Backordered Status?

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
From Gotta Be Mobile- Nokia Lumia 900 Tops AT&T Charts on Amazon

Word is they are on backorder at Amazon! Supposedly it took 24 hours to hit backorder status at AT&T, too. So this could very well be true.

For those that say it's impossible because of the lack of marketing- anyone that reads and kind of cell phone/tech news had a number of chances to at least hear the Lumia 900 name via one of the several awards it has one- the count is 10 awards on the Nokia page.

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
A little perspective, I also ordered an Iphone S (for the wife...... silly girl) along with my Lumina 900. The iphone shows backorder status as well. My email shows it will be shipped on the 5th. So hopefully for delivery on the 6th.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I never got any sort of backorder email. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, off-contract, on a premier account. I did notice something that nobody else has mentioned though. On my order status page, there are three icons for received, attention and shipped.

There's a check mark in the box for received, but there's a red exclamation point in the attention box. Not sure what that means. There's also an message on the top of the page that says the item is a preorder item, but no mention of what that attention icon specifically means.

Anyone know?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I never got any sort of backorder email. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, off-contract, on a premier account. I did notice something that nobody else has mentioned though. On my order status page, there are three icons for received, attention and shipped.

There's a check mark in the box for received, but there's a red exclamation point in the attention box. Not sure what that means. There's also an message on the top of the page that says the item is a preorder item, but no mention of what that attention icon specifically means.

Anyone know?

Mine shows the same thing too.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know?

Well that's incredibly annoying. I tried calling AT&T customer service (both at 611 and 800-331-0500), to find out what that attention symbol means, and both times the system can't find my order based on phone # / zip. It tries to then transfer me to an operator and I get a message "we're sorry, but we are unable to transfer your call at this moment. Goodbye."

That's some bang-up customer service there. I swear if this weren't an AT&T exclusive, I would have bolted. I've been with all 4 of the major providers at one point or another and AT&T by far has the worst customer service (Tmobile had the best IMO - too bad they had no coverage).

hsleviant

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Well that's incredibly annoying. I tried calling AT&T customer service (both at 611 and 800-331-0500), to find out what that attention symbol means, and both times the system can't find my order based on phone # / zip. It tries to then transfer me to an operator and I get a message "we're sorry, but we are unable to transfer your call at this moment. Goodbye."

That's some bang-up customer service there. I swear if this weren't an AT&T exclusive, I would have bolted. I've been with all 4 of the major providers at one point or another and AT&T by far has the worst customer service (Tmobile had the best IMO - too bad they had no coverage).
If you have a FAN account and your order routes through Premier Enterprise service, the regular order tracking system doesn't see the order. I had the "attention" mark on my order, which is why I called. When I was able to talk to a representative through 611, she saw that I needed Premier Enterprise side customer support to help me and transferred me. Their number is 866 499 8008.

The rep on the Premier side found my order. To confirm that the order had no issues holding it up (other than the fact that the phone is a pre-order), he "processed" the order and gave me a confirmation number for my order.

Now, when I refresh the status page for the Premier order status, the exclamation mark is gone, and the second box is labelled "Pre-Order" with check mark.

You might want to call the 866 number above if you are a Premier FAN account holder still seeing the "attention" exclamation mark on phase two of your order status (my account has had that business tag stuck to it for years after I worked for an employer that used ADP and offered the AT&T discount through ADP).

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the "backorder" email. My status now says "in progress - pending shipment".

All is OK.
Mine has always displayed that message as well as getting the email. If you log onto AT&T's site and click on "My Orders", you'll notice the status will still say backordered. Like others have been saying, it's probably a inventory thing that's affected by the fact that the phone is simply not available for shipment.

hsleviant

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
If you have a FAN account and your order routes through Premier Enterprise service, the regular order tracking system doesn't see the order. I had the "attention" mark on my order, which is why I called. When I was able to talk to a representative through 611, she saw that I needed Premier Enterprise side customer support to help me and transferred me. Their number is 866 499 8008.

The rep on the Premier side found my order. To confirm that the order had no issues holding it up (other than the fact that the phone is a pre-order), he "processed" the order and gave me a confirmation number for my order.

Now, when I refresh the status page for the Premier order status, the exclamation mark is gone, and the second box is labelled "Pre-Order" with check mark.

You might want to call the 866 number above if you are a Premier FAN account holder still seeing the "attention" exclamation mark on phase two of your order status (my account has had that business tag stuck to it for years after I worked for an employer that used ADP and offered the AT&T discount through ADP).
One more note about my order. My order now shows up in my regular online account under "My Orders" when it did not previously. It is interesting that the MicroSim listed to ship with it is called the "Replacement microsim for Apple iPad." The order status on the regular online att.com account lists my order as "backordered."

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Heard back from the CSR I know at AT&T. All pre-orders will show "Backordered" until they actually ship. The reason is the device hasn't technically launched yet so they are in a backorder position. If your order doesn't say it's backordered, then that is just cosmetic. It is backordered.

Now, here's the rub, they won't update the system until it ships. So even if they run out of stock, it'll stay "backordered" until they get enough stock to fill all of the orders. And even then their inventory system may not update when it ships.

Basically, you may not know they are out of stock until it fails to arrive.

i run this town

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
att rep

as many aforementioned in regards to the backorder situation. I just got off the phone with a CSR from ATT, she claimed that the back order status is simple due to the phone not being in stock within the system. That makes perfect sense; since if you were to go to a store to buy a container of peanut butter and it wasnt in stock, they would back order it. i pre ordered mine the minute it was released on the att website. i was eligible for an upgrade and have been a faithful member since 1999. I immediately received the first two emails as everyone else did, and then 24 hours later the same emailing telling me that it was backordered. seeing that i bought it 2pm est time, i am assuming i was among the first. I would like to think based on that assumption ALONE, that ATT couldnt be out of stock that quickly. hence, why i just got off the phone looking for confirmation of such. I am sure most people have come to this conclusion already, but just thought i would add my two cents to this thread.

-Rick
(iphone4, converting to lumia)
microsoft/nokia/att..... DONT FAIL ME now!

EDIT: looks like Bob was on the phone at the same time as me. and they told us identical things. so there hopefully is more relieving confirmation for everyone. (my lady didnt sell the fact that they MAY run out of stock, she was rather assured that they had plenty of stock) lets hope she is RIGHT

Last edited:

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough, I just logged into the order status page again, and mine now also shows "pre-order" where it used to say attention. Shipping date has been updated from 3/30 to 4/2 now (although I have the feeling on preorder items that just has more to do with when the page is updated).

Also, like other people in here, there's now a charge on my credit card for the full amount. It's still in the pending phase (on Amex), so it still may not ship for another few days, but we're getting close!!

hsleviant

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

I have a further update. DO NOT ask Premier to manually force your order through. This will actually create a second order. I was charged twice today. I would have received two phones. Premier support told me it was a "soft" charge and would release when the phone shipped. Regular support said that I had two orders in the system and would have received two phones if they didn't cancel one of the order. I was told that ALL preorders will show and exception alert on the status until much closer to the actual ship time.

My apologies if any of the earlier information creates trouble for anyone. It baffles me that AT&T has a firewall of sorts between "regular" consumer customer support and the enterprise side support.

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried. Only got one email, and it says it will ship on the 5th. Hope its next day shipping because if not, I am not getting it till monday. :(

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
OK...I'm a bit confused. Some of you are indicating that you received an email stating that the phone would be delivered or shipped out on XYZ date, then shortly after that you received a backorder status email. The only 3 emails I received was a confirmation number with my new pre-order, a change of terms on my account for the 2yr renewal, and finally the dreaded backorder status. No where on any of those emails did it state an estimated ship or delivery date, so I'm wondering what emails are you all talking about? I've also logged onto AT&T and it shows me a "In Process" and "Pending Shipment", but again...there's no estimated date of any sort. Am I missing something here, or are you simply referring to what was told to you by a CSR at the time of pre-order?

I'm not freaking out but want to make sure we are getting consistent results :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium