Backordered Status?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
c'mon guys

how could it possibly be sold out? no adverts, no marketing, and it's sold out on the second day of preordering? what, did Nokia make 75 lumia 900's?

common sense please!

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
c'mon guys

how could it possibly be sold out? no adverts, no marketing, and it's sold out on the second day of preordering? what, did Nokia make 75 lumia 900's?

common sense please!

ya never know man. there was probably a small pre order availability because the other units have to be for retail sale. This phone has been hyped on the net for months the it wins best in show at Barcelona the sales could have been huge

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I would assume that some of the people on this site were among the first to preorder, correct? And they are getting a "backorder" notification? Again, do we really think Nokia made 100 devices? I find it impossible to believe that someone who ordered this device within an hour of it being available has a device on "backorder."

Also, how many people on this site have preordered a device that isn't on "backorder?" It seems that everyone who preordered is on "backorder." Doesn't that reason that all the devices are listed as "backordered?" I would bet the farm it's simply a stock status, not a reflection of a shortage

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
c'mon guys

common sense please!

I got a say it has gotten a lot of visibility in Engadget, The Verge and in every big blog there is.

That said, i agree that there's no way it's sold out.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I got a say it has gotten a lot of visibility in Engadget, The Verge and in every big blog there is.

That said, i agree that there's no way it's sold out.

I'm not seeing anything on the "legitimate" blogs yet. I will say, if this is some marketing ploy by MS/Nokia/AT&T to make it appear that sales are insane, and then in 3 months we find out that the market share is still less than 3% (or whatever the absurd number is) I'll be extremely unhappy...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
:mad:Damn!!!!!!! I just got that email NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hope is just a generic computer generated email aghhhh

The questions is, has anyone from wpcentral, or anywhere else for that matter, not recieved that email? It seems that everyone who preordered has gotten it, which should set your mind at ease.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing anything on the "legitimate" blogs yet. I will say, if this is some marketing ploy by MS/Nokia/AT&T to make it appear that sales are insane, and then in 3 months we find out that the market share is still less than 3% (or whatever the absurd number is) I'll be extremely unhappy...

I meant the AT&T preorder announcement for Lumia 900 got a lot of visibility from the big blogs.

People are just mixing this email have been discussing here and Nokia, WP blogs picking it up thinking the device is sold out.

I doubt Nokia or AT&T would benefit announcing one day after preorders that the device is sold out.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I meant the AT&T preorder announcement for Lumia 900 got a lot of visibility from the big blogs.

People are just mixing this email have been discussing here and Nokia, WP blogs picking it up thinking the device is sold out.

I doubt Nokia or AT&T would benefit announcing one day after preorders that the device is sold out.

Oh right, sorry, I misinterpreted what you said. And yes, I agree, limiting shipments to appear sold out only a day after preorders begin wouldn't be a good thing. I'm sure that's not the case.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh right, sorry, I misinterpreted what you said. And yes, I agree, limiting shipments to appear sold out only a day after preorders begin wouldn't be a good thing. I'm sure that's not the case.

Unless they really are sold out. They are pushing this phone hard and I would imagine they are getting a train load of them. If they still managed to sell out in 24 hours, it puts them in rare company (iPhone).

SQLDenis

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unless they really are sold out. They are pushing this phone hard and I would imagine they are getting a train load of them. If they still managed to sell out in 24 hours, it puts them in rare company (iPhone).
Just go the email myself as well....placed the order yesterday...hopefully it is just a generic email and the phone will ship on the 5th

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
With all of you guys getting this email exactly 24 hours after ordering, this must be an automated system email. I ordered at 11am today, so I should get mine tomorrow. I don't think we should panic. :)

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
With all of you guys getting this email exactly 24 hours after ordering, this must be an automated system email. I ordered at 11am today, so I should get mine tomorrow. I don't think we should panic. :)

im not panicked it will just be funny if we all pre ordered and get our phones after the people who go to the stores on launch day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise