AT&T Rep + Experience w/ WP7 + Lumia 900

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Open table is on WP7 as well, as is Pulse news (simply called pulse). There's also a 3rd party app for Box that works pretty well.

Did you search for these apps or just assume they weren't there? :straight:

Microsoft needs to continue marketing MetroRadio and the weirdly named Radio Controlled as Pandora players. These apps have been out for months.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting info on the Lumia 900.

I originally had the Focus, & while I thought Win7 was interesting & artistic, it didn't have the app support in the beginning. So I took it back to the AT&T store & picked up the HTC Inspire 4G.

I've since sold the Inspire 4G & have been using a buddy's iPhone 3GS. It's a nice little phone and the apps are cool, however I wouldn't mind trying a Windows phone again. Btw, the battery life that Apple is always saying is so great? Ya, it sucks on the 3GS. I can't believe Apple users make fun of Android phones.

In any case, I'm interested in the Lumia 900 & the Windows platform again, however my issue is still the lack of apps. I checked Zune & apps like Waze, which I LOVE on Android/iOS, isn't available.

Here are a few other apps I'd miss out on:
> Draw Something
> Words With Friends
> Box
> Angry Birds Space (I've read its on the way)
> Pandora (Really?)
> Paypal (1st party app)
> Pulse News (great app on Android/iOS)
> Open Table
> Weather Underground
> Raindar (iOS doesn't have this either - awesome app on Android)

I knew these apps might eventually be on the way but it's discouraging to thing great apps aren't included in the Windows marketplace even after all this time.

Anyone else have this issue?

Honestly I feel like you just went out and found a list of high profile apps WP is missing and posted it - regardless of if you use them or not.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh and PS it picked up the LTE because the radio has that frequency available and set as priority. So if LTE is available that gets priority over hspa+ and then 3G. All the same radio just different frequencies.

From the Nokia USA website:
GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA Band V 850
WCDMA Band VIII 900
WCDMA Band II 1900
LTE Band 17 (700)
LTE Band 4 (1700/2100)

LTE doesn't share any frequencies with GSM or WCDMA radios, thus they operate on different wavelengths. You are correct with your assesment that EDGE/3G/HSPA+ uses the same radio frequencies but there is no correlation between the GSM/WCDMA bands and LTE bands. AT&T plans to sunset their 2G/EDGE network to make more room for 3G/HSPA+ bands.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Even though half of those apps AREN'T missing.... And the weatherbug app was just updated today...

what is hurting us now is word of mouth. When I had Android all my friends would d/l an app and recommend it to all of us. Now I am the only one with WP and I get my recommendations online. Most people buy a phone and that's it. Very few are like us with a passion for our phones

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
From the Nokia USA website:
GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
WCDMA Band V 850
WCDMA Band VIII 900
WCDMA Band II 1900
LTE Band 17 (700)
LTE Band 4 (1700/2100)

LTE doesn't share any frequencies with GSM or WCDMA radios, thus they operate on different wavelengths. You are correct with your assesment that EDGE/3G/HSPA+ uses the same radio frequencies but there is no correlation between the GSM/WCDMA bands and LTE bands. AT&T plans to sunset their 2G/EDGE network to make more room for 3G/HSPA+ bands.

I heard the 2G/edge sunset was for additional LTE because of the spectrum shortage

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, (angellbemba@yahoo.com) My name is Miss Angel , I saw your profile today and became interested in learning more about you Please, I want you send mail to my e-mail address (angellbemba/@/yahoo/./c/o/m), so I can give you my picture and tell you more about me, your angel I wish you best have a good day thanks to your Angel
is this the rumored Lumia 910?

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
what is hurting us now is word of mouth. When I had Android all my friends would d/l an app and recommend it to all of us. Now I am the only one with WP and I get my recommendations online. Most people buy a phone and that's it. Very few are like us with a passion for our phones

I learned about Wordament on Wpcentral. It's pretty cool, I recommended to everyone, wish there was a paid version with no ads and skip button.
I think is better than iOS' Boggle, it's not cartoonish and shaking the device is not cool for me.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I learned about Wordament on Wpcentral. It's pretty cool, I recommended to everyone, wish there was a paid version with no ads and skip button.
I think is better than iOS' Boggle, it's not cartoonish and shaking the device is not cool for me.

What would the skip button do?

My wife plays "Scrabble with Friends" on her iPhone. Might be "Scramble with Friends"...anyway, it is just like Wordament just that you start your round whenever you want and go head to head against someone else for 3 rounds instead of joining a huge pool of people around the world. When she was in her height of playing, she thought Wordament was much cooler as it didn't limit you like her's did...but her's was much more refined / not metro which she liked (neat little sounds and animations)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett