Backordered Status?

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure which AT&T Reps you are talking about, but the ones I've contacted did not have a clue about my order or the shipping date even after I gave them the order number. **** they could not even look up my order. On the day of my order, I was told that if I pre-order I would get it on the 6th. But the following day, I get a back ordered email, and when asked, the only answer I got was, "that could be possible since it's a very popular device". I've seen Apple and Android Fanboys, this the first time I'm seeing an AT&T one. Huh well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

Everyone's says they are back ordered. It is because the phones are not yet at AT&T's fullfillment center so automated emails went out stating they are back ordered. Some lowly reps might not know that it comes out on Sunday and pre-orders will get them on Friday; as AT&T has told multiple media outlets. It's all over the internet about how the release is going down.

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
And you are not an AT&T ******.. LOL.. get a life dude.

Every one has their own experience. I for for one did not get an email with specific ship date, but got a back-ordered follow up email. I ordered mine in store.
I ordered mine on 3/30 in-store and got all the respective emails, but my buddy who also ordered in-store on 3/31 have not received any emails, but it does show up under "My Orders" on AT&T's site. Both our cards have been charged (not pending). Like many others I am patiently waiting and hopeful that the phone will arrive on the 6th regardless if a follow-up email goes out or not.

Good things will come to those who can wait :blush:

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
My charge to my account also was removed from pending transaction and it is not on the actual charges. I have not received any new notification email and in AT&T pages it still says pending/processing I hope all is ok.... Let's see... time will tell..

ovrkast

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My charge to my account also was removed from pending transaction and it is not on the actual charges. I have not received any new notification email and in AT&T pages it still says pending/processing I hope all is ok.... Let's see... time will tell..
The amount dropped off your account because the hold that AT&T puts on the card is only valid for 3-4 business days. After that the amount falls off, and AT&T will put the charge back on your card when the product ships. The charge will be final at that point.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just checked; AT&T order status says processing and CC account page still shows charge as pending. I'm going to be watching my inbox all night!

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The amount dropped off your account because the hold that AT&T puts on the card is only valid for 3-4 business days. After that the amount falls off, and AT&T will put the charge back on your card when the product ships. The charge will be final at that point.

I was guessing that, but you know, when you wait and date is so close, you start getting anxious.. hehehe :) Thanks!

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
HUGE UPDATE!!!!
You are now chatting with 'Lisa'

Lisa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
Andrea Maietta: yes
Lisa: I will be happy to assist you.
Andrea Maietta: Thank you
Lisa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
Lisa: You are welcome.
Andrea Maietta: Andrea Maietta XXXX
Lisa: Thank you.
Lisa: I understand you are unable to locate your order. Is that correct?
Andrea Maietta: you're welcome. Well my order says processing. Until today my credit card showed the payment processing as well. I was expecting a 4/5 ship date. Now my pending payment has disappeared and I dont know why
Lisa: I do apologize for any confusion. At this time the device is scheduled for release tomorrow and at that time
preorders should be filled.
Andrea Maietta: excellent so shipping is still on for tomorrow?
Lisa: From what I understand it is still scheduled for the 5th.
Andrea Maietta: Thank you Kindly
Lisa: You are very welcome. Do you have any other questions or concerns for me today?
Andrea Maietta: no have a nice day :)

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Pre-Order on both the consumer and Premier side still say "Arrives on or before 4/6/2012".

My business rep specified it would ship today when I ordered from her yesterday but my order status still says "In Progress".

stars200

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Any updates

Has the status changed on anyone's account this morning? Mine still showing backordered. It was ordered on the 30th in store, however not thinking I did have a case on my order as well.

stars200

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 2nd...still backordered here.
Chatted this morning and this is what I get. Not sure what they really know at least I hope they are incorrect.

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Teresa'
Teresa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
Kevin George: yes
Teresa: I will be happy to look into the status of your order.
Teresa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. May I please have an order number?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. I will be right with you.
Kevin George: Thank you
Teresa: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
Kevin George: Will they still be available in the stores?
Teresa: You may call the store you are interest in finding out.
Teresa: Is there anything else I can help you today?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Chatted this morning and this is what I get. Not sure what they really know at least I hope they are incorrect.

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Teresa'
Teresa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
Kevin George: yes
Teresa: I will be happy to look into the status of your order.
Teresa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. May I please have an order number?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. I will be right with you.
Kevin George: Thank you
Teresa: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
Kevin George: Will they still be available in the stores?
Teresa: You may call the store you are interest in finding out.
Teresa: Is there anything else I can help you today?
ugh...bad for us .....but awesome for Windows Phone and Nokia.

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ugh...bad for us .....but awesome for Windows Phone and Nokia.

IMHO I feel that it's a catch 22.
It could mean great sales for the phone (or super limited availability)
It also means a bad customer experience too, which goes against the company making the phones.

Thats just how I feel about it. If I'm out a phone because I ordered on day 2, well I would be a little upset seeing as they won't be able to tell me when I'd get it now. It's just a waiting game.

I'll wait to see how today goes first, it's still very early CST time, and they probably won't start shipping the phones until after 3pm CST like normal orders.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
IMHO I feel that it's a catch 22.
It could mean great sales for the phone (or super limited availability)
It also means a bad customer experience too, which goes against the company making the phones.

Thats just how I feel about it. If I'm out a phone because I ordered on day 2, well I would be a little upset seeing as they won't be able to tell me when I'd get it now. It's just a waiting game.

I'll wait to see how today goes first, it's still very early CST time, and they probably won't start shipping the phones until after 3pm CST like normal orders.
The bad experience is really only for those of us that pre-ordered....the same bad experience could be said for every iPhone launch and those turned out to be a little bit successful.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The bad experience is really only for those of us that pre-ordered....the same bad experience could be said for every iPhone launch and those turned out to be a little bit successful.
Also possible that the phone rep is just looking at the same "backordered" status we all are and just doesn't know any better. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Or, Nokia gave out all their phones to AT&T employees and there are none left for customers. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb