04-06-2012 11:42 AM
267 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I was guessing that, but you know, when you wait and date is so close, you start getting anxious.. hehehe :) Thanks!
    Haha...I totally agree :P
    04-04-2012 04:44 PM
    Pre-Order on both the consumer and Premier side still say "Arrives on or before 4/6/2012".

My business rep specified it would ship today when I ordered from her yesterday but my order status still says "In Progress".
    04-04-2012 05:55 PM
    Has the status changed on anyone's account this morning? Mine still showing backordered. It was ordered on the 30th in store, however not thinking I did have a case on my order as well.
    04-05-2012 07:48 AM
    Has the status changed on anyone's account this morning? Mine still showing backordered. It was ordered on the 30th in store, however not thinking I did have a case on my order as well.
    my account still showing in progress
    04-05-2012 07:56 AM
    I ordered on the 2nd...still backordered here.
    Last edited by gaiking; 04-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    04-05-2012 08:10 AM
    I ordered on the 2nd...still backordered here.
    Chatted this morning and this is what I get. Not sure what they really know at least I hope they are incorrect.

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Teresa'
    Teresa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
    Kevin George: yes
    Teresa: I will be happy to look into the status of your order.
    Teresa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
    Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Teresa: Thank you. May I please have an order number?
    Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Teresa: Thank you. I will be right with you.
    Kevin George: Thank you
    Teresa: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
    Kevin George: Will they still be available in the stores?
    Teresa: You may call the store you are interest in finding out.
    Teresa: Is there anything else I can help you today?
    04-05-2012 08:27 AM
    Chatted this morning and this is what I get. Not sure what they really know at least I hope they are incorrect.

Teresa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
    Teresa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
    Teresa: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
    ugh...bad for us .....but awesome for Windows Phone and Nokia.
    04-05-2012 08:29 AM
    ugh...bad for us .....but awesome for Windows Phone and Nokia.
    IMHO I feel that it's a catch 22.
    It could mean great sales for the phone (or super limited availability)
    It also means a bad customer experience too, which goes against the company making the phones.

Thats just how I feel about it. If I'm out a phone because I ordered on day 2, well I would be a little upset seeing as they won't be able to tell me when I'd get it now. It's just a waiting game.

I'll wait to see how today goes first, it's still very early CST time, and they probably won't start shipping the phones until after 3pm CST like normal orders.
    04-05-2012 08:35 AM
    IMHO I feel that it's a catch 22.
    It could mean great sales for the phone (or super limited availability)
    It also means a bad customer experience too, which goes against the company making the phones.

Thats just how I feel about it. If I'm out a phone because I ordered on day 2, well I would be a little upset seeing as they won't be able to tell me when I'd get it now. It's just a waiting game.

I'll wait to see how today goes first, it's still very early CST time, and they probably won't start shipping the phones until after 3pm CST like normal orders.
    The bad experience is really only for those of us that pre-ordered....the same bad experience could be said for every iPhone launch and those turned out to be a little bit successful.
    04-05-2012 08:40 AM
    The bad experience is really only for those of us that pre-ordered....the same bad experience could be said for every iPhone launch and those turned out to be a little bit successful.
    Also possible that the phone rep is just looking at the same "backordered" status we all are and just doesn't know any better. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Or, Nokia gave out all their phones to AT&T employees and there are none left for customers. :)
    04-05-2012 08:47 AM

first of all, thank you
    but
    ooh no that just bull sh*it man, they are bullsh*ting
    i ordered on the first day, right after the website started taking orders. n my status still says "pre-ordered" blue check. arrives on sixth or before. there is no way in the world they would run out of their inventory in few minutes!!? that is just not possible also even if they did, why wouldnt they send us an email saying that they ran out of inventory and you wont be getting your phone until further notice. why do we have to go to them to find this out?? also they are still taking pre-orders on their website.
    now i know many people did get a backordered email but i NEVER did so mine should be out right? but i havent received anything? so i think she didnt know what she was taking about.
    alright gotta go
    retirement planning test in half an hour!! very nervous
    My experience so far with various AT&T reps is that they don't always know what they're talking about. So "Teresa" in your chat might see something listed as "Backordered" on her end and conclude that it's because they're out of stock, so she gives you her standard response.
    actually I WISH this was more like Apple. If you pre-order an iPhone there is never a doubt to WHEN/IF it will ship. Everything is upfront. My friend pre-odered his iPhone 4s but rather late and was given a ship date 1 week later than release due to demand. That is how you do it.
    04-05-2012 08:50 AM
    That was the same response I got from AT&T last night and I ordered a couple hours after they started pre-order. And my order still has a status of Back order. I hope that AT&T doesn't mess this launch up
    04-05-2012 08:58 AM
    actually I WISH this was more like Apple. If you pre-order an iPhone there is never a doubt to WHEN/IF it will ship. Everything is upfront. My friend pre-odered his iPhone 4s but rather late and was given a ship date 1 week later than release due to demand. That is how you do it.
    big difference is apple handles those pre orders here its AT&T
    04-05-2012 08:59 AM
    I hate how anxious I feel waiting for my phone to ship. I wonder if the email stating the phone has shipped wont be sent until the end of the day.
    04-05-2012 09:01 AM
    big difference is apple handles those pre orders here its AT&T
    sigh...you get the point though...if we are kept in the loop nobody looks bad.
    04-05-2012 09:02 AM
    sigh...you get the point though...if we are kept in the loop nobody looks bad.
    Sure i do. PS I just spoke to AT&T and my rep told me the emails will be sent this afternoon before the shipment goes out, and the delivery is over night if not sat shipping to the later orders
    dacunto and fayne like this.
    04-05-2012 09:05 AM
    Sure i do. PS I just spoke to AT&T and my rep told me the emails will be sent this afternoon before the shipment goes out, and the delivery is over night if not sat shipping to the later orders
    I sure hope this is true.

It would be nice though if they kept you in the loop. I did order a case to go with the phone and hopefully it is not back ordered and preventing the entire order from shipping. If I could have found this out I would have canceled that part of the order and made a separate order for the case. Keeping my fingers crossed that when I get home tomorrow it will truly be a Good Friday. :)
    04-05-2012 10:00 AM
    Here we go. I got the backorder email too, and checked this morning and showed the phone and sim as back ordered . Checked just now and no items are in backorder, showing 0 backordered. Lumia 900 here we come!
    04-05-2012 10:30 AM
    My status just changed from "Backordered" to "Processing." That's encouraging. That means something is happening. :)
    04-05-2012 10:33 AM
    Here we go. I got the backorder email too, and checked this morning and showed the phone and sim as back ordered . Checked just now and no items are in backorder, showing 0 backordered. Lumia 900 here we come!
    Mine too!
    ogdenous likes this.
    04-05-2012 10:35 AM
    Same here -- My order just changed from Backordered to processing
    04-05-2012 10:36 AM
    Mine just changed from Backordered to Processing as well. This makes me think it is shipping today. I ordered at my local store on the 31st.
    04-05-2012 10:38 AM
    Same! No more backorder, now listed as pending shipment.
    04-05-2012 10:39 AM
267 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD