Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Lumia's macro really is impressive. Does have trouble focusing on small objects and focuses on the background instead, but flower and such look great.

Very true! I took a picture of a very small leaf with my focus but couldn't get the 900 to focus on that same leaf no matter what i did.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Would you believe that the first three shots were with flash and default setting.. horrible.
WP_000015%20(4).jpg

WP_000016%20(4).jpg

WP_000023%20(4).jpg

These two I had to play with a bit,
WP_000027%20(3).jpg

WP_000026%20(5).jpg

All these pics were on a dark stair case with a light on off to the side. Still, even the pictures that look bright enough, have WAY too much noise.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My pictures are turning put extremely dark and I can't seem to fix it with settings, is this a problem for many people or do I possibly have a bad camera?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I myselft can't figure this out. You can change the exposure, increase it to +.5 or +1, and check the scenes and white balance settings.

But it could also just be a bad camera I have heard both, and don't know how to tell if you only have the one phone.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
120420921postfile.jpg

120420924postfile.jpg

I bought fhotoroom and started posting pictures online there. some are retouched, but these two are not .

The problem I have with the camera is that all my friends have iPhones, so its hard to tell them how to take a picture with my phone without knowing all the tricks to taking the pictures..

Both of these pics were taken with fhotoroom and not the native camera application.

Last edited:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Lady Cocobean in the kitchen begging under incandescent light.
2. My car in mixed light and shade.
3. Closeup in bright sunlight

All in auto setting

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

I bought fhotoroom and started posting pictures online there. some are retouched, but these two are not .

The problem I have with the camera is that all my friends have iPhones, so its hard to tell them how to take a picture with my phone without knowing all the tricks to taking the pictures..

Both of these pics were taken with fhotoroom and not the native camera application.

Hopefully other users try taking pictures with different apps to see if the image quality dramatically improves.

teski

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Took my daughter to the park this afternoon and snapped these with my white 900. These are straight out of the camera using the built-in camera/software. No apps, no tweaking. I'm happy with these, and I've had every iPhone, the Samsung Focus, and Lumia 800.

WP000031-L.jpg

WP000038-L.jpg

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice to have a comparison between the L900, L800 and N9 since it's the same lense but each phone has different software :)

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Wildflower season is just getting underway... here are a few shots from a lunchtime walkabout.

I think flower pics are actually not too trying for a camera, being pretty saturated, and not having large areas of neutral color that have to be balanced just so and reproduced without gradations. But what the heck... they're enjoyable to look at, and folks who know the characteristic color of Ceanothus and California Poppy will probably agree that these are pretty decent reproductions:

eddykilowatt-albums40-145.jpg

eddykilowatt-albums40-148.jpg

N-A-N (Not A Native):

eddykilowatt-albums40-146.jpg

And one dim-light shot of a candlelit restaurant table. This one won't survive any pixel-peeping, but the overall image does a fine job of capturing the scene. (Not making any claims about the composition or choice of subject!)

eddykilowatt-albums40-147.jpg

Overall I'd rate the 900's camera a definite step up from my iPhone 4, and on par with most point-and-shoots I've used recently. The sensor is pretty noisy in low light, but usable, and quite nice in daylight. There are definite issues with the image processing: white balance, color rendition, and tone curve, so Nokia's got some homework to do. Actually, I think they've already done it: the "Auto Fix" function goes a long way toward taming crushed shadows and blown highlights, and as I get comfortable with it I'm applying it to more and more pictures by default.

If Nokia would just move a slightly milder form of this AutoFix processing over into the standard default JPEG processing done on every picture, and release it in the next software update, I think we'd be hearing less complaining about photos from this phone.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my replacement today for various reasons. One thing I noticed though was low light pictures. On my original 900 I would see horrible streaking before taking photos, with my new lumia it looks just noisy, like it normally does with point and shoots. Also, then lens look different. In my original,it looks larger, the newer looks smaller. I'll have to put photos later of it. That said the newer one seems to take better low light photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss