Four days with my Lumia 900

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The outdoor pictures look very very good to me. The two indoor low light (not the glass one) have a lot of noise w/o flash but that's suspected from a phone camera. The glass and can picture in low light actually looks quite nice. Thank you for the pictures, I really like the results.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still uncertain as to whether tethering will be available on the Lumia 900. Nokia said that it would be available on launch day for the 900 and 610, and that an update would be sent out for the 800 and 710. Can you confirm as to whether regular LTE customers will have tethering available on the 900 or is it still reserved for those with plans that specifically offer tethering?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the video quality improved over the Lumia 800? How bout posting a quick vid if possible? Thanks for the review.

rickerwin

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 900 tethering

I'm still uncertain as to whether tethering will be available on the Lumia 900. Nokia said that it would be available on launch day for the 900 and 610, and that an update would be sent out for the 800 and 710. Can you confirm as to whether regular LTE customers will have tethering available on the 900 or is it still reserved for those with plans that specifically offer tethering?

I was in my local AT&T store today and the all the reps were given Lumia 900s this morning to start playing with them before the April 8th release. I asked about tethering and the phone does support it ... for a fee. AT&T will turn on tethering with a 5GB data plan which costs $50/mo prior to any corporate discounts.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

It's definitely available, it's called "internet sharing" in the settings menu.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally got home from school. I snapped some photos in a few different environments. Camera is good, but in limited light settings it is so-so. In low light it looks good, see the empty drink photo. In mid light, in my office, it is ok. Let me know what you think. And if anyone has any questions about the phone just let me know, I am at your disposal.

Click to view quoted image

enkaynk,

I was looking through your post you literally have almost everything that I have.. i was laughing. I even have that Rocketfish mouse pad. LOL- i was like who is this guy? he has all my stuff.

I'll be using the lumia 900 in combination with an iPad as well.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
went by the store to and this phone was nice the video was great pictures taken were great the store i went to had three reps with them funny thing is one dude was complaining because they have to carry them for 90 days he said he loved the OS and the phone but because there are no major apps like what are avail on IOS and Android that he couldn't make it his. i basically said the apps will come if this phone generates life into this OS the devs will port because more money for them.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was in my local AT&T store today and the all the reps were given Lumia 900s this morning to start playing with them before the April 8th release. I asked about tethering and the phone does support it ... for a fee. AT&T will turn on tethering with a 5GB data plan which costs $50/mo prior to any corporate discounts.

Man, those prices are RIDICULOUS!! My plan has 5gb of data included, along with 350 minutes, unlimited nationwide calling to 10 numbers and free MMS & SMS, and the WHOLE plan is $55/month. In Canada, on Bell.

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures! Really looks beautiful. Wonder if there is a way to cut a screen protector to cover the rings around the camera...I'll try it.

When/If you have some time it'd be great to get some sample photos from the camera of the 900. Good stuff though.
The $35 case for the 900 from AT&T by Case-Mate will really work well. I have one for my Verizon Trophy and have ordered one for my 900. It protects the phone perfectly (front and back). Also, the rubber allows you to put the phone anywhere and it won't slide, even on mountain curves!

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone lag, or not. People are saying the phone lags and or is non responsive to touch. Any real life experiences are appreciated.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Finally got home from school. I snapped some photos in a few different environments. Camera is good, but in limited light settings it is so-so. In low light it looks good, see the empty drink photo. In mid light, in my office, it is ok. Let me know what you think. And if anyone has any questions about the phone just let me know, I am at your disposal.

I am not so impressed with the indoor pictures. However, I am really impressed with the outdoor ones. The are scarily reallllllll.

kwickone

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI, there are at least 2 Pandora apps in the Marketplace. I use MetroRadio and it works perfect for me.

That being said, you are correct, WP is really behind on the apps, but the iPhone and Android have had a huge head start. It does bug me when a new app (e.g., Angry Birds Space) is released on those other platforms and not WP...but heck, the developers go where the biggest bang for the buck, right?

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Are those pictures you took with the lumia at full dimension? They appear much lower. Or are they that way due to a forum upload limit?

And thank you for the review, very insightful.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I played with a Lumia 800 at a Microsoft Store and there was zero lag. Not sure if thar transfers to the 900.

I also took the challenge and my Thunderbolt got totally smoked ( it better have because unlike the Android cheater I did nothing to pre-prep ). Being stuck on Verizon this allows me to get a Trophy...

come on, give us some Verizon love!!!!!

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm really not trying to offend anyone & please don't take this the wrong way OP (and everyone who's ordered this phone), but those shots look awful & it has me really worried about how well the 900 will sell here in the states (and abroad). I saw some pictures earlier on another thread that were from different sources, so I was hoping their bad quality was just a fluke. But this thread sorta confirms my fears that the camera is just not good at all.

This is all my opinion of course, but to my eye, the outdoor pictures all have that same hazy out of focus look to them with no definition. Not horrible, but just sorta "blah". And the indoor shots I've seen (including these) coming out of this camera are absolutely shameful, esp for a high end flagship phone in 2012. I've had the Focus S, the Titan (currently an iPhone 4S) & those cameras are a much MUCH higher caliber. I think even my old Focus could do better (I'm not joking).

Am I crazy? Are you guys really not seeing the quality issues here??

Again, I'm not looking for a fight, so please don't flame me. I really REALLY want this phone to succeed & am just concerned. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo