Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not really into cheesecake, but they were just beggin' for a pic.

Click to view quoted image

If I might ask, which L900 are you using, the original+update or the green dot (post update models). I went through a couple replacements, and noticed the green dot replacement I had before had a different lense vs the original L900. Also, are you using any post processing on those? All your photos looks really crisp, whereas I see a lot of hazing and desaturation in a lot of other L900 photos (I've seen others with similar photos of crispiness as these though from the L900).

karloswithak

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This a picture of my lunch. Settings are all standard except for the focus set to "Macro"

Hope this helps anyone debating on the phone and camera quality =]

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well here we go the first couple are taken in pitch black i cut off every light on the fist floor of my house and took these of my dogs, see if you can tell which were taken with no light and with light i took some 30 pics different ways here you go i love the phone but the camera well we have all seen the the threads i plan on taking more tomorrow on the way to work in broad daylight and in my office where there is plenty of light. love to hear some opinions

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If I might ask, which L900 are you using, the original+update or the green dot (post update models). I went through a couple replacements, and noticed the green dot replacement I had before had a different lense vs the original L900. Also, are you using any post processing on those? All your photos looks really crisp, whereas I see a lot of hazing and desaturation in a lot of other L900 photos (I've seen others with similar photos of crispiness as these though from the L900).

My cyan 900 was ordered through an ATT corp store, but I had to a wait a few days for it to arrive. It does have the green dot on it, but was still prompted for update after I set up the phone.

No post processing, all phone camera settings.

The beer pic I've set to use night (scene), macro (focus), high contrast and saturation, and no flash. When using night mode, you have to keep perfectly still. In this case, my phone was resting on the table.

I have contrast and saturation saved to high, but sometimes will use normal saturation.

I've been spending free time taking pics in different situations and playing with the settings to figure out which works best. You gotta play with the settings a lot, because auto settings will be okay at best.

Pics off my 900

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My cyan 900 was ordered through an ATT corp store, but I had to a wait a few days for it to arrive. It does have the green dot on it, but was still prompted for update after I set up the phone.

The beer pic I've set to use night (scene), macro (focus), high contrast and saturation, and no flash. When using night mode, you have to keep perfectly still. In this case, my phone was resting on the table.

I have contrast and saturation saved to high, but sometimes will use normal saturation.

I've been spending free time taking pics in different situations and playing with the settings to figure out which works best. You gotta play with the settings a lot, because auto settings will be okay at best.

Pics off my 900

Thanks for mentioning that. I've noticed that as well, and I think that's what fails the camera most, is the auto settings. If you get the settings just right, the pictures look pretty awesome as evident by the ones you have posted. Hope Nokia realizes this, and it's good to know that it isn't really a hardware difference.

well here we go the first couple are taken in pitch black i cut off every light on the fist floor of my house and took these of my dogs, see if you can tell which were taken with no light and with light i took some 30 pics different ways here you go i love the phone but the camera well we have all seen the the threads i plan on taking more tomorrow on the way to work in broad daylight and in my office where there is plenty of light. love to hear some opinions

The top two I think are in pitch black, the one with the blurry dog, and the other with the fluffy dog looking very demonic. Gotta say though, that one where the dog just looks possessed looks pretty good for pitch black or maybe low light. The other ones with low light are alright as well, but not great. Seems like it works better in pitch black with just the flash, ironic. I'd have to say, even in broad daylight you might find it underwhelming unless you have the right settings. Auto just really is a hit or miss. If you let it get the white balance and scene right you might get some good photos, but most of the time I get really hazy photos without making some adjustments.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning that. I've noticed that as well, and I think that's what fails the camera most, is the auto settings. If you get the settings just right, the pictures look pretty awesome as evident by the ones you have posted. Hope Nokia realizes this, and it's good to know that it isn't really a hardware difference.

I agree with you 100%. I think they just need to tweek some of the auto settings and you will get more good pics than okay pics. I suggest to everyone to save contrast and saturation to high as these seem to remove the haze and give you better color. If you use that as a starting point, it will be easier to adjust and retake pics than from default settings. In some instances saturation will be too much, so I simply bring it back down to normal. Where as I always keep contrast on high.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The top two I think are in pitch black, the one with the blurry dog, and the other with the fluffy dog looking very demonic. Gotta say though, that one where the dog just looks possessed looks pretty good for pitch black or maybe low light. The other ones with low light are alright as well, but not great. Seems like it works better in pitch black with just the flash, ironic. I'd have to say, even in broad daylight you might find it underwhelming unless you have the right settings. Auto just really is a hit or miss. If you let it get the white balance and scene right you might get some good photos, but most of the time I get really hazy photos without making some adjustments.

I love the way you state my wifes dog looks demonic poor chewy lol.... yeah they were in pitch black and the the ones with the lights on still look as if they were dark its almost like the flash for real does not fire like it should i am not sure if its delayed or to early just can't put my finger on it but good one dude lol demonic looking dog loll.....

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I love the way you state my wifes dog looks demonic poor chewy lol.... yeah they were in pitch black and the the ones with the lights on still look as if they were dark its almost like the flash for real does not fire like it should i am not sure if its delayed or to early just can't put my finger on it but good one dude lol demonic looking dog loll.....

Sorry, I did not mean to offend, it's just crazy how the light reflects off the dog's eyes, and it's just looks like its smiling in that one pic.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Sorry, I did not mean to offend, it's just crazy how the light reflects off the dog's eyes, and it's just looks like its smiling in that one pic.

Demonic dog, meet my demonic bird...

ninjaap-albums42-166.jpg

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
ninjaap-albums42-168.jpg

Settings: scenes: macro, metering mode: center spot, contrast: high, saturation: high, focus mode: macro

Last edited:

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 900 Saturday and put it use right away with many Cinco de mayo party pics, it wasn't till the next day when I discovered that I had not taken the protective film off the lens! lol One of my friends like the shots because she looked younger! HAHA

I'm not liking the wider angle lens, there is noticeable subject bending in a portrait compostion, i.e., head to toe shots. I guess I'll get use to it. Next, I find that settings can't be saved. Not good. Now the worst... Continual light monitoring after camer button has been half pressed!! This is camer 101 basics and this not on here blows. I replaced my Samsung Focus with this Nokia and I guess I expected the camera would be the same or perhaps better, not steps (plural) backwards!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I just got my 900 Saturday and put it use right away with many Cinco de mayo party pics, it wasn't till the next day when I discovered that I had not taken the protective film off the lens! lol One of my friends like the shots because she looked younger! HAHA

I'm not liking the wider angle lens, there is noticeable subject bending in a portrait compostion, i.e., head to toe shots. I guess I'll get use to it. Next, I find that settings can't be saved. Not good. Now the worst... Continual light monitoring after camer button has been half pressed!! This is camer 101 basics and this not on here blows. I replaced my Samsung Focus with this Nokia and I guess I expected the camera would be the same or perhaps better, not steps (plural) backwards!

I can save my camera settings okay.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
@ninjaap what are your camera settings if you do not mind sharing?

Here is my response from an earlier post:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)