Preorder time on the 30th?

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I just pre ordered my Lumia from my local AT&T store. My sales rep told me all pre ordered phones are being delivered to your home on the 6th. Three of the sales reps were using their company owned Lumia's, they all were moving from Androids. One rep said he was returning his after his required 90 day trail was up. He refered to the phone as a great device but limited. When asked why, he complained about what he could and couldn't do on Facebook and the apps cost more money. I asked about the battery life and all three were very possitive about it. My only complaint is the micro sim card, there are only three other phones that use it - iPhone 4 & 4s and one Android model I have never heard of. That means no swapping sim cards back and forth between phones.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just pre ordered my Lumia from my local AT&T store. My sales rep told me all pre ordered phones are being delivered to your home on the 6th. Three of the sales reps were using their company owned Lumia's, they all were moving from Androids. One rep said he was returning his after his required 90 day trail was up. He refered to the phone as a great device but limited. When asked why, he complained about what he could and couldn't do on Facebook and the apps cost more money. I asked about the battery life and all three were very possitive about it. My only complaint is the micro sim card, there are only three other phones that use it - iPhone 4 & 4s and one Android model I have never heard of. That means no swapping sim cards back and forth between phones.

the micro sim situation is a pain but alot of phones will be going that route soon

ni_ck85

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You could buy a micro sim adapter for now..

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
i dont know the more i hear the more it seems that its for upgrades only this pre order. I think im waiting for launch at best buy

Where are people getting this info? I looked through this thread and nobody has come out and said they were told that only upgrades can preorder.

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Walked into an AT&T store here in downtown Chicago and they were almost going to let me preorder, but as others have said, they couldn't do it for people wanting it off-contract :(

Also, the two reps that greeted me at the door was clueless about preorders, and calling CS on the phone yielded a rep who said "AT&T doesn't offer Nokia phones anymore".

Sigh.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was able to go right in to my store and pre-order. Got the cyan. The rep did mention the 2-3 week delivery, but he did say that it may not take that long, it was just something he had to tell me up-front. I haven't received an email confirming my order yet, like some others who pre-ordered said they did, but I am confident I will get a shipment on the 6th.

Also, the AT&T store near me is huge, so there were at least 10 reps standing around, and nearly all of them had their Lumia 900 out and playing with it, taking pictures, making calls, etc. One rep had an HTC ... he looked like he felt left out. :) Great in-store experience!

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was able to go right in to my store and pre-order. Got the cyan. The rep did mention the 2-3 week delivery, but he did say that it may not take that long, it was just something he had to tell me up-front. I haven't received an email confirming my order yet, like some others who pre-ordered said they did, but I am confident I will get a shipment on the 6th.

you were an upgrade correct?

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Not available in our company premier site yet. Will keep checking. It is 10:45 PT here.

Was going to do cyan but after checking it out in person I am leaning towards black now. If only they had red :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs