Am I the only one not impressed with the 900?

Eject_Porkins

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years and have seen the service and data speeds plummet the past couple years. I live in the Raleigh/Cary area and am constantly in Roam. I was all set to order the 900 yesterday, but wanted to see it in person before making the switch to AT&T. The sales rep at my local store let me play with his black 900 and I couldn't believe how slow the scrolling moved on the start screen. I don't want to use the word "lag" because that's not quite correct...it was just slow. On my HTC Arrive, I can give a quick flick and the screen scrolls extremely fast and fluid...not so on his 900. Until yesterday, the Arrive was the only Windows Phone device I've used. Is this slowness common to other Windows Phones?

Also, after seeing the AT&T prices and learning my corporate discount is only applied to the voice plan, I can't justify moving from Sprint at this time. Needless to say, my visit to the AT&T store yesterday was a disappointment.

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
From the phone I tested at the AT&T store I didn't see a big issue. Where my issues stand right now are the lack of apps in the marketplace. :(

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue that keeps popping up......this would absolutely effect my decision to buy the 900. I hope it gets resolved by Nokia with a firmware update......otherwise I'll get the Titan 2

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

spi7fire

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue that keeps popping up......this would absolutely effect my decision to buy the 900. I hope it gets resolved by Nokia with a firmware update......otherwise I'll get the Titan 2

I thought about the Titan II until I remembered I wanted the Nokia exclusive apps.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia apps do look great...but if I become irritated by Android like screen responsiveness then I will skip it and look elsewhere....WP7 needs to be snappy...otherwise why bother?

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I played with one on Friday and while it was somewhat slower than the Focus S that I'm currently using, i like the built and design. Also don't forget that Nokia is a lot faster at delivering updates than Samsung.
I am sure that any bugs we do get ( we're bound to get some, after all we are beta testers)
Nokia will address immediately, as far as ATT well.... We shall find out.

Eject_Porkins

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

This "bug" definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. To me, the phone was basically unusable because of the slow scrolling. (Yes, it was actually that bad). Even if the problem is sporadic and might not affect all 900's, it made my decision all the more easy to wait for Apollo phones.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
just out of curiosity, people who encountered the slow touch bug, were the phones plugged in to a charger when you were trying them out?

my focus and focus s would have odd responsiveness issues when charging sometimes, but unplugging them and giving it a couple seconds would result in a return of the super fast scrolling and touch responsiveness that wp is known for

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
just out of curiosity, people who encountered the slow touch bug, were the phones plugged in to a charger when you were trying them out?

my focus and focus s would have odd responsiveness issues when charging sometimes, but unplugging them and giving it a couple seconds would result in a return of the super fast scrolling and touch responsiveness that wp is known for
No it was an AT&T Employees and he took it out from the back room to show me. He didn't even have his sim card in it yet, he'd never used it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have had a few windows phones (Arrive, HD7S, Focus S, Titan, DVP, Lumia 800, and now getting the Lumia 900) they all seam to scroll differently at first. One seams to take more finger flicks to get to the bottom of the list than the other. After a while they all seam to settle down to my speed. I cant swear as to if its the phone learning my habits like the keyboard does or if I just get used to the different scroll speeds. M2C of experience

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't really have anything to update, so that shouldn't be an Android style issue. I'd call it a draw between the 900 and the Focus S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss