AT&T Rep + Experience w/ WP7 + Lumia 900

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellow WP lovers. I got my Lumia 900 about a week ago and I thought I would share my experience. I've been a fan of WP since the beginning and I even have a Lumia 800 to compare it to.

First, the phone feels great in hand. The polycarbonate body isn't the most grippable material material on earth but I have not dropped it so far and its not that bad. (For what it's worth I just read that our company will be selling the Nokia cases to complement the phone for $20, and bumpers as well.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous. It's on par with the SAMOLED+ screens that Samsung has. Colors are rich, blacks are deep and the screen is very accurate. The only thing I do not like is that the drag response time is not as tight as it could be. If you compare an HTC Titan with a Samsung Focus S and while on the homescreen you flick your finger back and forth about an inch the Focus stays with you the whole time. The screen responsiveness is very tight. The Titan on the other hand does not follow your finger as accurately. You have to try it to see what I'm talking about it the Lumia is the same way. This isn't a dealbreaker by any means though.

LTE is sick though. At a training I took in an LTE zone a few days ago it was awesome. 'Bandwidth' the speed test app hit about 10mb/s but that was only because I don't think it scaled the test up high enough. It didn't use a large enough file to get a good enough sense of the true speed. Either way it was cool. Loading up a YouTube video on the mobile site required zero buffer.

My favorite thing by far is the battery life. I'm absolutely blown away at how long it lasts. I'm not in an LTE area but I easily get a day on it, actively using it by the way. One of my coworkers new to WP actually pushed 30 hours on it. I'm not gonna sell the phone with a 30 hour battery life but it will be a major selling point of mine. It's by far the best battery I've experienced on a smartphone.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions on the phone. I know my way around the OS so don't be afraid to get a little technical. Happy WP'ing!

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Same boat lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Agreed. Wish I was an AT&T rep so I could write you guys a really long and specific review. Seems like a lot of people who have been writing impressions are new to the operating system and much of the impressions are on the software itself. Good review though from OP. From what people have remarked about the hardware it's hard to tell how good the device is. From major complains to complete elation hard to put a finger on this one. Buying it anyway.

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellow WP lovers. I got my Lumia 900 about a week ago and I thought I would share my experience. I've been a fan of WP since the beginning and I even have a Lumia 800 to compare it to.

First, the phone feels great in hand. The polycarbonate body isn't the most grippable material material on earth but I have not dropped it so far and its not that bad. (For what it's worth I just read that our company will be selling the Nokia cases to complement the phone for $20, and bumpers as well.

The screen is absolutely gorgeous. It's on par with the SAMOLED+ screens that Samsung has. Colors are rich, blacks are deep and the screen is very accurate. The only thing I do not like is that the drag response time is not as tight as it could be. If you compare an HTC Titan with a Samsung Focus S and while on the homescreen you flick your finger back and forth about an inch the Focus stays with you the whole time. The screen responsiveness is very tight. The Titan on the other hand does not follow your finger as accurately. You have to try it to see what I'm talking about it the Lumia is the same way. This isn't a dealbreaker by any means though.

LTE is sick though. At a training I took in an LTE zone a few days ago it was awesome. 'Bandwidth' the speed test app hit about 10mb/s but that was only because I don't think it scaled the test up high enough. It didn't use a large enough file to get a good enough sense of the true speed. Either way it was cool. Loading up a YouTube video on the mobile site required zero buffer.

My favorite thing by far is the battery life. I'm absolutely blown away at how long it lasts. I'm not in an LTE area but I easily get a day on it, actively using it by the way. One of my coworkers new to WP actually pushed 30 hours on it. I'm not gonna sell the phone with a 30 hour battery life but it will be a major selling point of mine. It's by far the best battery I've experienced on a smartphone.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions on the phone. I know my way around the OS so don't be afraid to get a little technical. Happy WP'ing!
Did you notice the same drag response on the Lumia 800? Do you think the sensitivity is related to software or the hardware of the screen itself? I too noticed this effect when testing it out.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting since the Lumia 800 was announced. I've been sitting on an upgrade since November! I'm so glad the Lumia 900 turned out to be everything I was hoping for, and then some! (I was not expecting LTE, so that's a great bonus).

This is going to be a VERY long week...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there any option to turn the LTE radio off? On my HD7 I can set the highest possible data speed from my cellular settings. (3g, Edge etc) Did they omit this option from the 8112 build the 900 is running for some reason?

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Well then why is it being released on April 8th? I thought we waited long enough for them to have gotten rid of all the bugs.
As long as these updates are effective, I don't want to be owning a phone that feels incomplete.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well then why is it being released on April 8th? I thought we waited long enough for them to have gotten rid of all the bugs.
As long as these updates are effective, I don't want to be owning a phone that feels incomplete.

The phone feels complete my man. The updates are gonna be little bug fixes till Apollo arrives. Even iOS has bug updates

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I preordered mine and sold my galaxy nexus can't wait to get back to windows phone i see the apps are still needing love but oh well most of them are distractions and do the samething anyway can't wait to get that nokia lumia 900 by the way on the att site where i preordered i notice it did not indicate that this bad boy had wifi capability but i did the chat deal and the rep confirmed it does have wifi but i would like to hear it from the guys who have been carrying them around can you answer does it have wifi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro