Backordered Status?

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my phone yesterday, was told it should arrive by April 6th, received an email confirmation stating a 3-5 day delivery, logged onto AT&T's site and it shows the phone as being backordered. Do you think that it really is backordered? Sigh...:confused:

ziggygod

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got the back order e-mail as well just now after receiving the shipping in 3-5 days e-mail yesterday. I preordered my phone at a store near my house in Miami, FL. I was the first to preorder that phone at that location too. But the website still shows my order as "In Progress" and "Pending Shipment". So I am staying optimistic.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
The AT&T website and retail sales system all say 2-3 weeks backorder, but that is an error. Order by 3pm on the 4th, get it on the 6th

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So many have received them, I assume they are just an automated response set up by the warehousing system and likely related to the phone not being officially released yet. I'm not going to worry unless I haven't received a "shipping" email before April 6th.

On the other hand, if they sold through their ENTIRE inventory that fast, that's a good sign for the Lumia 900, Nokia, and WP7!

(And by the way, I ordered mine at about 9:30 AM Pacific, and I'm sure I was the first person in my store to do so.)

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i got the email as well, but i'm going to optimistically hope that it's due to the device not being available and it's an automated email sent out to devices that can't be shipped in their standard time frame, as i ordered as soon as the website went live, and while it's a great phone, i don't see it selling out in minutes or hours after preorders open up.

but i guess that's just me being optimistic and wanting to have one in my hands come next friday. :)

tbeagl

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Here was my confirmation
Pnj73.jpg

So others got a backordered email? Looks like I'm in the clear

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the same confirmation email yesterday, and just received a backordered email. I'm hoping it is just because the phone hasn't been released yet. On the other hand,maybe I can cancel and re-buy using the deal to get it for free. Lol.

gskimmel

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems that most (if not all) of us received the back order email. I'm not very worried about it as it may be a system limitation. The rep that I per-ordered mine from showed me their internal email that states that anyone who per-orders the phone will get it by Friday. There was a cut off date for the pre-order but I didn't pay much attention to it as it didn't concern me.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
all of them being backordered doesn't make any sense, there's no way the phone is selling out of all stock in less than a day of preorders unless their initial run of phones was like 100,000 nationally or less.

i got the confirmation email right after placing my order and the backorder email today, but i'm fairly certain it's just the way their system handles preorders.

i also just got off the phone with att trying to get the 100 off new contracts price, and they said to call back on tuesday/wednesday as they are trying to figure out how to help out all the customers who ordered before the promotion was found/popularized.

tues-wed seems to make sense since it's closer to the time they will charge the cards for shipment and also gives them the weekend to figure out if they want to discount the phone or just give people $100 credit on their account.

now new preorders COULD be backordered, but again, it still seems unlikely for it to be that popular that fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro