04-09-2012 11:11 AM
53 123
tools
    Settings, phone update, uncheck use my cellular data. Mine is flyiiiiing now on WiFi. It would crawl/no connect from time to time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-06-2012 12:10 AM
    Nothing seems to work for me, i have tried all suggestions and nothing seems to work.....any other suggestions?
    Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help.
    04-07-2012 08:25 PM
    I can't find any network setup app for the 900 anywhere on the marketplace. I did find one through a link but it tells me it is not available for the Lumia 900.

04-07-2012 08:47 PM
    I'm not an AT&T employee, but my review unit just started doing the same thing. Suddenly no cellular data. My other AT&T LTE phones work fine, so it's not a network issue. Calling works and WiFi works but no more cellular data. Tried pulling the SIM card, rebooting and toggling flight mode.
    04-07-2012 09:16 PM
    This is becomming ridiculous ...I had to factory reset 5 hours ago to get my data connection back...now the data is gone again but it shows full bars. My confidence in Nokia is plummeting fast. :mad:

Using an adapter I just put my micro sim from my lumia into my Galaxy Skyrocket.....4G is speeding right along without a hitch...so the sim is fine. The problem is the Lumia 900.
    Last edited by gaiking; 04-07-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    04-07-2012 09:22 PM
    Since I'd already tried rebooting and removing and reinserting the SIM, I can't believe that fixes the problem. But I took the Nokia SIM out and put it in my Skyrocket (I have a micro SIM to SIM card adapter) and the SIM worked fine in the Skyrocket. I then put the SIM back in the Nokia and the Nokia once again had cellular data. That makes it seem like an AT&T provisioned bug with Lumia 900 IMEIs maybe?
    04-07-2012 09:43 PM
    my data stopped working all of a sudden this morning for about 20 minutes, after about 3 reboots my data came back. I thought it was only an issue on my end now I see I'm not alone.
    04-07-2012 09:50 PM
    ]Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help. Everyone please try

04-07-2012 09:52 PM
    The SIM card tray was inserted properly and wasn't moved or changed when data suddenly stopped working. I don't think that's the issue.

]Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help. Everyone please try

04-07-2012 09:56 PM
    Well, I factory reset the phone 6 times in a row...with and without the simcard in place. I then tried my sim in my wife's unactivated Lumia 900 and I had data. I then put my sim back in my Lumia and have data again. I checked my AT&T account and under the wireless account options it shows a little picture of your phone...The Lumia 900 is not available to choose, as if it doesn't exist yet. The picture for my phone is my previous BB 9810.....perhaps this is some kind of AT&T issue more so than a Nokia issue. We'll see.

I'd hate to see this launch go down in flames because of a problem like this.
    04-07-2012 10:29 PM
    I had data without an issue for about 20 minutes...I tested a theory and shut down and restarted my Lumia 900...and of course...data connection is again dead. I may have a faulty device....back to AT&T on Monday......maybe the Titan 2 will work. If not I'll be stuck with Android.
    04-07-2012 10:51 PM
    Well, I factory reset the phone 6 times in a row...with and without the simcard in place. I then tried my sim in my wife's unactivated Lumia 900 and I had data. I then put my sim back in my Lumia and have data again. I checked my AT&T account and under the wireless account options it shows a little picture of your phone...The Lumia 900 is not available to choose, as if it doesn't exist yet. The picture for my phone is my previous BB 9810.....perhaps this is some kind of AT&T issue more so than a Nokia issue. We'll see.

I'd hate to see this launch go down in flames because of a problem like this.
    Yea I agree could be something with AT&T not Nokia. Since it's not launched yet. On launched day I think AT&T would've sorted out the problem. I think Nokia is making an update since Nokia delivers updates fast. Epspecially on special phones
    04-07-2012 11:07 PM
    The SIM card tray was inserted properly and wasn't moved or changed when data suddenly stopped working. I don't think that's the issue.
    I'm talking about the try it self. Like I said the tray has a sliding mechanism and as soon as I slide the tray up against the plastic and inserted back in the phone with a restart it was up and going. Haven't had an issue since.

04-07-2012 11:17 PM
    I'm talking about the try it self. Like I said the tray has a sliding mechanism and as soon as I slide the tray up against the plastic and inserted back in the phone with a restart it was up and going. Haven't had an issue since.

I tried that...didn't work unfortunately.
    04-07-2012 11:19 PM
    Yea I agree could be something with AT&T not Nokia. Since it's not launched yet. On launched day I think AT&T would've sorted out the problem. I think Nokia is making an update since Nokia delivers updates fast. Especially on special phones
    Let's face it, it seems a little odd that a bunch of 900's would have a bug that is causing this. It sounds like an issue with activation. It's possible that they were all activated in some temporary manner, with permanent activation on launch date. If it's happening in a week, I'll believe it's a fault with the hardware, but I REALLY doubt it's the phone.
    04-07-2012 11:20 PM
    I had data without an issue for about 20 minutes...I tested a theory and shut down and restarted my Lumia 900...and of course...data connection is again dead. I may have a faulty device....back to AT&T on Monday......maybe the Titan 2 will work. If not I'll be stuck with Android.
    Don't go back to Android :) Have some patience and give them a few days to clear this up, the reality is that the phones were shipped earlier than the launch. My feeling is that the part of AT&T that shipped your phone early is not talking to the other part that is refusing to let stores sell stock until Monday ... and likely causing this issue.
    04-07-2012 11:23 PM
    I think I mentioned this in the other thread. I was told at the store it was some sort of backend issue with phones not being provisioned completely or something. Its almost like the network doesn't really recognize some of the phones...It seems like it all started happening for everyone today. Some people are getting lucky and hard resets might be momentarily tricking the system, but then they lose the connection again.

It seems HIGHLY unlikely that QC would miss a problem this far reaching. I was told if it persists till Monday to come back in. For now I just use WiFi, kind of sucks, but the phone hasn't officially launched yet, so its possible there is some issue on the backend.
    04-07-2012 11:26 PM
    I tried that...didn't work unfortunately.
    I must of just got lucky or something had data access as soon as I did that. Didn't do anything else. Hopefully they get this sorted out asap.

04-07-2012 11:28 PM
    it ATT people! Same thing happened to me when I got the HTC Titan...i unlocked my titan and put t-mobile SIM in and it worked....most likely will work better after launch day
    04-07-2012 11:30 PM
    Don't go back to Android :) Have some patience and give them a few days to clear this up, the reality is that the phones were shipped earlier than the launch. My feeling is that the part of AT&T that shipped your phone early is not talking to the other part that is refusing to let stores sell stock until Monday ... and likely causing this issue.
    I am slowly walking back from the edge now...no Android for me.

I looked up this issue with new iPhones and it appears that they too have suffered from the problem of sim cards getting data through other phones but not the iPhone and then the issue mysteriously went away. ...It seems more and more likely that this IS an AT&T glitch and not hardware.
    04-07-2012 11:32 PM
    Guys it's gonna be a AT&T issue. Don't give up ur new phone. Wait for at&t to handle this.
    04-07-2012 11:58 PM
    i have faced this issue. i was talkin some video and i left the camera software open and locked the phone. when i tried to go back the phone would not unlock or turn on. i had to connect to the charger and then it turned on, the battery was half full when it turnedon. i don't remember if my data problem started before that, but i did have it afterwards. called att, guy sent an "update" and now it works.
    04-09-2012 12:48 AM
    ... guy sent an "update" and now it works.
    They sent you an update? What's the build number?

To chime in, I haven't had any problems with my data.
    04-09-2012 04:45 AM
    Hi everyone,

where do you find the "network setup" app? I am unable to see it anywhere, also not in the Nokia collection. Is this app for ATT employees only?

Thanks, MCheiron
    04-09-2012 09:51 AM
    Hi everyone,

where do you find the "network setup" app? I am unable to see it anywhere, also not in the Nokia collection. Is this app for ATT employees only?

Thanks, MCheiron
    Im wondering the same thing, although i havent had any data problems. Odd thing: Both "Network Setup" and "Nokia Music" do not show up in the Nokia Collections section of the market place.
    04-09-2012 10:23 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD