Backordered Status?

kevinrstruck

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine status still says processing.

I called the AT&T corporate store where I ordered the phone last Saturday. The associate tells me that the phone is not out yet and I should get it no later than Tuesday or Wed next week. I told him I had friends locally who also ordered in the store and received tracking numbers today for delivery tomorrow. He said, they should be hush hush about that because Nokia forbid AT&T from delivering the phones prior to the launch on Sunday or Monday.

When I said I have been looking at several internet forums with people posting that they have also received tracking numbers for delivery, he said,

"don't believe everything you read, it is the internet ya know. Again Nokia is not allowing us to ship these phones until Monday."

When I told him, he was the 4th person I have spoken to and the 4th different answer to my question, he said,

"Well, I am not sure why you would call me, it is a pre-order and I can't see pre-orders in the system".

I thanked him for his wealth of knowledge and promptly hung up. Yes this is a corporate store.

Just goes to show us how well the Massive Training and PR campaign for this phone is working out.

Unreal. Hats off to you AT&T.

Funny, just checked my order status and it now says shipped and I have a Fedex number...so tempted to call that idiot back.

Last edited:

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I called the AT&T corporate store where I ordered the phone last Saturday. The associate tells me that the phone is not out yet and I should get it no later than Tuesday or Wed next week. I told him I had friends locally who also ordered in the store and received tracking numbers today for delivery tomorrow. He said, they should be hush hush about that because Nokia forbid AT&T from delivering the phones prior to the launch on Sunday or Monday.

When I said I have been looking at several internet forums with people posting that they have also received tracking numbers for delivery, he said,

"don't believe everything you read, it is the internet ya know. Again Nokia is not allowing us to ship these phones until Monday."

When I told him, he was the 4th person I have spoken to and the 4th different answer to my question, he said,

"Well, I am not sure why you would call me, it is a pre-order and I can't see pre-orders in the system".

I thanked him for his wealth of knowledge and promptly hung up. Yes this is a corporate store.

Just goes to show us how well the Massive Training and PR campaign for this phone is working out.

Funny, just checked my order status and it now says shipped and I have a Fedex number...so tempted to call that idiot back.
The guy is a fool...mine is coming from Fort Worth TX and delivery is tomorrow.

Dylan Dinh

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post on this 4rum. I'm writing this to let people who were waiting hopelessly like me. I just logged into my Account using my phone number where I pay my bills monthly. I chose the My Orders tab and check my order status; it said to me my Lumia 900 was shipped. I did not receive any email from AT&T so I feel hopeless. I did try to check my order status from another link of AT&T which is showed in my Order Confirmation when I made a pre-order. That link sucks, the last updated from it was on April 1st and keep telling me my order is processing (as I'm writing this).
So, you guys should give it a last shot to check your main account if you're already AT&T customers.

I can't wait till tomorrow to get a hand on my new baby. And yes, F*** the iPhone :p I get rid of it.

For some reasons. When you logged in your AT&T account. You need to click on ACCOUNT NUMBER: (your account number) to get into an overview page of your account. From there you should go to the page that I meant b4. IF you not click on the ACCOUNT NUMBER link, you will get into the standard order status page which doesn't work.

Last edited:

stars200

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

This kind of funny to me as well. The Wednesday before the Preorder I walked in to a corporate store since I heard that some of the employees had the Lumia. They were busy but I ended up with 3 sales guys around me all talking about the phone. They let me see and play with both the black and cyan. Which is exactly what I wanted to see. I was not sure which color I wanted. The 31st the day after I preordeed, walked back in the same store and ask to see on. I wanted it show it to my wife in hopes she would order as well. The guy that met me at the door refused to show us one since they were not released yet. I told him I was in a few days ago and I had 3 employess showing them to me. I had also preordered one and was using the guy that I purchased from(he was not there) He was really rude and said he would like to know who they are because that cannot happen. I shook my head and left and went to the store just down the block and did not have any trouble there.

All is well, my phone shows sitting at the Fedex location in Plano and will be delivered today.

How did this guy expect to do preorders if he was unwilling to let people look at them.

Dylan Dinh

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This kind of funny to me as well. The Wednesday before the Preorder I walked in to a corporate store since I heard that some of the employees had the Lumia. They were busy but I ended up with 3 sales guys around me all talking about the phone. They let me see and play with both the black and cyan. Which is exactly what I wanted to see. I was not sure which color I wanted. The 31st the day after I preordeed, walked back in the same store and ask to see on. I wanted it show it to my wife in hopes she would order as well. The guy that met me at the door refused to show us one since they were not released yet. I told him I was in a few days ago and I had 3 employess showing them to me. I had also preordered one and was using the guy that I purchased from(he was not there) He was really rude and said he would like to know who they are because that cannot happen. I shook my head and left and went to the store just down the block and did not have any trouble there.

All is well, my phone shows sitting at the Fedex location in Plano and will be delivered today.

How did this guy expect to do preorders if he was unwilling to let people look at them.

That guy sucks, he's so selfish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett