Who has pre ordered their Lumia 900

rokitrod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I inquired about the pre-orer on-line (without committment) and they told me I had to go to the store. went to a store and they told me I had to go to the "corporate" store at the mall. I went to the mall and when I tried to order with no committment the told me their software wouldn't let them. Naturally they tried to sell me another line or pay to upgrade early.

I went back home and went on-line again and asked why their web site indicated a preorder availability and I just got "i'm sorry". I guess I'll try to stop in when the phones are actually in stock but i'm not very happy that AT&T gave me the "actual" run-around on this.

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered without a committment?

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I inquired about the pre-orer on-line (without committment) and they told me I had to go to the store. went to a store and they told me I had to go to the "corporate" store at the mall. I went to the mall and when I tried to order with no committment the told me their software wouldn't let them. Naturally they tried to sell me another line or pay to upgrade early.

I went back home and went on-line again and asked why their web site indicated a preorder availability and I just got "i'm sorry". I guess I'll try to stop in when the phones are actually in stock but i'm not very happy that AT&T gave me the "actual" run-around on this.

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered without a committment?

Yes, you can only do it online. At the pre-oder page go like you want to upgrade, it will tell you you are not eligible for upgrade and show you an Iphone...click at the bottom left to See All Phones and the Lumia should be 1 of them allowing you to pre-order without extending

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can only do it online. At the pre-oder page go like you want to upgrade, it will tell you you are not eligible for upgrade and show you an Iphone...click at the bottom left to See All Phones and the Lumia should be 1 of them allowing you to pre-order without extending
I had SAME experiences NO luck ordering 449 online or in stores.

I tried your sugested upgrade trick, they musta fixed the glitch, i keep getting:

E1022: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a system error that prevents us from completing your request. Please call Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 and provide the error number at the beginning of this message.

prosimian

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
But what if you are eligible for an upgrade but you don't want a contract?

Just go through the website like you're upgrading, select the Lumia 900, and prior to checking out you'll see an option to pay $449 without renewing your contract. It's quite the cluster.

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Just go through the website like you're upgrading, select the Lumia 900, and prior to checking out you'll see an option to pay $449 without renewing your contract. It's quite the cluster.
choosing upgrade requires signing in to an at&t account, or registering... which seems to fail. Did you do all that?

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
choosing upgrade requires signing in to an at&t account, or registering... which seems to fail. Did you do all that?
i NEVER see this page with an I-phone, and all places where UPGRADE can be selected requires a LOGIN acct next. CAn u give links that WORK please?

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
yes you have to be signed in to your att account

ahhh OK. Other than a purchasing account for uverse equipment, i have no current AT&T wireless plan (which I DO NOT want) so it will not allow the $449 no-commitment purchase here, or in store, to folks without anye xisting at&t service,

thank you

prosimian

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
ahhh OK. Other than a purchasing account for uverse equipment, i have no current AT&T wireless plan (which I DO NOT want) so it will not allow the $449 no-commitment purchase here, or in store, to folks without anye xisting at&t service,

thank you
Ha! Guess I forgot to ask about a key piece of information, my bad! :lol:

jkdood

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Ha! Guess I forgot to ask about a key piece of information, my bad! :lol:
This is so sad and weird. despite info suggesting otherwise at att.com/lumia, there seems to be NO WAY (YET) to get a $449 no-commitment unit ordered or pre-ordered, even at AT&T corporate stores (i went to 2 and called 3) UNLESS you already have an AT&T account (commitment!!).

This forum has one thread suggesting it is available in the BestBuy system, I just chatted with BestBiy mobile and checked online, NOT TRUE!

Many news articles "report" that the no-commitment $449 version was put on sale days ago. NOT REALLY!!!

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine today in cyan. I had to pay a little more since I'm doing an "early upgrade". I hope I get mine on Friday!

grasshoper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I join to the list, but since I'm no US citizen I bought it from a UK store on ebay.

I beat you all since the store announce a shipping date between late may/early june :p

Hope it will arrive waaaay sooner ;)

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is so sad and weird. despite info suggesting otherwise at att.com/lumia, there seems to be NO WAY (YET) to get a $449 no-commitment unit ordered or pre-ordered, even at AT&T corporate stores (i went to 2 and called 3) UNLESS you already have an AT&T account (commitment!!).

This forum has one thread suggesting it is available in the BestBuy system, I just chatted with BestBiy mobile and checked online, NOT TRUE!

Many news articles "report" that the no-commitment $449 version was put on sale days ago. NOT REALLY!!!
I am 98.5% sure that if you are not an existing At&T customer, you can not become one without signing a two year contract (other than a go phone, which are limited to a few specific handsets) and this is why you cant get the off contract price. Its how they keep people from buying a phone to unlock for use with another carier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo