Just Got My Lumia 900

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft has a couple of free games like Breeze, Sudoku, Minesweeper, Shuffle party. Good and free way for new users to start racking up that gamerscore! Also

Rowi, Carbon for twitter
Halo Waypoint (with Halo Atlas free on WP)
Xbox Companion
Newegg
Falling Skies
Bing2Wall
Artist picture on lock screen with music playing

Also throw in a demo of your Avatar dancing to music in the games hub, always a good laugh.

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
All these Apps sound pretty great. As a newbie to WP, I'm really excited to use my Zune Pass that I have on the Xbox. It's not the most useful thing on my television - but if the portable service has the same library/functions as the Xbox version - I'm stoked! It'll be the perfect on the go music service. Anyone here use it frequently?

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
All these Apps sound pretty great. As a newbie to WP, I'm really excited to use my Zune Pass that I have on the Xbox. It's not the most useful thing on my television - but if the portable service has the same library/functions as the Xbox version - I'm stoked! It'll be the perfect on the go music service. Anyone here use it frequently?

Absolutely! Zune and the Zune pass is one of my favorite features of Windows Phone. It's amazing.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I love my zune pass on my wp. I often use it to show friends what they are missing but my wife likes to point out that it is a pay service :) She's just jealous (iPhone user). But really it is worth the price.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I subscribe to the Zune service as well. I have the old subscription model that includes unlimited streaming + 10 MP3 (so non-DRM, and I keep them if I stop subscribing) downloads a month. As a programmer, music is important to me (I listen to it most of the day while working), and the Zune service is invaluable. Having it on my phone as well when driving (it syncs with my Veloster over bluetooth, so I don't even have to pull it out of my pocket to listen to Zune music) is great.

Will be making a trip up to Charlotte this weekend to see a Tchaicovsky symphony and the phone will come in handy for podcasts/music during the 4-hour round trip.

Excited for Nokia about the 900. Looking forward to what rolls out around Christmastime with Apollo.

wsantiago

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Good question. Here are a few apps off the top of my head. I will update when I get back to my Galaxy SII:

Handcent SMS: for more customization options for text including privacy inbox
tTorrent Pro
ES File Explorer
Google Voice app (not sure if there is an app on the Lumia or not)
Angry Birds Space (hopefully coming soon)
Draw Something
Pandora (heard there was an equivalent besides slacker??)
Dat Piff Mobile

Any suggestions on equivalent apps would be great.

For Google Voice use FreeTalk or goVoice...personally I like FreeTalk

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
the Zunepass is WORTH the money and amazing.. because at any point in time during the day I can be like... hmmm I want that Album.. and get it.. =)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Also what's really cool about Windows Phone is contact history. Its awesome for business so for example you have your Manager Joe Smith. With the history feature you can see all Joe Smiths recent e-mails and messages between you to. This is awesome for keeping track of the conversation.

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
FYI I can confirm that we do have the visual voicemail. You have to set it up by calling in and following the prompts. Once complete, the Lumia will get the voicemail tab added to the Phone tab. Ugly pics attached
Is that by default on the phone, or does AT&T have to switch something on for us to get Visual Voicemail?

damielrohie

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. For the online pre-orders can I order it at midnight tonight Eastern Standard time, because that is when i am planning on ordering.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would think so. Or it could be Eastern time which would be an hour or more earlier. When they had the sale back in November it was midnight eastern time.

aminulahsan

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
mhopii, could you please compare the audio quality of Lumia 900 with 4S (thru earphone of course :))? I like WP, but some stupid OS limitations (iOS influenced ;)) & poor audio quality are really killing me :mad: (used to be a power user & an audiophile :p)

Last edited:

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central! I myself am new to WP 7 and am enjoying the experience. I recently posted no WPcentral to understand the OS better and i got some wonderful response ! I am waiting on Lumia 900 to release and i borrowed my friend's WP7 phone and have been using it for past 2 weeks check out all functions that WPCentral members shared....
Here is list I have been trying .. and i find them very good ... maybe you can educate your customers about the same .....

-Nokia Drive(GPS) which is free for life time and done NOT Use data from your data plan (Waiting for Nokia phone though ; someone in Office uses Nokia E7 he says GPS is great)
-Nokia Transport - it offers walking, bus, metro and tube directions for multiple cities around the world. (Waiting for Nokia phone)
-Integration with Xbox
-Integration with facebook/twiter
-Free 25Gb Storage from Skydrive
-Bing Vision : built in feature to use the camera to look up a book or an item's UPC code and find the best price online
-Local Scout function : It also tells you things to see and do and where to shop depending on where you are.
-Gasbuddy helps you find the cheapest gas near you
-Nokia Music and Zune are very good.
-Skype beta available ; Tango already exists and its great.
-You can search for movies and showtimes right on the device.
-Bing Music is another great feature that can help identify a random song you might hear while you're out

Business and office Needs :

-Lync and Share point access
-Integrated MS Office - Mails from Outlook great; better than any OS that i saw.
-Once the Good Enterprise Solutions app releases (depending on whether your company uses it) you should be able to access encrypted email

I really like the fact that you are open and willing to learn about other platforms to sell the devise ... Each OS has its positives and Negatives ... So far I am liking WP7 , iOS is also good ... but WP7 looks different , functions great and Nokia devise looks amazing ...

Good Luck with your sales ..

It should be noted that SharePoint 2010 is required. The phone doesn't work with SharePoint 2007 or WSS 3.0. If your server is running 2010 I can tell you it is AWESOME on the phone!

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
it will have to be provisioned on your account along with the lte
Thanks Andrea! What do you mean by "provisioned"? If I pre-order the phone and it arrives at my house, will these features already be activated, or will I still need to contact AT&T to have them provision/turn on the features? There has been times where I had to return to the store because the AT&T rep forgot to switch on certain features in order for things to work correctly. Just wanted to make sure I understand the provisioning process :blush:

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Also what's really cool about Windows Phone is contact history. Its awesome for business so for example you have your Manager Joe Smith. With the history feature you can see all Joe Smiths recent e-mails and messages between you to. This is awesome for keeping track of the conversation.

I've been using that. Very useful.

Is that by default on the phone, or does AT&T have to switch something on for us to get Visual Voicemail?

The rep who sets u up will do that automatically. I would just confirm that its working bfore you leave.

I have a question. For the online pre-orders can I order it at midnight tonight Eastern Standard time, because that is when i am planning on ordering.

Not sure what time online orders start. As we rarely deal with online processes

mhopii, could you please compare the audio quality of Lumia 900 with 4S (thru earphone of course :))? I like WP, but some stupid OS limitations (iOS influenced ;)) & poor audio quality are really killing me :mad: (used to be a power user & an audiophile :p)

I haven't played much with music yet. Just loaded some on the phone today. When I go to the gym later I will try it out in my car.

SAENZ_SCENE

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thread. I to have been using the Lumia 900(blue) and I am loving it!! I have two phone. Android is my primary which I have used since the g1 was launched. I am new to windows phone and I love it so far. I really hope it succeeds and I will be pushing it hard. Thanks again to all.

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
For those that are going to their first lte device (most of you) I would strongly recommend getting the 900 from the store if you can help it. Working in the store we see alot of ppl who order these lte devices and end up having to come in anyways. Sometimes visual voicemail may not be provisioned correctly, some dont know how to activate the new micro sim and data plan themselves etc. It is alot easier for the rep and quicker for the consumer if we set it up correctly the first time vs finding errors then spending time fixing them. Plus the rep will appreciate the fact that you came in the store.

To top it off you will get better service in store than online or thru cust care. There's a reason we were ranked #1 by JD power for customer experience in store ;)

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way i can buy the product at BestBuy Mobile and then take it to AT&T to have them set up LTE and Visual Voice Mail?
I have a $50 gift card from BestBuy, but do not trust them as much as AT&T.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Andrea! What do you mean by "provisioned"? If I pre-order the phone and it arrives at my house, will these features already be activated, or will I still need to contact AT&T to have them provision/turn on the features? There has been times where I had to return to the store because the AT&T rep forgot to switch on certain features in order for things to work correctly. Just wanted to make sure I understand the provisioning process :blush:

once you purchase the phone they will change your data package and provision it to the LTE with Visual voicemail data. So this way your data speeds will be open on their end for LTE and their end of visual voicemail will work :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb