. I pretty much have to for those macro shots because I use one hand to half press the button so the lens can focus and I place my other hand behind the object.

Thanks. Somebody that post pictures and also the settings they used to help us out.

Much appreciated. You getting good shots indoors, lowlight? still struggling with that, but some decent pictures are coming out every so often.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Somebody that post pictures and also the settings they used to help us out.

Much appreciated. You getting good shots indoors, lowlight? still struggling with that, but some decent pictures are coming out every so often.

Sadly, indoor shots are still pretty bad. Too noisy and color reproduction is off. Flash helps but I don't like using flash. IMO, flash is only good for drunk pics at the bar, lol.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, indoor shots are still pretty bad. Too noisy and color reproduction is off. Flash helps but I don't like using flash. IMO, flash is only good for drunk pics at the bar, lol.

Wow those are some nice pictures. Anyways, regarding indoor, low light shots, I've found out that setting White Balance to Fluorescent, then lowering the Saturation one step, and then adjusting the exposure higher you get rather nice reproduction without flash. I've finally found out how handy the save settings are. If you're going to be using it in the same setting for a while, this comes in really handy.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow those are some nice pictures. Anyways, regarding indoor, low light shots, I've found out that setting White Balance to Fluorescent, then lowering the Saturation one step, and then adjusting the exposure higher you get rather nice reproduction without flash. I've finally found out how handy the save settings are. If you're going to be using it in the same setting for a while, this comes in really handy.

Thanks for the tips!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Sweet def gonna try this.

Indoors my settings have been

Scenes - Night for Night and Macro for daytime indoors
ISO 100
Metering -center weighted for general and center spotted for centering objects
contrast -high
focus mode- macro

Everything else same or normal. Seem to take decent to good pictures at times, but with the iso at 100, needs a little more time to focus.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The mentioned settings in my previous post that was used.

Scenes - Night for Night and Macro for daytime indoors
ISO 100
Metering -center weighted for general and center spotted for centering objects
contrast -high
focus mode- macro

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
7945036715b02f18.jpg

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't really have any examples for low light shots, but I just came back from a Vegas trip with family, and the settings I found to work with were, indoor low light was what I mentioned before:

White Balance: Flourescent
Saturation: -1 step
Exposure: +0.5 step

This will work well for most scenarios, giving you a more natural color reproduction, but one thing that killed a lot of my photos was I forgot to bump down the ISO to 100, so I had a ton of really noisy, but more accurate (not super accurate) color reproduction. In some cases however, I had to bump saturation back up to get really nice pop out of my pictures, this is especially for subjects with more contrasting colors like reds and such. I think if I had bumped down the ISO to 100, I would have had some really nice low light shots without flash.

One other tip I found is killing reflection by putting the contrast up and exposure down. In the Aria, they had these boxes with these manikins in them for some show, but a sheet of glass was in front. The boxes inside them were dark while the dummies were white. Taking it with a higher exposure lead to higher reflections, and using the settings I just mentioned minimized or sometimes removed the reflection. Thought I'd throw that out there.

One more tip, is if you are finding the photo coming out too dark (due to a bright light source behind your subject), use tap to shoot instead of press to focus (you can try messing around with the frame weight if you insist on press to focus). I find that this will pump up the exposure just enough in some cases to prevent silhouette type photos.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Was in Boston over the weekend and took some pictures with my NL900. I am pretty impressed. This camera is pretty good in Day Light for sure. What do you guys think?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This wasn't all that great, but it was a difficult shot. I was looking directly into the sun and really couldn't even see what I was focusing.

temporary-18.jpg

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an old (old) copy of Photoshop CS2. I can use the clone stamp tool to take it out.

Agreed, C/S is an excellent tool. In fact, I used it for this shot:

7884370384_12d06f5114_z.jpg

I took this with my 900 while I was out of town. This is essentially what you'll see throughout all of southern Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

I ran it through Photoshop to boost the contrast and C/S out some power lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6