I have only ever pre-ordered phones from Amazon before, and I know they don't charge your card until the item ships. But, Amazon wants $120 for an upgrade for the 900, so I won't be going that route. Does anyone know when AT&T charges your card? Is it at the time you pre-order or when your phone ships? What about Wal-Mart?
    03-31-2012 12:07 AM
    Pre-orders with Amazon are billed when the item goes in the box and gets shipped, not before.
    03-31-2012 12:13 AM
    Pre-orders with Amazon are billed when the item goes in the box and gets shipped, not before.
    I know that, my question was about AT&T and WalMart. I found the answer though. Both bill you when the item ships, just like Amazon.
    03-31-2012 12:30 AM
    I know that, my question was about AT&T and WalMart. I found the answer though. Both bill you when the item ships, just like Amazon.
    It has already been removed from my card.
    03-31-2012 04:26 PM
    it should be when the order ships, but if you use a debit card, they may place a hold on the amount that will go away in a couple days, or it being so close to shipping next week, may just go through.

generally though, most companies won't charge your card until they've shipped your product.
    03-31-2012 05:13 PM
    AT&T charges when it is shipped. When you get the email with the tracking number, your card has been charged.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    03-31-2012 08:40 PM
    I just pre-ordered through AT&T's webstie. I used a debit card.
    I was charged $1.00 three times, then $99.99 after that at the time I submitted the order.

Im wondering if that is a hold on the money and will drop off or what? Because all i have left in my bank account is 80 bucks. I dont want them to try and process the full amount later and have it declined due to not enough funds then have the ordere canceled.
    04-01-2012 10:55 PM
    Pre-ordered in-store (AT&T Corporate Store) today and re-upped my contract and paid for the Lumia at the same time. Pick up later this week.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-01-2012 11:52 PM
    My account shows that there is a hold on the money, but the money hasn't actually left my account.
    04-02-2012 01:46 AM
    That is an 'merchant hold' and it can stay there up to 4 days. If the merchant does actually request the money by then the hold comes off the card and the charge disappears.
    04-02-2012 02:53 AM
    I have only ever pre-ordered phones from Amazon before, and I know they don't charge your card until the item ships. But, Amazon wants $120 for an upgrade for the 900, so I won't be going that route. Does anyone know when AT&T charges your card? Is it at the time you pre-order or when your phone ships? What about Wal-Mart?
    I pre ordered yesterday and haven't been charged yet. But AT&T usually debts when it ships.
    04-03-2012 12:33 PM
    I ordered mine yesterday, I have a cc charge in my bank account for the amount, but the charge itself is still in the "processing" state. Interesting, I haven't recieved any email about the order, but I can look up the order on AT&T's website, and it's "pending" so I'm not worried.
    04-03-2012 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD