04-01-2012 09:26 PM
41 12
tools
    I got an iPhone 4 when it was released. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy a Motorolla Atrix. When I did, AT&T extended my contract since they gave me partial subsidy. I then sold my Atrix for a Focus Flash. I have not spent any out of pocket money on a phone since the $200 to get the iPhone since I always sell my phone to pay for the next one.

Now, I want to get a lumia 900, but after selling focus flash would still be out of pocket around $300. Any good ideas on how to justify it to my wife? I've tried the "woman...i make the money" line...but it doesn't work because she makes as much as I do.
    03-31-2012 03:45 PM
    if you need to justify don't do it, just be real you are addicted to tech and want the latest toy a man should be able to have it we work hard every day enjoy.
    03-31-2012 03:47 PM
    I got an iPhone 4 when it was released. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy a Motorolla Atrix. When I did, AT&T extended my contract since they gave me partial subsidy. I then sold my Atrix for a Focus Flash. I have not spent any out of pocket money on a phone since the $200 to get the iPhone since I always sell my phone to pay for the next one.

Now, I want to get a lumia 900, but after selling focus flash would still be out of pocket around $300. Any good ideas on how to justify it to my wife? I've tried the "woman...i make the money" line...but it doesn't work because she makes as much as I do.
    Do what i did buy her one :D:D
    03-31-2012 03:51 PM
    Do what i did buy her one :D:D
    if all else fails that is the best route to go, good one...... :D
    03-31-2012 03:56 PM
    I'm lucky I'm married to an angel. As long as can sell my older phone for a decent chunk she doesn't care :)
    sault and palandri like this.
    03-31-2012 03:59 PM
    I have been happily married for 40 years. I take care of the cell phone bill, so she doesn't care. She is not cell phone junkie so she remains happy with her iPhone.:D
    03-31-2012 04:05 PM
    Tell her you will look the other way the next time she makes a big purchase! Also, you could prove your gadget lust to her by forcing her to go to the AT&T store with you "just to look"
    03-31-2012 04:43 PM
    just buy it and then pretend you don't know what she's talking about when she asks you.

buying whatever gadgets i want is one of the joys of being single though i guess. ;)
    03-31-2012 05:25 PM
    If deception is an option tell her you dropped and smashed the Flash.
    03-31-2012 07:11 PM
    Just think about all the needless crap she's bought within the last year (that you didn't say anything about because you just didn't wanna fight) & it'll come easy. :) Or, buy you guys a weekend getaway & she'll forget all about it.

But plan the getaway AFTER you get the Nokia. So you can have some romantic alone time with your baby. Your wife too. ;)
    03-31-2012 07:21 PM
    Don't listen to these clowns, man. Happy wife, happy life. Wait for Apollo if that's what it takes.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    03-31-2012 07:27 PM
    Keep the wife happy - I usually bargain with my wife when I want something "expensive", and find out what she'll trade for it. Almost always, she's got something in mind she's been coveting, and we can save and plan and both be happy ;).
    03-31-2012 09:49 PM
    tell her nokia has a great, app called how to pleasure the wife and its free with the nokia 900 dude, she might let you buy 2 :)
    03-31-2012 10:11 PM

Tell her to return your balls then get your Lumia 900. I'm divorced and don't have to worry about dealing with that nonsense. I get whatever the h3ll I please :D
    03-31-2012 10:32 PM
    send her the link for it being free to her iphone. Tell her you argued w/ at&t and they said that you can just extend your contract, when your renewal date comes about and you want one of the apollo gen devices tell her 'awesome, they never reset my upgrade!'
    03-31-2012 10:38 PM
    I almost forgot what 'spending by committee' was. Divorce ended that nonsense!
    03-31-2012 11:49 PM
    Don't listen to these clowns, man. Happy wife, happy life. Wait for Apollo if that's what it takes.
    Best reply I've seen.

I'd say figure out a way for her to be alright with you purchasing it (buying her something, asking if you could get it using your next paycheck, planning a getaway, etc...) or don't purchase it at all.
    04-01-2012 12:03 AM
    "drop" your current phone and make a big stink about it. Get pissed about how NOW you'll have to downgrade. Say.."This stinks...I loved that phone...I'll be right back"...go buy your 900 and never mention it to her again.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
    04-01-2012 08:49 AM
    ...just so you know.....after 9 years of marriage...my tactics with phone updates have worked 4 out 4 times...the 900 will be 5....I have already begun complaining out loud that my BlackBerry is "acting up".....Dust under the screen..losing contacts....."I'll have to go to AT&T again ...stupid phone"...it never fails.

04-01-2012 08:55 AM
    Buy her flowers and write, "Je t'aime, ma chrie" on the card. She'll melt and will let you buy anything you want.
    04-01-2012 09:05 AM
    The other day my well timed and subtle complaining resulted in my wife saying..."why don't you just use my upgrade and get a phone that works"...we're on a family plan. "I responded with..."but I like this phone....stupid BlackBerry...ugh...I don't know ..maybe"...I am the master at married life phone upgrades.

04-01-2012 09:17 AM
    The other day my well timed and subtle complaining resulted in my wife saying..."why don't you just use my upgrade and get a phone that works"...we're on a family plan. "I responded with..."but I like this phone....stupid BlackBerry...ugh...I don't know ..maybe"...I am the master at married life phone upgrades.

dont think she doesnt know what your doing man lol she just doesnt care about phones like you do so she gave you her upgrade. Looks like shes the master :D
    04-01-2012 09:19 AM
    So....if I get what I want...she is the master. Sounds good to me.

willied likes this.
    04-01-2012 09:21 AM
    So....if I get what I want...she is the master. Sounds good to me.

lol
    04-01-2012 09:26 AM
    or go buy a dummy handset of your phone, put a small firecracker in it and then when it blows up you'll HAVE to go get a new phone
    04-01-2012 01:59 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD