Oh Lumia, Oh Lumia

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
When will you be mine!!! I was at my local AT&T store today and asked if by chance one of the employees had a Lumia 900 I could play with...

7944f764745621e6.jpg

I spent about 10 minutes comparing it to my Titan and I must say I am really impressed. First, the chassis is absolutely fantastic. It feels great in the hand, like a premium device should. However, let me say that it didn't feel better than my Titan, just different, in the sense that you can tell right away that it's quality material. The polycarbonate chassis gives a different type of feel than the metal casing of the Titan, but I didn't think it completely blew the Titan out of the water. They both feel good to hold, like holding an iPhone 4.

When it comes to screen quality, no contest, the Lumia 900 wins hands down. The SLCD of the Titan is really nice but can't compare to the Clearblack AMOLED display of the 900. The colors are vibrant and gorgeous. Going a bit further, there's something about the actual glass that makes the 900 a treat to touch. I've never felt a screen that good. Hands down the best screen I've ever physically touched. Also, even at 4.3 inches, the screen still felt large next to the Titan.

The 900 is much heavier than I thought it was going to be, not that it's going to break your wrist, but there is a noticeable weight difference in comparison to the Titan. I didn't compare the cameras, didn't see much of a reason to considering the lighting condition. Overall, I think the 900 is a phone any Windows Phone fan can be proud of. The hardware is great, Nokia will have some great apps, and the OS just keeps getting better.

And on a final note: the worst part of it all were the Samsung Focus Flash and S that were on display right next to me. They both had horrendous burn-in. Granted the problem is with the tech and not the OS and burn-in is unlikely to occur under regular use - a broken screen is still a major turn off for most consumers. Worst yet, the uninformed consumer might assume that burn-in is a problem with all Windows Phone.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I coudn't agree more about the burn-in on display models. I really wish MS would have worked up some demo mode that demo models default to after 30 seconds of idle time. I've seen display models with burn-in as well and it looks so bad. If I was an uninformed consumer I would assume it was a problem with the model, and probably look elsewhere.

KustomAU

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was at my local Telstra shop here in Sydney, Australia and the Omnia W I played with (next to a Lumia 800) also had really bad burn in. Granted that these phones sit switched on all day and the screens are constantly lit up and often go for hours on end without being touched.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
For burn in to occur you have to seriously have the screen on always and never let it sleep with the same image constantly. Definitely not happening for average user

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro