My new Lumia 900 is in the house.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually with the new lithium ion battery technology you don't get the memory effect. Instead, you get a finite number of power cycles before degradation starts. Charging your battery before it dies will help preserve your battery. Partial charges, (IE taking it off the charger before it's full) while less practical, is also beneficial.

yea even though this is true , I still find the drain and refill actually helps. I know it shouldnt but it does lol. Plus the batterys finite amount of cycles will probably be in the high hundreds if not thousands and by then i will be on a new phone :p

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone lag, or not. People are saying the phone lags and or is non responsive to touch. Any real life experiences are appreciated.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone lag, or not. People are saying the phone lags and or is non responsive to touch. Any real life experiences are appreciated.

all the units I have played with had no lag at all. I can not dispute others experiences but i will say this I have 30 days. I will use those days wisely if the phone fails me ( which i dont believe it will )I will exchange it

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
@falconeight -- I played with the camera at the store and didn't find there to be much lag, except you have to remember the two-stage button. Have you found any delay if you press the button partway to focus and then all the way to take the picture? Thanks!

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@falconeight -- I played with the camera at the store and didn't find there to be much lag, except you have to remember the two-stage button. Have you found any delay if you press the button partway to focus and then all the way to take the picture? Thanks!

Ive been using it for 3 days and I find it to have a slow shutter speed. I did come from a galaxy nexus which had a almost instant shutter speed but crappy pics.

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How slow is the shutter. I'm with you on the GNex, as it was instant. How are the pictures? I am hearing mixed reviews

Ive been using it for 3 days and I find it to have a slow shutter speed. I did come from a galaxy nexus which had a almost instant shutter speed but crappy pics.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Did you know it had two stage camera button like asked previously? Granted i would think you do seeing you own 800.

I was quite amazed back in N8 days that people where not getting it in USA press. It's been the norm on SE, Nokia and Samsung phones that have camera button for years. Best being Engadget's review where he didn't know N8 had two stage camera button. :D
Myself don't even see a point of having camera button if it's not two stage.

Last edited:

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The only people who actually want Swype are Android fans. I've been iPhone since 3G (and no smartphone before that) and I think Swype is terrible (when I've tried to use it on my mom's Android, before she ditched it forever and got an iPhone 4S).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa