ATT Reps: Cellular Data issue for current lumia owners

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what cou means. I dialed 611 and heard prompts. I get impatient and hit the 0 button and the person who answered fixed it.

The few of us who are talking about this issue are AT&T reps that have the Lumia 900 on company lines.... so we can't follow the customer service route to manage our devices, we have other channels we have to go through.

doejoe007

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
lol it's not that easy - they're called seeding devices.... they're assigned to us - limited stock/quantities.
Check your firmware / SW version.

A lot of seeded devices go out with older builds, ask your rep (Nokia rep) on details on how to bring it to production.

criterionmind

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Ditto...

Another AT&T employee here. My Lumia 900 worked for a couple days, now the network data isn't working. It sounds like the same issue a few other people have been experiencing, but even a full factory reset doesn't fix the problem. I've also gone back and forth with the settings in the Nokia Network Setup app. I carefully placed the micro-SIM back into my Focus S and network data worked just fine, so I know it's not the network or my SIM.

A friend of mine works on the WP7 team and is having someone from MS call me tomorrow. I'm also planning on calling our Nokia rep to see if he knows anything. I'll check back here after work tomorrow and post any additional info if I learn anything.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Another AT&T employee here. My Lumia 900 worked for a couple days, now the network data isn't working. It sounds like the same issue a few other people have been experiencing, but even a full factory reset doesn't fix the problem. I've also gone back and forth with the settings in the Nokia Network Setup app. I carefully placed the micro-SIM back into my Focus S and network data worked just fine, so I know it's not the network or my SIM.

A friend of mine works on the WP7 team and is having someone from MS call me tomorrow. I'm also planning on calling our Nokia rep to see if he knows anything. I'll check back here after work tomorrow and post any additional info if I learn anything.

that doesnt prove anything as the Focus S and 900 are on 2 different networks. ATT told me it may be due to the fact that it is not out officially yet...Not sure how much i believe them though

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by criterionmind View Post

If you can, put a ticket in with your service steward. We did, and our service steward is having the COU team exchange our devices. All of us in my store are having the issue.

dangish

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Settings, phone update, uncheck use my cellular data. Mine is flyiiiiing now on WiFi. It would crawl/no connect from time to time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Bgrubb

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing seems to work for me, i have tried all suggestions and nothing seems to work.....any other suggestions?

Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't find any network setup app for the 900 anywhere on the marketplace. I did find one through a link but it tells me it is not available for the Lumia 900.

pdagal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an AT&T employee, but my review unit just started doing the same thing. Suddenly no cellular data. My other AT&T LTE phones work fine, so it's not a network issue. Calling works and WiFi works but no more cellular data. Tried pulling the SIM card, rebooting and toggling flight mode.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is becomming ridiculous ...I had to factory reset 5 hours ago to get my data connection back...now the data is gone again but it shows full bars. My confidence in Nokia is plummeting fast. :mad:

Using an adapter I just put my micro sim from my lumia into my Galaxy Skyrocket.....4G is speeding right along without a hitch...so the sim is fine. The problem is the Lumia 900.

Last edited:

pdagal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I'd already tried rebooting and removing and reinserting the SIM, I can't believe that fixes the problem. But I took the Nokia SIM out and put it in my Skyrocket (I have a micro SIM to SIM card adapter) and the SIM worked fine in the Skyrocket. I then put the SIM back in the Nokia and the Nokia once again had cellular data. That makes it seem like an AT&T provisioned bug with Lumia 900 IMEIs maybe?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
my data stopped working all of a sudden this morning for about 20 minutes, after about 3 reboots my data came back. I thought it was only an issue on my end now I see I'm not alone.

Bgrubb

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
]Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help. Everyone please try

pdagal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The SIM card tray was inserted properly and wasn't moved or changed when data suddenly stopped working. I don't think that's the issue.

]Open the sim card tray and make sure the metal holder is touching the plastic at the top. I notice that Nokia has a hinge on the sim tray and if not properly put back you could have data issues. Please let me know if that help. Everyone please try

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I factory reset the phone 6 times in a row...with and without the simcard in place. I then tried my sim in my wife's unactivated Lumia 900 and I had data. I then put my sim back in my Lumia and have data again. I checked my AT&T account and under the wireless account options it shows a little picture of your phone...The Lumia 900 is not available to choose, as if it doesn't exist yet. The picture for my phone is my previous BB 9810.....perhaps this is some kind of AT&T issue more so than a Nokia issue. We'll see.

I'd hate to see this launch go down in flames because of a problem like this.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had data without an issue for about 20 minutes...I tested a theory and shut down and restarted my Lumia 900...and of course...data connection is again dead. I may have a faulty device....back to AT&T on Monday......maybe the Titan 2 will work. If not I'll be stuck with Android.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, I factory reset the phone 6 times in a row...with and without the simcard in place. I then tried my sim in my wife's unactivated Lumia 900 and I had data. I then put my sim back in my Lumia and have data again. I checked my AT&T account and under the wireless account options it shows a little picture of your phone...The Lumia 900 is not available to choose, as if it doesn't exist yet. The picture for my phone is my previous BB 9810.....perhaps this is some kind of AT&T issue more so than a Nokia issue. We'll see.

I'd hate to see this launch go down in flames because of a problem like this.
Yea I agree could be something with AT&T not Nokia. Since it's not launched yet. On launched day I think AT&T would've sorted out the problem. I think Nokia is making an update since Nokia delivers updates fast. Epspecially on special phones

Bgrubb

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The SIM card tray was inserted properly and wasn't moved or changed when data suddenly stopped working. I don't think that's the issue.

I'm talking about the try it self. Like I said the tray has a sliding mechanism and as soon as I slide the tray up against the plastic and inserted back in the phone with a restart it was up and going. Haven't had an issue since.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about the try it self. Like I said the tray has a sliding mechanism and as soon as I slide the tray up against the plastic and inserted back in the phone with a restart it was up and going. Haven't had an issue since.

I tried that...didn't work unfortunately.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea I agree could be something with AT&T not Nokia. Since it's not launched yet. On launched day I think AT&T would've sorted out the problem. I think Nokia is making an update since Nokia delivers updates fast. Especially on special phones

Let's face it, it seems a little odd that a bunch of 900's would have a bug that is causing this. It sounds like an issue with activation. It's possible that they were all activated in some temporary manner, with permanent activation on launch date. If it's happening in a week, I'll believe it's a fault with the hardware, but I REALLY doubt it's the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos