My new Lumia 900 is in the house.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hah! that's funny. Well that is good, quite a relief. How is the screen smoothness, fingerprints, and feel in the pocket (jeans)?

The screen feels great but its collects fingerprints. I wouldn't say it was an issue, especially since I put a screen protector on it day one. It feels heavy in the pocket because its not a light phone. Its not bulky but it is heavy.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Did the screen protector do the trick?
Yeah that's what I figured, it really is quite heavy, I got a feel of it for a few minutes. I'm debating Focus S or Lumia 900 and they are on two ends of the spectrum when it comes to weight.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Did the screen protector do the trick?
Yeah that's what I figured, it really is quite heavy, I got a feel of it for a few minutes. I'm debating Focus S or Lumia 900 and they are on two ends of the spectrum when it comes to weight.

The focus s is a nice phone and either way you go you should be happy. Its my own preference to pick the nokia over any phone in any market. I like the build, the look, the quality, and the one piece design.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks like swype and a few other applications are on the way. Either that or Nokia is false advertising.
ScreenShot2012-03-30at94723PM.png

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
When you buy a nokia there will be a place in the market with just nokia apps.

there should be a nokia section in the same way that samsung and HTC have their own sections in the market.

i had a focus s, but nokia's apps and the general design are what's getting me to switch.

the focus s is a great device in its own respect, but nokia is far more comitted to wp7 and have made far more and far more useful apps for their devices.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just had to update and say the battery on this phone is phenomenal. The screen is extremely clear and has the most accurate color representation that I have ever seen. I got use to the weight and it feels amazing now. This phone is going to sell and put Nokia on the north American cellphone map.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Which screen protector did you use? Did you notice it interfering with the screen look at all? And does it feel similar to bare glass?

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Which screen protector did you use? Did you notice it interfering with the screen look at all? And does it feel similar to bare glass?

I just used a regular screen protector from amazon. I don't know the name but it feels fine. I am not using a case because I ordered the Qubit one and it made the phone to bulky for me. So I am going naked with a zagg full body protector. I actually like the way zagg feels and its pretty tough.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Definitely have to do this. Draining to zero and recharging to full condition the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Actually with the new lithium ion battery technology you don't get the memory effect. Instead, you get a finite number of power cycles before degradation starts. Charging your battery before it dies will help preserve your battery. Partial charges, (IE taking it off the charger before it's full) while less practical, is also beneficial.

jtke

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There is a very annoying delay from the time you push the picture button to when the picture is actually taken.
It's a two step shutter release. First press halfway to get the focus, reframe if needed and then press all the way to take the actual picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss