Just Got My Lumia 900

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way i can buy the product at BestBuy Mobile and then take it to AT&T to have them set up LTE and Visual Voice Mail?
I have a $50 gift card from BestBuy, but do not trust them as much as AT&T.

yes after they set up your account at best buy just swing over to AT&T and have them ensure everything is correct

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
once you purchase the phone they will change your data package and provision it to the LTE with Visual voicemail data. So this way your data speeds will be open on their end for LTE and their end of visual voicemail will work :)
Once again...thank you for the clarification! I feel like such a NOOB :giggle:

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way i can buy the product at BestBuy Mobile and then take it to AT&T to have them set up LTE and Visual Voice Mail?
I have a $50 gift card from BestBuy, but do not trust them as much as AT&T.

If you do go to the at&t store after buying the phone from best buy at least buy something like some accessories from the rep that cleans up the mess from best buy lol (if there is a mess). If you put yourself in a reps shoes, it sucks to have a customer buy something or give commission to one person but you make another rep deal with the service issues.

Yes its our job but i'm just being realistic. If possible get the phone from att and use your gift card for a car dock or something. just sayin

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you do go to the at&t store after buying the phone from best buy at least buy something like some accessories from the rep that cleans up the mess from best buy lol (if there is a mess). If you put yourself in a reps shoes, it sucks to have a customer buy something or give commission to one person but you make another rep deal with the service issues.

Yes its our job but i'm just being realistic. If possible get the phone from att and use your gift card for a car dock or something. just sayin

so buy a case lol

adarnellb

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Good question. Here are a few apps off the top of my head. I will update when I get back to my Galaxy SII:

Handcent SMS: for more customization options for text including privacy inbox
tTorrent Pro
ES File Explorer
Google Voice app (not sure if there is an app on the Lumia or not)
Angry Birds Space (hopefully coming soon)
Draw Something
Pandora (heard there was an equivalent besides slacker??)
Dat Piff Mobile

Any suggestions on equivalent apps would be great.
GoVoice is the main GoogleVoice app. Additionally there is a beta app out called Groovester which works with Google Music. I have had a Samsung Focus for a year and a half and love it. Next Ph phone is a Lumia or Titan Two. Thanks for your posts.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a question!

Do you hear a click/pop when switching from one song to the next when using earphones? I really hope it doesn't have that issue :(

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Eff Pandora. If they won't support WP7 then I won't support them anymore. With the new iheartrado and last.fm and others that do support us then eff 'em say I.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

2nd. I've stopped my subscription after being a loyal 3+ year paying member. Oh well.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Lastly, the shameless plug... If you are in Columbus, OH come see me at the Morse rd store if you want to check out the device in advance!

OHH! Ohhhh... Morse Rd...:dry

If you worked at Tuttle or even Bethel near Microcenter...but all the way over to Morse Road??? I am not due a new contract until Aug (quoted per the website) and the Wife isn't due till June. [I have found that as weird though, she got her phone in July of 2010 and I got mine in December 2010...yet I had multiple months knocked off and she didn't]

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
How can you find out when LTE is going to be available?

wish i could but we dont have LTE here in Columbus yet. we will by the end of Q3 though

Also absent in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC were I live and work. No luck asking the AT&T stores when it will crawl up here. We're about 5 miles away from the current area according to AT&T's on line map.

So, naturally, I am eager to learn how you know when it will be coming to your area? Is there a website or number to call? if there is one and it's only for the AT&T Reps, I don't think they know about it around here so anything that we could tell them that would point them in the correct direction to get the answer for us?

Thanks for any assistance you can give :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

So, you know a bunch of stuff that hasn't been made public knowledge? I am just trying to think of what proprietary information could be out there that hasn't been made public...and coming up blank.

Not asking specifics...but what? Example would be "There could be another color coming"

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So, you know a bunch of stuff that hasn't been made public knowledge? I am just trying to think of what proprietary information could be out there that hasn't been made public...and coming up blank.

Not asking specifics...but what? Example would be "There could be another color coming"

i actually heard there are multiple colors coming after the white

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So, naturally, I am eager to learn how you know when it will be coming to your area?

More cities were released 2 weeks ago:

AT&T 4G LTE Coming Soon to Cleveland | Stock Market | The Columbus Dispatch

In addition to Cleveland, AT&T 4G LTE is also coming to Akron and Canton, Ohio; Naples, Fla.; Bloomington, Lafayette and Muncie, Ind.; Baton Rouge and New Orleans, La.; St. Louis, Mo; Bryan-College Station, Texas; and Staten Island in New York City. These launches are scheduled for April, May and into the early summer.

I will say, if you are JUST outside, sorry...but I doubt they would spend the money very soon to sneak out to get you (Since you probably have HSPA+ anyway). IMO, They would rather spend the money to say "We have another new market!" than say "We cover this one other suburb of a suburb."

I did not see Columbus at all though, so it is either just an assumption (since Columbus is near the top 15 largest cities) or he has received other word.

Last edited:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

How is the screen responsiveness when you unlock it? I have the Titan and I find that several times a day the screen won't respond so I need to lock it and unlock it to get it to work. Also, how is the speaker phone volume?

NeighbrhoodPush

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
No Commitment Online Purchase

when the lumia 900 becomes available for purchase i want to buy online with no commitment but i cant find that option when i do a trial run with any other phone; att's website asks to choose a plan. how would i go about this? any tips or tricks? thanks.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen responsiveness when you unlock it? I have the Titan and I find that several times a day the screen won't respond so I need to lock it and unlock it to get it to work. Also, how is the speaker phone volume?
That started to happen with my HTC Surround as well. the screen is completely unresponsive and I need to lock then unlock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12