• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
04-04-2012 06:56 PM
61 123
tools
    Looks like swype and a few other applications are on the way. Either that or Nokia is false advertising.
    Last edited by falconeight; 03-30-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    hellomiggy likes this.
    03-30-2012 10:49 PM
    The Lumia 900 look incredible and sounds incredible to boot , where is the best to find apps for this device?

03-30-2012 11:06 PM
    Those are probably Symbian apps actually.
    03-31-2012 11:42 AM
    Those are probably Symbian apps actually.
    Thats what I was thinking but they are on the lumia 900 advert. Im hoping Nokia is porting all of them over. I just don't see swype making the jump.
    03-31-2012 04:05 PM
    When you buy a nokia there will be a place in the market with just nokia apps.
    there should be a nokia section in the same way that samsung and HTC have their own sections in the market.

i had a focus s, but nokia's apps and the general design are what's getting me to switch.

the focus s is a great device in its own respect, but nokia is far more comitted to wp7 and have made far more and far more useful apps for their devices.
    03-31-2012 04:24 PM
    Just had to update and say the battery on this phone is phenomenal. The screen is extremely clear and has the most accurate color representation that I have ever seen. I got use to the weight and it feels amazing now. This phone is going to sell and put Nokia on the north American cellphone map.
    AndreaCristiano likes this.
    03-31-2012 06:39 PM
    Which screen protector did you use? Did you notice it interfering with the screen look at all? And does it feel similar to bare glass?
    03-31-2012 07:10 PM
    Which screen protector did you use? Did you notice it interfering with the screen look at all? And does it feel similar to bare glass?
    I just used a regular screen protector from amazon. I don't know the name but it feels fine. I am not using a case because I ordered the Qubit one and it made the phone to bulky for me. So I am going naked with a zagg full body protector. I actually like the way zagg feels and its pretty tough.
    03-31-2012 07:26 PM
    Uhh isn't it only out on April 8th?
    03-31-2012 07:28 PM
    Uhh isn't it only out on April 8th?
    Isn't what out?
    03-31-2012 07:44 PM
    There is a very annoying delay from the time you push the picture button to when the picture is actually taken.
    03-31-2012 07:54 PM
    Definitely have to do this. Draining to zero and recharging to full condition the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Actually with the new lithium ion battery technology you don't get the memory effect. Instead, you get a finite number of power cycles before degradation starts. Charging your battery before it dies will help preserve your battery. Partial charges, (IE taking it off the charger before it's full) while less practical, is also beneficial.
    03-31-2012 10:35 PM
    There is a very annoying delay from the time you push the picture button to when the picture is actually taken.
    Wow, I thought the 900 was supposed to take really quick pictures?
    03-31-2012 10:35 PM
    Wow, I thought the 900 was supposed to take really quick pictures?
    Try it in a store, I am not satisfied with it.
    03-31-2012 11:07 PM
    It's a two step shutter release. First press halfway to get the focus, reframe if needed and then press all the way to take the actual picture.
    04-01-2012 07:24 AM
    Actually with the new lithium ion battery technology you don't get the memory effect. Instead, you get a finite number of power cycles before degradation starts. Charging your battery before it dies will help preserve your battery. Partial charges, (IE taking it off the charger before it's full) while less practical, is also beneficial.
    yea even though this is true , I still find the drain and refill actually helps. I know it shouldnt but it does lol. Plus the batterys finite amount of cycles will probably be in the high hundreds if not thousands and by then i will be on a new phone :P
    04-01-2012 08:18 AM
    Does the phone lag, or not. People are saying the phone lags and or is non responsive to touch. Any real life experiences are appreciated.
    04-01-2012 03:03 PM
    Does the phone lag, or not. People are saying the phone lags and or is non responsive to touch. Any real life experiences are appreciated.
    all the units I have played with had no lag at all. I can not dispute others experiences but i will say this I have 30 days. I will use those days wisely if the phone fails me ( which i dont believe it will )I will exchange it
    04-01-2012 04:38 PM
    It doesn't lag
    04-01-2012 08:52 PM
    @falconeight -- I played with the camera at the store and didn't find there to be much lag, except you have to remember the two-stage button. Have you found any delay if you press the button partway to focus and then all the way to take the picture? Thanks!
    04-01-2012 11:13 PM
    @falconeight -- I played with the camera at the store and didn't find there to be much lag, except you have to remember the two-stage button. Have you found any delay if you press the button partway to focus and then all the way to take the picture? Thanks!
    Ive been using it for 3 days and I find it to have a slow shutter speed. I did come from a galaxy nexus which had a almost instant shutter speed but crappy pics.
    04-01-2012 11:34 PM
    How slow is the shutter. I'm with you on the GNex, as it was instant. How are the pictures? I am hearing mixed reviews

Ive been using it for 3 days and I find it to have a slow shutter speed. I did come from a galaxy nexus which had a almost instant shutter speed but crappy pics.
    04-02-2012 03:21 AM
    Can you test whether you can stream audio to bluetooth while playing video (i.e., Netflix or Youtube)?
    04-02-2012 08:24 AM
    Did you know it had two stage camera button like asked previously? Granted i would think you do seeing you own 800.

I was quite amazed back in N8 days that people where not getting it in USA press. It's been the norm on SE, Nokia and Samsung phones that have camera button for years. Best being Engadget's review where he didn't know N8 had two stage camera button. :D
    Myself don't even see a point of having camera button if it's not two stage.
    Last edited by tissotti; 04-02-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    04-02-2012 09:04 AM
    How slow is the shutter. I'm with you on the GNex, as it was instant. How are the pictures? I am hearing mixed reviews
    Pictures are beautiful but trying to take action shots is a *****.
    04-02-2012 09:56 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD