ATT Reps: Cellular Data issue for current lumia owners

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question for you.

I've had my lumia for just about a week now, and while everything is provisioned for my phone correctly, after a day or two of use, my cellular data just stops working. I have to actually hard reset the phone to get it to work again. Anybody else have this issue? And if so, how did you go about fixing it? Is it something that i'm going to have to do internally or is there something that I can do on the phone (example: adding an actual APN settings manually etc etc).

WIFI continues to work after this happens, but if I try to do anything while connected to the cell network, nothing will load on the phone that uses internet. I don't want to have to factory reset the device every 2 days for the next few months that we're required to use this.

On the bright side, i'm starting to like some of the aspects of Windows phone. Still missing my Android, but that's another story.

Last edited:

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question for you.

I've had my lumia for just about a week now, and while everything is provisioned for my phone correctly, after a day or two of use, my cellular data just stops working. I have to actually hard reset the phone to get it to work again. Anybody else have this issue? And if so, how did you go about fixing it? Is it something that i'm going to have to do internally or is there something that I can do on the phone (example: adding an actual APN settings manually etc etc).

WIFI continues to work after this happens, but if I try to do anything while connected to the cell network, nothing will load on the phone that uses internet. I don't want to have to factory reset the device every 2 days for the next few months that we're required to use this.

On the bright side, i'm starting to like some of the aspects of Windows phone. Still missing my Android, but that's another story.

you have to download the network setup from the marketplace to resolve your data issue

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
you have to download the network setup from the marketplace to resolve your data issue

What's the exact name of the app or a link to it on the market place? searching "network setup" isn't working for me.

Edit: nevermind - found it under nokia haha

jbrandonf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I'm having this problem and a hard reset does work but it loses all your tabs! I'll check out the network setup fix though. This was buggin the **** out of me. Thanks.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
AndreaCristano, it doesn't work like that. If COU devices are defective, they have to go through warranty. Warranty doesn't have any yet. You cant just order any device without at least 3 levels of management approving it, and the Titan and II and not available to order.

He is going to have to have to follow the procedure on the sheets that came with the blue Lumia that every store got for exchange.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is wrong with the phone. ATT updated their system and you have to call to get the imei registered and they need to put it in the system. I wasn't getting any data, I called and it was working in a few minutes. It worked for the first two days then this morning data was gone.

kwilliams0509

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is wrong with the phone. ATT updated their system and you have to call to get the imei registered and they need to put it in the system. I wasn't getting any data, I called and it was working in a few minutes. It worked for the first two days then this morning data was gone.

who did you actually call? i have submitted several sim/imei change requests through COU and still nothing

Last edited:

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened when my wife got her Focus S after swapping out an original Focus a few weeks ago, so I don't think it's limited to the 900 either. A rep had to move the IMEI again (which made it work again, of course) for some reason. She went into the local AT&T store to get it done.

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive had to register my different phones numerous times and they have never sent me to the website. I would call again and if it happens ask to speak to tech support.

Regular customer care doesn't have access to COU lines though, do they? I thought that only went through the COU website team.....

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Regular customer care doesn't have access to COU lines though, do they? I thought that only went through the COU website team.....

I have no idea what cou means. I dialed 611 and heard prompts. I get impatient and hit the 0 button and the person who answered fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb