Rogers pre-order

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Well the Roger's pre-order is now officially up. (They posted a while back, and then pulled the page.)

Redirect to the right page

It's the oddest pre-order I've seen. There is no price listed for existing customers, and no hint of when it will be available. But they require a $40 deposit.

So I'm going to give you $40 to pre-order a device with unknown cost and unknown ship date? Really?

Also, they appear to have only black. Boo.

rgrdovic

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Well the Roger's pre-order is now officially up. (They posted a while back, and then pulled the page.)

Redirect to the right page

It's the oddest pre-order I've seen. There is no price listed for existing customers, and no hint of when it will be available. But they require a $40 deposit.

So I'm going to give you $40 to pre-order a device with unknown cost and unknown ship date? Really?

Also, they appear to have only black. Boo.
I was going to ask... Is there no possibility of Cyan?
I really, really do not want another black phone. I want something with pop, I wanna show off my WP7 and get people to flip over.

Nothing better that I love than a convert :p

ttop

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I sent WP central an email about the lack of 900 pre-order lover for Canadians. No reply.

I've been trying to pre-order since the website went live, but have been trying to jump through hoops to do so. I was with Telus, and wanted to port over to rogers at the time of pre-order, but was given the runaround from any location I went, as well as on the phone. Basically I had to port in using a month to month contract, but the month to month contract apparently doesnt allow you to sign a 3 year and get a promotional phone until you have been a month to month customer for 6 months. The suggested solution by one of the stores was to port over to Fido first, as they only had a 3 month wait period.

Anyway, in the end, I was able to port over, and was assured I could preorder the 900 as soon as I did so. I have my doubts, but we'll see what happens when I get the Bills here!

Anyway, I went through the preorder process, and let WPcentral know that there was no option to pick color. I didn't notice no ship date, just assumed it was going to be 8th or 9th latest, as that is what a number of reps told me over the phone. They also give you a "Position #" after completeing the "reservation") I snagged # 250 apparently. Also to note, there was no shipping option. You had to pick a store you wanted to pick up at.

So we'll see what happens here, but so far Rogers seems clueless about this launch for the most part.

Personally I'd like confirmation that only black is going to be available, and if cyan ever will be. Would also like to see some better pricing now that states side you can get this thing practically for free.

Also the $40 apparently is credited back to you once you pick up the phone or cancel the reservation.

Has anyone else here pre-ordered?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes