Just Got My Lumia 900

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Watup WPC!! If you have been keeping up with the Lumia you know that Nokia dropped over $20 mil for at&t employees to get their hands on these. I just got mine today (perks of the job) and I guess I'm a lil late to the party as some of my at&t counterparts have had their's for a few days according to this thread.

To be honest, I was never a big fan of WP7 but I've been very intrigued by the Lumia since it was announced so I'm looking to give Windows another shot. I'm a member of iMore.com and AC.com but I'm pretty new to WPC and I look forward to learning from everybody here so I can pass along the info to other customers. Figured I would post some quick pics to keep you excited about the device.

I'm trying to compile a list of must have apps/customizations to try out that will enhance the experience. In return I can try to answer any questions you have about the phone.

Lastly, the shameless plug... If you are in Columbus, OH come see me at the Morse rd store if you want to check out the device in advance!

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Lucky sob's everywhere! Poor me - I'm stuck on Verizon due to 3 phones worth of etf's and not wanting to lose my grandfathered in unlimited data.

With that gripe over, I'm absolutely looking forward to feedback from fans of the other platforms. One day I hope to have a Nokia WP, whether on Verizon or another carrier if need be!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Do us a favor, download Bandwidth and run an LTE speed test.

Surprised the reps that have the phone already have not done so already.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life off of LTE. Could you post some pictures taken by the Lumia 900? Is the screen fast and responsive? Device Pocket friendly? Too heavy?

Well, there are all my concerns :D

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Since you don't have lte coverage,does the phone give you the option to turn off he lte radio to save battery? I want this phone but don't have lte in my area either.

I dont think that option is on the phone. I searched and all I saw was the ability to turn cellular data off/on. I don't think this will hurt you. W just have hspa+ here and my battery life has been pretty strong. I purposely turned wifi off and only used the network all day. I had an 8-9 hour training today starting at 8:30am. At the time of plugging into the PC tonight I had about 75-80% left. Granted I didnt use it that much because of the training but that is still better than alot of the androids I have been using.

How is the battery life off of LTE. Could you post some pictures taken by the Lumia 900? Is the screen fast and responsive? Device Pocket friendly? Too heavy?

Well, there are all my concerns :D

See above about battery life. There is a sticky in the Lumia 900 section with pics from the cam. I will add mine tonight or tomorrow. As far as the screen goes, it is very responsive. I haven't had witnessed any lag whatsoever thus far. It is heavier than I'm used to coming from a Galaxy SII but then again I have to carry 2 phones. One personal (4S) and one work (900) so my pockets are always bulging and I hate it (no fault of the Lumia just the nature of the beast).

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Great! Thanks for the input! I'll be putting a screen protector on this, mostly for fingerprints and maybe find a way to cover up the band surrounding the camera as it scratches easily.

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
FYI I can confirm that we do have the visual voicemail. You have to set it up by calling in and following the prompts. Once complete, the Lumia will get the voicemail tab added to the Phone tab. Ugly pics attached

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Very cool on the voicemail, where would you rank this phone right now?

Coming from someone who was never a WP7 fan, I want to withhold my judgement for a specific rating. I just got mine on Monday so 2 days is not enough time for an accurate score. I can tell you, however, that this feels like a high end phone. Not just another gimicky device that was overhyped. The phone feels like quality in your hand. Flying through menus don't disappoint. The app selection or lack thereof is still hard to get over for me as I assume it will be for many customers.

How is call and ringer volume? I had an unlocked Lumia 800 and that was my only complaint was the low volumes.

The phone calls I made sound great. I was on the phone for an hour yesterday on one phone call with our support team for a customer and I have 0 complaints about reception and call clarity

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
@mhopii, can u confirm which software version is shipping please?

This is what I have currently. Not sure what will actually ship. Our Nokia Rep said that there might be an update before or shortly after launch. Not 100% sure though

mhopii-albums31-114.jpg

Enjoy and welcome to the WP family!!

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss