Backordered Status?

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Chatted this morning and this is what I get. Not sure what they really know at least I hope they are incorrect.

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Teresa'
Teresa: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
Kevin George: yes
Teresa: I will be happy to look into the status of your order.
Teresa: In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. May I please have an order number?
Kevin George: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teresa: Thank you. I will be right with you.
Kevin George: Thank you
Teresa: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
Kevin George: Will they still be available in the stores?
Teresa: You may call the store you are interest in finding out.
Teresa: Is there anything else I can help you today?

first of all, thank you
but
ooh no that just bull sh*it man, they are bullsh*ting
i ordered on the first day, right after the website started taking orders. n my status still says "pre-ordered" blue check. arrives on sixth or before. there is no way in the world they would run out of their inventory in few minutes!!? that is just not possible also even if they did, why wouldnt they send us an email saying that they ran out of inventory and you wont be getting your phone until further notice. why do we have to go to them to find this out?? also they are still taking pre-orders on their website.
now i know many people did get a backordered email but i NEVER did so mine should be out right? but i havent received anything? so i think she didnt know what she was taking about.
alright gotta go
retirement planning test in half an hour!! very nervous

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My experience so far with various AT&T reps is that they don't always know what they're talking about. So "Teresa" in your chat might see something listed as "Backordered" on her end and conclude that it's because they're out of stock, so she gives you her standard response.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The bad experience is really only for those of us that pre-ordered....the same bad experience could be said for every iPhone launch and those turned out to be a little bit successful.

actually I WISH this was more like Apple. If you pre-order an iPhone there is never a doubt to WHEN/IF it will ship. Everything is upfront. My friend pre-odered his iPhone 4s but rather late and was given a ship date 1 week later than release due to demand. That is how you do it.

slewis41

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That was the same response I got from AT&T last night and I ordered a couple hours after they started pre-order. And my order still has a status of Back order. I hope that AT&T doesn't mess this launch up

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
actually I WISH this was more like Apple. If you pre-order an iPhone there is never a doubt to WHEN/IF it will ship. Everything is upfront. My friend pre-odered his iPhone 4s but rather late and was given a ship date 1 week later than release due to demand. That is how you do it.

big difference is apple handles those pre orders here its AT&T

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I hate how anxious I feel waiting for my phone to ship. I wonder if the email stating the phone has shipped wont be sent until the end of the day.

stars200

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sure i do. PS I just spoke to AT&T and my rep told me the emails will be sent this afternoon before the shipment goes out, and the delivery is over night if not sat shipping to the later orders

I sure hope this is true.

It would be nice though if they kept you in the loop. I did order a case to go with the phone and hopefully it is not back ordered and preventing the entire order from shipping. If I could have found this out I would have canceled that part of the order and made a separate order for the case. Keeping my fingers crossed that when I get home tomorrow it will truly be a Good Friday. :)

ogdenous

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Here we go. I got the backorder email too, and checked this morning and showed the phone and sim as back ordered . Checked just now and no items are in backorder, showing 0 backordered. Lumia 900 here we come!

tlmii

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Mine just went from Backordered to Processing within the last 2 hours. I ordered online on 3/30. Would be very nice to see it show up here tomorrow.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Phew... after seeing your posts I went and checked my status from the link. Finally even mine changed from 1 to 0 on the Back Order status. I guess in the best case scenario it's tomorrow and worst case scenario it's Monday. :p

Just go off the call with a ATT rep. They still do not know what's going on... He actually told me, that the device cannot be delivered before the launch date, which is the 8th and I can expect it on Monday. But since it's out of stock, he is not sure when I will get it. I am really pissed.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Phew... after seeing your posts I went and checked my status from the link. Finally even mine changed from 1 to 0 on the Back Order status. I guess in the best case scenario it's tomorrow and worst case scenario it's Monday. :p

Just go off the call with a ATT rep. They still do not know what's going on... He actually told me, that the device cannot be delivered before the launch date, which is the 8th and I can expect it on Monday. But since it's out of stock, he is not sure when I will get it. I am really pissed.

So I spoke to a csr. His name was Evan. He said my phone will be shipping by 3pm and I should receive it tomorrow around the same time. It will be shipping UPS email with tracking to arrive before 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs