how to justify purchase to wife

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPhone 4 when it was released. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy a Motorolla Atrix. When I did, AT&T extended my contract since they gave me partial subsidy. I then sold my Atrix for a Focus Flash. I have not spent any out of pocket money on a phone since the $200 to get the iPhone since I always sell my phone to pay for the next one.

Now, I want to get a lumia 900, but after selling focus flash would still be out of pocket around $300. Any good ideas on how to justify it to my wife? I've tried the "woman...i make the money" line...but it doesn't work because she makes as much as I do.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if you need to justify don't do it, just be real you are addicted to tech and want the latest toy a man should be able to have it we work hard every day enjoy.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I got an iPhone 4 when it was released. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy a Motorolla Atrix. When I did, AT&T extended my contract since they gave me partial subsidy. I then sold my Atrix for a Focus Flash. I have not spent any out of pocket money on a phone since the $200 to get the iPhone since I always sell my phone to pay for the next one.

Now, I want to get a lumia 900, but after selling focus flash would still be out of pocket around $300. Any good ideas on how to justify it to my wife? I've tried the "woman...i make the money" line...but it doesn't work because she makes as much as I do.

Do what i did buy her one :D:D

zeteo313

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been happily married for 40 years. I take care of the cell phone bill, so she doesn't care. She is not cell phone junkie so she remains happy with her iPhone.:D

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Tell her you will look the other way the next time she makes a big purchase! Also, you could prove your gadget lust to her by forcing her to go to the AT&T store with you "just to look"

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
just buy it and then pretend you don't know what she's talking about when she asks you.

buying whatever gadgets i want is one of the joys of being single though i guess. ;)

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just think about all the needless crap she's bought within the last year (that you didn't say anything about because you just didn't wanna fight) & it'll come easy. :) Or, buy you guys a weekend getaway & she'll forget all about it.

But plan the getaway AFTER you get the Nokia. So you can have some romantic alone time with your baby. Your wife too. ;)

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Keep the wife happy - I usually bargain with my wife when I want something "expensive", and find out what she'll trade for it. Almost always, she's got something in mind she's been coveting, and we can save and plan and both be happy ;).

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
tell her nokia has a great, app called how to pleasure the wife and its free with the nokia 900 dude, she might let you buy 2 :)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Tell her to return your balls then get your Lumia 900. I'm divorced and don't have to worry about dealing with that nonsense. I get whatever the h3ll I please :D

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
send her the link for it being free to her iphone. Tell her you argued w/ at&t and they said that you can just extend your contract, when your renewal date comes about and you want one of the apollo gen devices tell her 'awesome, they never reset my upgrade!'

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to these clowns, man. Happy wife, happy life. Wait for Apollo if that's what it takes.

Best reply I've seen.

I'd say figure out a way for her to be alright with you purchasing it (buying her something, asking if you could get it using your next paycheck, planning a getaway, etc...) or don't purchase it at all.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
"drop" your current phone and make a big stink about it. Get pissed about how NOW you'll have to downgrade. Say.."This stinks...I loved that phone...I'll be right back"...go buy your 900 and never mention it to her again.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
...just so you know.....after 9 years of marriage...my tactics with phone updates have worked 4 out 4 times...the 900 will be 5....I have already begun complaining out loud that my BlackBerry is "acting up".....Dust under the screen..losing contacts....."I'll have to go to AT&T again ...stupid phone"...it never fails.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Buy her flowers and write, "Je t'aime, ma ch?rie" on the card. She'll melt and will let you buy anything you want. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb