ATT Reps: Cellular Data issue for current lumia owners

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I had data without an issue for about 20 minutes...I tested a theory and shut down and restarted my Lumia 900...and of course...data connection is again dead. I may have a faulty device....back to AT&T on Monday......maybe the Titan 2 will work. If not I'll be stuck with Android.

Don't go back to Android :) Have some patience and give them a few days to clear this up, the reality is that the phones were shipped earlier than the launch. My feeling is that the part of AT&T that shipped your phone early is not talking to the other part that is refusing to let stores sell stock until Monday ... and likely causing this issue.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I mentioned this in the other thread. I was told at the store it was some sort of backend issue with phones not being provisioned completely or something. Its almost like the network doesn't really recognize some of the phones...It seems like it all started happening for everyone today. Some people are getting lucky and hard resets might be momentarily tricking the system, but then they lose the connection again.

It seems HIGHLY unlikely that QC would miss a problem this far reaching. I was told if it persists till Monday to come back in. For now I just use WiFi, kind of sucks, but the phone hasn't officially launched yet, so its possible there is some issue on the backend.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
it ATT people! Same thing happened to me when I got the HTC Titan...i unlocked my titan and put t-mobile SIM in and it worked....most likely will work better after launch day

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't go back to Android :) Have some patience and give them a few days to clear this up, the reality is that the phones were shipped earlier than the launch. My feeling is that the part of AT&T that shipped your phone early is not talking to the other part that is refusing to let stores sell stock until Monday ... and likely causing this issue.
I am slowly walking back from the edge now...no Android for me.

I looked up this issue with new iPhones and it appears that they too have suffered from the problem of sim cards getting data through other phones but not the iPhone and then the issue mysteriously went away. ...It seems more and more likely that this IS an AT&T glitch and not hardware.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
i have faced this issue. i was talkin some video and i left the camera software open and locked the phone. when i tried to go back the phone would not unlock or turn on. i had to connect to the charger and then it turned on, the battery was half full when it turnedon. i don't remember if my data problem started before that, but i did have it afterwards. called att, guy sent an "update" and now it works.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

where do you find the "network setup" app? I am unable to see it anywhere, also not in the Nokia collection. Is this app for ATT employees only?

Thanks, MCheiron

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

where do you find the "network setup" app? I am unable to see it anywhere, also not in the Nokia collection. Is this app for ATT employees only?

Thanks, MCheiron

Im wondering the same thing, although i havent had any data problems. Odd thing: Both "Network Setup" and "Nokia Music" do not show up in the Nokia Collections section of the market place.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Im wondering the same thing, although i havent had any data problems. Odd thing: Both "Network Setup" and "Nokia Music" do not show up in the Nokia Collections section of the market place.

I read that Nokia Music on only available in markets where Zune is not present. So we are out of luck or lucky depending on your standpoint. But I haven't heard anything about "Network setup" and obviously people here in the forum that are reps have access.

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both got Lumia 900s on Friday. Her phone has not experienced any problems with data. My phone lost its data connection (except when on WiFi) yesterday. I started an online chat with AT&T customer care yesterday evening. I mentioned all of the possible fixes that I have read in these forums regarding potential provisioning problems or needing to do a master reset. The customer care guy was baffled. Everything on AT&T's end looked correct to him...at first.

He found that I had somehow been put on a $45 a month unlimited LTE data plan, when I was supposed to be an a $30 a month unlimited LTE data plan. There was no difference in the service on the two plans, just a different SKU. He fixed that for me and then had me do a master reset of the phone (which sucked because I had finally gotten everything set back up the way I wanted it). Once the plan was changed and I did the master reset, everything was back to normal.

I would like to get my hands on that Network Setup app though, in case this ever happens again and I might be able to fix it on my own.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why they took the Network Setup app down. Very frustrating. It was just there a couple of weeks ago, as I downloaded it for my Lumia 800. I want to buy a 900 and use it with Red Pocket (an AT&T MVNO) so I that I don't have to pay double each month for comparable plans. It's working perfectly with my 800, but that's because I was able to manually change the MMS settings using Network Setup App.

I guess I'll just stick to my 800. Very happy with it anyway (ideal size). Only thing it lacks is the front-facing camera, though Skype and Tango both support the main camera now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12