04-09-2012 11:11 AM
53 123
tools
    Hey guys, quick question for you.

I've had my lumia for just about a week now, and while everything is provisioned for my phone correctly, after a day or two of use, my cellular data just stops working. I have to actually hard reset the phone to get it to work again. Anybody else have this issue? And if so, how did you go about fixing it? Is it something that i'm going to have to do internally or is there something that I can do on the phone (example: adding an actual APN settings manually etc etc).

WIFI continues to work after this happens, but if I try to do anything while connected to the cell network, nothing will load on the phone that uses internet. I don't want to have to factory reset the device every 2 days for the next few months that we're required to use this.

On the bright side, i'm starting to like some of the aspects of Windows phone. Still missing my Android, but that's another story.
    Last edited by Oridus; 03-31-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added more info
    03-31-2012 09:55 AM
    This is the first I've heard of this happening on any WP on any carrier. You may have a faulty device.
    03-31-2012 11:27 AM
    Hey guys, quick question for you.

I've had my lumia for just about a week now, and while everything is provisioned for my phone correctly, after a day or two of use, my cellular data just stops working. I have to actually hard reset the phone to get it to work again. Anybody else have this issue? And if so, how did you go about fixing it? Is it something that i'm going to have to do internally or is there something that I can do on the phone (example: adding an actual APN settings manually etc etc).

WIFI continues to work after this happens, but if I try to do anything while connected to the cell network, nothing will load on the phone that uses internet. I don't want to have to factory reset the device every 2 days for the next few months that we're required to use this.

On the bright side, i'm starting to like some of the aspects of Windows phone. Still missing my Android, but that's another story.
    you have to download the network setup from the marketplace to resolve your data issue
    03-31-2012 11:29 AM
    you have to download the network setup from the marketplace to resolve your data issue
    What's the exact name of the app or a link to it on the market place? searching "network setup" isn't working for me.

Edit: nevermind - found it under nokia haha
    03-31-2012 11:54 AM
    it's in nokia collection in marketplace on your phone
    03-31-2012 01:45 PM
    It worked on 2 out of 3 devices in our store. So that works.
    03-31-2012 02:25 PM
    Interesting. I'm having this problem and a hard reset does work but it loses all your tabs! I'll check out the network setup fix though. This was buggin the **** out of me. Thanks.
    03-31-2012 03:44 PM
    Nothing seems to work for me, i have tried all suggestions and nothing seems to work.....any other suggestions?
    03-31-2012 04:09 PM
    Nothing seems to work for me, i have tried all suggestions and nothing seems to work.....any other suggestions?
    return your phone for a new one
    03-31-2012 04:34 PM
    return your phone for a new one
    lol it's not that easy - they're called seeding devices.... they're assigned to us - limited stock/quantities.
    03-31-2012 05:03 PM
    lol it's not that easy - they're called seeding devices.... they're assigned to us - limited stock/quantities.
    well then tell them to give you a titan2 or something its not your phone someone cracked it you shouldnt have to deal with that bs
    03-31-2012 05:41 PM
    AndreaCristano, it doesn't work like that. If COU devices are defective, they have to go through warranty. Warranty doesn't have any yet. You cant just order any device without at least 3 levels of management approving it, and the Titan and II and not available to order.

He is going to have to have to follow the procedure on the sheets that came with the blue Lumia that every store got for exchange.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    03-31-2012 07:38 PM
    Nothing is wrong with the phone. ATT updated their system and you have to call to get the imei registered and they need to put it in the system. I wasn't getting any data, I called and it was working in a few minutes. It worked for the first two days then this morning data was gone.
    03-31-2012 07:43 PM
    Nothing is wrong with the phone. ATT updated their system and you have to call to get the imei registered and they need to put it in the system. I wasn't getting any data, I called and it was working in a few minutes. It worked for the first two days then this morning data was gone.
    who did you actually call? i have submitted several sim/imei change requests through COU and still nothing
    Last edited by kwilliams0509; 03-31-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-31-2012 08:43 PM
    This happened when my wife got her Focus S after swapping out an original Focus a few weeks ago, so I don't think it's limited to the 900 either. A rep had to move the IMEI again (which made it work again, of course) for some reason. She went into the local AT&T store to get it done.
    03-31-2012 08:45 PM
    who did you actually call? i have submitted several sim/imei change requests through COU and still nothing
    I dialed 611 and pushed 0. They changed some strings and it started working.
    03-31-2012 09:00 PM
    i called them and they referred me back to the website
    03-31-2012 09:07 PM
    i called them and they referred me back to the website
    Ive had to register my different phones numerous times and they have never sent me to the website. I would call again and if it happens ask to speak to tech support.
    03-31-2012 10:26 PM
    Ive had to register my different phones numerous times and they have never sent me to the website. I would call again and if it happens ask to speak to tech support.
    Regular customer care doesn't have access to COU lines though, do they? I thought that only went through the COU website team.....
    03-31-2012 10:28 PM
    Regular customer care doesn't have access to COU lines though, do they? I thought that only went through the COU website team.....
    I have no idea what cou means. I dialed 611 and heard prompts. I get impatient and hit the 0 button and the person who answered fixed it.
    03-31-2012 11:08 PM
    I have no idea what cou means. I dialed 611 and heard prompts. I get impatient and hit the 0 button and the person who answered fixed it.

The few of us who are talking about this issue are AT&T reps that have the Lumia 900 on company lines.... so we can't follow the customer service route to manage our devices, we have other channels we have to go through.
    04-01-2012 08:18 AM
    Check your firmware / SW version.

A lot of seeded devices go out with older builds, ask your rep (Nokia rep) on details on how to bring it to production.
    04-01-2012 09:39 AM
    Another AT&T employee here. My Lumia 900 worked for a couple days, now the network data isn't working. It sounds like the same issue a few other people have been experiencing, but even a full factory reset doesn't fix the problem. I've also gone back and forth with the settings in the Nokia Network Setup app. I carefully placed the micro-SIM back into my Focus S and network data worked just fine, so I know it's not the network or my SIM.

A friend of mine works on the WP7 team and is having someone from MS call me tomorrow. I'm also planning on calling our Nokia rep to see if he knows anything. I'll check back here after work tomorrow and post any additional info if I learn anything.
    04-04-2012 03:42 AM
    Another AT&T employee here. My Lumia 900 worked for a couple days, now the network data isn't working. It sounds like the same issue a few other people have been experiencing, but even a full factory reset doesn't fix the problem. I've also gone back and forth with the settings in the Nokia Network Setup app. I carefully placed the micro-SIM back into my Focus S and network data worked just fine, so I know it's not the network or my SIM.

A friend of mine works on the WP7 team and is having someone from MS call me tomorrow. I'm also planning on calling our Nokia rep to see if he knows anything. I'll check back here after work tomorrow and post any additional info if I learn anything.
    that doesnt prove anything as the Focus S and 900 are on 2 different networks. ATT told me it may be due to the fact that it is not out officially yet...Not sure how much i believe them though
    04-04-2012 06:32 AM
    Originally Posted by criterionmind View Post

If you can, put a ticket in with your service steward. We did, and our service steward is having the COU team exchange our devices. All of us in my store are having the issue.
    04-04-2012 07:27 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD