CAN NOT pre order Off Contract Price

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Try the MS store, i preorderd and i said i wanted off contract and they said ok. Only time will tell if it is really off contract pricing.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Do we even know if the MS Store is going to give us an April 6th delivery?

No, because the store i went to in Santa clara, CA didnt even know when it would release. After it was announced on Monday. Also, they said the white one would release same time too...So they probably are clueless as i stated.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
No, because the store i went to in Santa clara, CA didnt even know when it would release. After it was announced on Monday. Also, they said the white one would release same time too...So they probably are clueless as i stated.

Good times you know?

I mean... is this really how they plan on Competing in the market in the US? they need to tighten this up.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Good times you know?

I mean... is this really how they plan on Competing in the market in the US? they need to tighten this up.

the pre order has nothing to do with Nokia nor the actual phone launch. Officially the phone launches april 8th the pre order is a courtesy offered by at&t and MSstores who want to do that

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
the pre order has nothing to do with Nokia nor the actual phone launch. Officially the phone launches april 8th the pre order is a courtesy offered by at&t and MSstores who want to do that

MS reps in the Microsoft stores that are in charge of handling pre-orders should:

1) Know the details of the release
2) Know when we should expect them, doesnt have to be exact time, but a window.
3) Know the features/details of the phone

The fact the the MS reps know nothing about this phone or any of the details that was already released earlier in the week doesnt give the consumers confidence that they actually know their product. How can the store rep market the product if they know nothing and every question that you ask, they have to walk across the store to ask somebody else to find out they dont know either.

That was my experience.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
MS reps in the Microsoft stores that are in charge of handling pre-orders should:

1) Know the details of the release
2) Know when we should expect them, doesnt have to be exact time, but a window.
3) Know the features/details of the phone

The fact the the MS reps know nothing about this phone or any of the details that was already released earlier in the week doesnt give the consumers confidence that they actually know their product. How can the store rep market the product if they know nothing and every question that you ask, they have to walk across the store to ask somebody else to find out they dont know either.

That was my experience.

thats because the pre order is not a real thing! Its basically just AT&T or Microsoft stores doing it on their own. Windows phone site and microsoft site says official launch is april 8th and thats all they are trained on

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with a microsoft rep that said an email would be coming confirming the details of my Microsoft Store pre-order pickup soon, but that it would most likely be that the store would be opening early on the 8th to accommodate the pre-order pickups.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
thats because the pre order is not a real thing! Its basically just AT&T or Microsoft stores doing it on their own. Windows phone site and microsoft site says official launch is april 8th and thats all they are trained on

Wait.. how is pre ordering a product not a real thing again? I'm having trouble grasping this logic.

Employees should be 100% Educated on ALL the products they sell, and will be selling in the future.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

The point is, the reps know nothing about their product and release date and they should since it has already announced. If the site says april 8th, why does the reps not know that?

False on the training, my brother who works at ATT already had his training with Nokia on the lumia and has the phone already. The training entails how to spotlight the features. so ATT reps at least get more training on the phone as you are saying. The MS reps, logically speaking, should as well since, well, they work for Microsoft at their stores. The fact that MS reps know nothing makes them a weak marketing arm for MS/Nokia/and essentially ATT. THey want these phones out in the market? People need to know what they are talking about. SO far, ATT is doing that.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wait.. how is pre ordering a product not a real thing again? I'm having trouble grasping this logic.

Employees should be 100% Educated on ALL the products they sell, and will be selling in the future.

ok i will say this real slow.Its not the official launch neither is the pre order everywhere. all the articles and customer service reps always say participating stores, which means its not an actual pre launch. AT&T reps in CSR will tell you there is no pre order, AT&T website no pre order, microsoft main sites for windows phone do not have a pre order. So the pre order is not part of the national launch. It is a store by store basis and if they choose too offer it, do you follow that logic?

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The point is, the reps know nothing about their product and release date and they should since it has already announced. If the site says april 8th, why does the reps not know that?

False on the training, my brother who works at ATT already had his training with Nokia on the lumia and has the phone already. The training entails how to spotlight the features. so ATT reps at least get more training on the phone as you are saying. The MS reps, logically speaking, should as well since, well, they work for Microsoft at their stores. The fact that MS reps know nothing makes them a weak marketing arm for MS/Nokia/and essentially ATT. THey want these phones out in the market? People need to know what they are talking about. SO far, ATT is doing that.

for one thats not all MS reps just because iPhonemilk encountered a person who wasnt knowledgeable it doesnt automatically mean all are that way. That person could have been new we do not know

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
for one thats not all MS reps just because iPhonemilk encountered a person who wasnt knowledgeable it doesnt automatically mean all are that way. That person could have been new we do not know

My opinion not based on iPhonemilk's experience. It is based on my experience On Wednesday.

I walk in and asked the greeter about preorder and they said yes they can, i asked that do you know release date? colors, features? Couldnt tell me. He directed me to the chick that was handling preorders.

I ask her the same, she say she is not sure, ill ask, she goes to some guy i believe might of been one of the senior people and he said, nothing was announced, nobody knows, until they announce, they have no clue. The announcement came on Monday, but i didnt say anything.

So i proceed with the preorder and ask when is the white one coming in, the girl again says, not sure, ill go ask, she goes and asked another person and he said not sure, probably same time as the other phones. He was only assuming at this point.

So in my experience within a 5 minute span, 4 people knew nothing about the phone or all the details that was announced. So all of them must be new, who knows. To cap that off, i asked her how will i know when to come pick up? She says they will call me, i said you never took my number so how can you call me? So i said you could email me since i gave you that, she said, hold on let me go ask. She came back and said they would email me.

Luckily for them, i can give a poo about my in-store experience, i dont care if i get treated poorly, i know what i want and i order it. At the same time, if MS wants to get this phone out there, they need people that are knowledgeable.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My opinion not based on iPhonemilk's experience. It is based on my experience On Wednesday.

I walk in and asked the greeter about preorder and they said yes they can, i asked that do you know release date? colors, features? Couldnt tell me. He directed me to the chick that was handling preorders.

I ask her the same, she say she is not sure, ill ask, she goes to some guy i believe might of been one of the senior people and he said, nothing was announced, nobody knows, until they announce, they have no clue. The announcement came on Monday, but i didnt say anything.

So i proceed with the preorder and ask when is the white one coming in, the girl again says, not sure, ill go ask, she goes and asked another person and he said not sure, probably same time as the other phones. He was only assuming at this point.

So in my experience within a 5 minute span, 4 people knew nothing about the phone or all the details that was announced. So all of them must be new, who knows. To cap that off, i asked her how will i know when to come pick up? She says they will call me, i said you never took my number so how can you call me? So i said you could email me since i gave you that, she said, hold on let me go ask. She came back and said they would email me.

Luckily for them, i can give a poo about my in-store experience, i dont care if i get treated poorly, i know what i want and i order it. At the same time, if MS wants to get this phone out there, they need people that are knowledgeable.

well thats a pretty incompetent store and maybe you should contact microsoft, I'm sure that would be unacceptable to them

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to go to ANY carrier store and have a single employee tell me anything helpful..be it AT&T Sprint Verizon or T-Mobile. I always know more about the devices they sell. I bought a BB 9810 and told the girl it doesn't act as a WiFi hotspot since it's only available on 7.1 and the 9810 is officially on 7.0...she said yes it does....I bought it anyway and said "Oh Ok..I didn't know that" ...I simply updated it to an unofficial 7.1 later.

It is always the case for me and I expect most of us on these forums because mobile devices are almost a hobby for many of us.

I no longer ask any of the employees any question that I don't already know the answer to.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
PS at&t.com is allowing off contract pricing if you don't have an upgrade

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
How can you get it off contract on Att.com? I tried but I cant find any option. It only allows me the option to buy for the 99 dollars with a new 2 year contract. I cant find any way to buy off contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb