Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
That is true. It's a camera phone. We shouldnt have to tweak it to get great pics. But what good are the extra settings that software gives us? Honestly, if it weren't for this phone, I would have never researched ISO, metering, and other settings available to us. I love that this phone is becoming more like a real camera. I used to hate how people say "this is a phone, if you want good pics take your point and shoot or dslr with you". I don't want to carry two devices with me, though. Well Nokia is showing with its awesome camera phones that we may no longer need those extra gadgets any longer (at least a point and shoot, for now).

The problem is, that Nokia and the Lumia 900 aren't the first with these types of settings and higher end optics in their cameras. There have been MANY phones that take fantastic pictures out of the box.... and you can then tweak them to your liking if you're into that.

My personal first phone that had all these settings was the HTC evo, and that's over 2 years old.... and I know there were many more before that.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The problem is, that Nokia and the Lumia 900 aren't the first with these types of settings and higher end optics in their cameras. There have been MANY phones that take fantastic pictures out of the box.... and you can then tweak them to your liking if you're into that.

My personal first phone that had all these settings was the HTC evo, and that's over 2 years old.... and I know there were many more before that.

I agree with you on that. It was frustrating for me at first, because I'm used to relying on auto settings with all my previous phones. But it is what it is and I'm convinced this is a great camera, which is better than any camera phone I have ever owned. Here's to hoping Nokia gives us an update for auto settings. In the meantime, I think people need to stop complaining and play with their settings. Its actually pretty fun if you give it a try. If you read through this thread, there are those who have figured out their favorite auto settings. Figure out yours, save them and tweak from there to make it easier on yourself.

My saved auto settings: contrast: high, metering: frame average, focus mode: macro, everything else auto.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
kredrian-albums47-174.htm

kredrian-albums47-175.htm

kredrian-albums47-176.htm

Most of these were taken in really low light.

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Two pics of a Testarossa I saw today. I fooled with the settings without entirely knowing what I was doing. I set the ISO to 400 and the saturation on low. Any tips on how to get less grainy shots? Should I just set those to default?

wp000084.jpg

wp000083z.jpg

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My Focus still takes better pictures than my Lumia and I thought the Focus camera was pretty bad :(

I really hope Nokia gets their camera act together because my second most important feature of a phone is a good camera. When W8 comes out whomever offers the best camera will get my money.

What do you guys think of the pictures?

temporary-4.jpg

temporary-3.jpg

temporary-2.jpg

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Some people have some decent pictures but almost all have a slight graininess to them.

In any event I like seeing peoples pictures, keep posting them!

IPA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Question guys: when my contacts call me, their picture comes as EXTREMELY grainy, even pics I've taken on my Lumia that look great when I look at them in my albums. What gives? Why do they look so horrible when a call comes in?

Thanks!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's a few more from my excursion to Balboa Park. I think they came out pretty well. After having some pretty bad low light shots, these pretty much make up for it. The fact I took most of these with auto (exception of switching some of these to macro for the macro types of shots), I think they're pretty good. Probably would have gotten warmer colors if I at least switched the scene type for some of them to something more appropriate.
sdreamer-albums53-197.jpg
sdreamer-albums53-196.jpg
sdreamer-albums53-195.jpg
sdreamer-albums53-194.jpg
sdreamer-albums53-193.jpg
sdreamer-albums53-192.jpg

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Hung out at the lake for Memorial weekend

Saved settings for the day: Scenes: beach, Metering Mode: frame average, Contrast: high, Focus Mode: macro

ninjaap-albums42-198.jpg

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Untouched, auto, bright daylight.

What should I have done different?

Thanks much :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members