Backordered Status?

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am so nervous. No second email for me, just the first one that says it will ship on the 5th....not going to be here on Friday then:(

thoughthalo

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I never got any sort of backorder email. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, off-contract, on a premier account. I did notice something that nobody else has mentioned though. On my order status page, there are three icons for received, attention and shipped.

There's a check mark in the box for received, but there's a red exclamation point in the attention box. Not sure what that means. There's also an message on the top of the page that says the item is a preorder item, but no mention of what that attention icon specifically means.

Anyone know?
mine shows the same thing too. So hopefully nothing to worry about :)

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
If I login to the regular ATT site, it says backordered and that I ordered yesterday when I ordered it the 30th. If I use the link in the confirmation email I got when I ordered, it takes me to an ATT Premeire site where it now has a check under pre-order. Shipped is still not checked, but underneath it, it lists a shipping date of 4/2. I'm sure everyone will get their phone on Friday or maybe Thursday if they're lucky. I'm guessing AT&T's systems don't really handle pre-orders. Has AT&T offered pre-orders on anything other than an iPhone before?

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I login to the regular ATT site, it says backordered and that I ordered yesterday when I ordered it the 30th. If I use the link in the confirmation email I got when I ordered, it takes me to an ATT Premeire site where it now has a check under pre-order. Shipped is still not checked, but underneath it, it lists a shipping date of 4/2. I'm sure everyone will get their phone on Friday or maybe Thursday if they're lucky. I'm guessing AT&T's systems don't really handle pre-orders. Has AT&T offered pre-orders on anything other than an iPhone before?

i'm on the same boat as you...my card got charged yesterday which is a good sign and my ship date still says 4/2 but Shipped is not checked

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I placed my order in a store on Friday and I got an initial confirmation email that was not specific to the Lumia 900 (I'm guessing those emails weren't ready until the website ordering went live) and then I got the backorder email a day later. Still no charge on my credit card either.

Nonetheless, I won't panic until Thursday comes and goes with no further updates to my order.

The system is also a bit weird. I can't find my order by simply going to myAT&T and clicking "My Orders." I CAN find it by using the link in the confirmation email I received. Finally, I'm no longer elgible for an upgrade, so something went through on my account!

Also, I ordered a case at retail at the same time, but a different transaction. I got a receipt, but have never once received any kind of email about it. Weird.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for anyone who ordered a phone in addition to the Lumia 900. Is there any way to check if the other phone is Out of Stock? I ordered a HTC Vivid for my wife's line, and under my order status it lists everything as backordered. Is that just because, since the 900 is not available yet, it holds everything up? Or is the Vivid actually out? Because if that is the case, I will try and cancel my order and go pick up the phone in-store this weekend.

Inkerguy

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 30th at 6:30pm. Haven't received any emails at all. Did a livechat and the CSR told me it was sold out to which I figure that either we'll get them as promised on the 6th or there's hella more interest in this phone then they planned. Order page says 'backordered' as well. I'm a patient guy :) I've used iPhones for the past 4 years, a few more days waiting for this awesome phone won't hurt me :)

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 30th at 6:30pm. Haven't received any emails at all. Did a livechat and the CSR told me it was sold out to which I figure that either we'll get them as promised on the 6th or there's hella more interest in this phone then they planned. Order page says 'backordered' as well. I'm a patient guy :) I've used iPhones for the past 4 years, a few more days waiting for this awesome phone won't hurt me :)
I'm with Inkerguy. IF (and that's a big if), the phone really sold out, I would think that the majority of Windows Phone 7 evangelists on this forum would be ecstatic, even if it means we might have to wait a bit longer to get one.

As temporarily disappointed as I would be in not receiving my phone right away, the thought of what it would mean for WP7 and Nokia (not to mention my small amount of Nokia stock) would make me smile and I know I will get the phone sooner rather than later no matter what!

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My card has had its temporary hold removed but the total balance is still the same. My credit card always lists charge details the day after so I would imagine that means at&t has charged my card today. That means they have the stock to at least fulfill my order.

Does it mean it'll get in the mail early? Not holding my breath.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Talked to our business account rep since I was not able to order through the premier web site. She said shipments are due to start tomorrow. She also said I was the first person to inquire about the phone :/

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just checked right now, and mine changed from ATTENTION ! to Pre-Order plus a checkmark. I hope it come's before the 6th. That'd be sweet! *knocks on wood*

WHere are you checking the order status? I have been checking over at the wireless.att.com/order_status but I don't see the Pre-Order with checkmark status.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99