Who has pre ordered their Lumia 900

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about pre-ordering it at my nearby AT&T store, but do they do pre-order's with customer's not eligible for an upgrade?
Yep. Went to my AT&T store yesterday and tried to pre-order, but my upgrade does not kick in till 4/1, so I have to go back tomorrow. But I could have pre-ordered at $449 yesterday.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Went to my AT&T store yesterday and tried to pre-order, but my upgrade does not kick in till 4/1, so I have to go back tomorrow. But I could have pre-ordered at $449 yesterday.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Do you know by chance if you pay the $449.99 upfront or when it is in store ready to be picked up?

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Got my Focus S in December but couldn't help myself. Cyan baby!! I love my Focus but I've wanted the N9 since it was announced and now I'm getting best if both worlds. Beautiful hardware and awesome software.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

lmaq

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Purchase your Lumia 900 at amazonwireless for $0.01

I had initially went to the at&t wireless site and purchased a black Lumia 900 expected the phone to be free after an online wireless discount of $100 as reported on multiple online articles including this one:The Nokia Lumia 900: How to Get it for Free | PCWorld

After placing my order, I realized the rebate never came up, so I ended up paying $109 and some change. This didn't bother me at first as I had just assumed that the online articles were falsified.

However, a few hours later, I noticed that AmazonWireless was actually offering it for $0.01. I called AT&T to ask them if they could price match and they said they couldn't do that, so instead they told me to return/refuse the order once I get the tracking number or after it ships and they'll cancel the order at that point. Once I was told that, I went onto AmazonWireless and purchased my phone there.

Make sure you all do the same thing! No point in paying more the $0.01 for the Lumia 900 if you don't have to!

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you all do the same thing! No point in paying more the $0.01 for the Lumia 900 if you don't have to!

The $0.01 price only applies to new customers. Upgrades are $120 and new family lines are $130.

I ordered mine around noon on Friday at the AT&T store. Easy process, in and out within 5 minutes. Cyan for me. I also got the email about the backorder, and I am not concerned, as the WPCentral article states, the system throws that exception (sorry, coder talk) because the product isn't currently being shipped. I expect by Wednesday most of us who pre-ordered so far will have tracking info.

rickmead

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Pre-Ordered on AT&T's web site. Decided on the Cyan. My desk is black at work so hopefully this will help me lose my phone less :D

I have received three emails from AT&T. One thanking me for my order. One confirming my purchase telling me my item will ship on the 5th. Yesterday I got a third email that told me the product was not in stock and I would be notified when it was. I am sure this is just an automated message from AT&T because the phone isn't technically available yet.

RM

WP Fan in Cleveland

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Went to the AT&T store yesterday to inquire about my upgrade, and ended up ordering it right there. Was really surprised- the supervisor lady who met people at the door, when I told her I was there to ask about the 900, immediately beamed a smile and pulled the black one out, and said "Sure, do you want to look and hold it?" She was very pumped about the phone, and I chuckle remembering how enthusiastic she was starting her sales pitch, going on about how fast and smooth and beautiful the UI was, not realizing - not needed for me. LOL.

The phone was as gorgeous as I believed, but I was really surprised how light it felt. It really didn't feel any heavier than my Focus with the incipio cover. I guess that's a just a indication of how well balanced it is overall. I really wanted to see Drive, but she apologized saying that she didn't have a change to download the apps yet. So I guess that means Drive and the other Nokia apps won't come pre-installed?

But I will say, even though I saw the reports, really surprised to see her genuine enthusiam for it. Nice to see, for sure.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep pre-ordered mine today but got to call Premier tomorrow to fix a few things. Got the Cyan model with the Nokia gel case since it was only 15 bucks.

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
But

I have spent days trying to pre-order the 449 no-commitment version Lumia 900. 2 Corporate stores said the SKU is not in the system to allow orders yet, even tho att.com/lumia suggests otherwise. The att.com/lumia sales rep and all call to at&T got noluck. Has anyone successfully ordered a $449 AT&T phone...

...I know there is a 499 at amazon. There is also many others, at negri they had it 649 in feb (but i think a worldwide/Asian white version) then today they put up a $498. version. Both say AT&T Lumia 900 and have the same SKU. Its very frustrating and confusing, wish someone knew enough they could explain please. ty.

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

New here, hope to join the WP as I got tired of fighting with my defective Samsung Captivate... ( I have it on ICS and all the stuff) so I pre-order on Friday via online.

Crossing finger to receive on Friday, so I can play with it during the weekend!

I order it black.

:D

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Guys... I've seen some who posted today said they've ordered the device in their local store and getting it on the 6th.

I was hoping for the same. I also ordered 2 devices with new lines at a local store. I got 2 email confirmations for each of my orders. Later on over the weekend, I got another 2 emails for the order numbers stating they are back ordered and will let me know when they will be shipped. I've ordered one Black and Cyan.

My timing was that I ordered them on 30th evening at around 7:00 EST. Do you think they would have sold out by then. If they did, I might as well cancel my order and pick them in the store on the 9th. But I am not sure how it will work with my porting numbers in another order.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Guys... I've seen some who posted today said they've ordered the device in their local store and getting it on the 6th.

I was hoping for the same. I also ordered 2 devices with new lines at a local store. I got 2 email confirmations for each of my orders. Later on over the weekend, I got another 2 emails for the order numbers stating they are back ordered and will let me know when they will be shipped. I've ordered one Black and Cyan.

My timing was that I ordered them on 30th evening at around 7:00 EST. Do you think they would have sold out by then. If they did, I might as well cancel my order and pick them in the store on the 9th. But I am not sure how it will work with my porting numbers in another order.

Please let me know your thoughts.

You will get your before the stores get thairs. Canceling your order to try to pick one up in a store on Monday won't help you. ATC will ship the pre orders then the stores will get what ever is left over. My advice to you is just ignore the back order email everyone who preordered got one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire