Lumia 900 4G LTE Speed Test Pic (Austin, TX)

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by an ATT store the other day and all the reps were sporting Lumia 900's. One downloaded a speed test app. Here's a pic

7.5Mb Down
2.2Mb Up

I'm excited as I stream Zune music over Bluetooth to my car and my current Focus often lags out for buffering around Austin.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by an ATT store the other day and all the reps were sporting Lumia 900's. One downloaded a speed test app. Here's a pic

7.5Mb Down
2.2Mb Up

I'm excited as I stream Zune music over Bluetooth to my car and my current Focus often lags out for buffering around Austin.

That's actually a bit disappointing - I was expecting faster. I hope that the LTE network in Houston is faster. I know they were doing some tests near the Galleria area in Houston a couple of months ago and were achieving speeds up near 50Mbps (very tuned of course and likely no congestion).

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That's a bit disappointing. Much faster than my Gen 1 Focus (~1.2 down), but only about twice as fast as my GSM Galaxy Nexus (~3.1 down).

Houston (west side)

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that the speeds seem slower on the lumia compared to my galaxy s2, HTC vivid, and my 4s. We don't have lte here but my hspa speeds with the latter 3 devices averaged between 7-10mbps. My lumia had been averaging 4-6 mbps. Hopefully this will change?

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the speeds seem slower on the lumia compared to my galaxy s2, HTC vivid, and my 4s. We don't have lte here but my hspa speeds with the latter 3 devices averaged between 7-10mbps. My lumia had been averaging 4-6 mbps. Hopefully this will change?
Maybe it's just a difference between the test apps on Android vs iOS vs WP7? Maybe using different servers or something...

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just a difference between the test apps on Android vs iOS vs WP7? Maybe using different servers or something...

Thats what I was hoping. I used Speedtest.net app on android and my 4S. Because its not available on WP7 I used an app called Bandwith. So maybe that had something to do with it. Or should I say hopefully that had something to do with it!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss