Pre-ordering Off-Contract at an AT&T Store?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about pre-ordering the Lumia 900 at my nearby AT&T store, but do they do pre-order's with customer's not eligible for an upgrade and if so, do you pay the $449.99 up front or when the phone is ready to be picked up?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's the way it's suppose to work, but we have had reports of aggressive sales people at AT&T telling people who bought the phone outright that they still have to sign a new 2 year contract.

If that happens, just call AT&T and order it over the phone.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered online and did not have to do a new contract you are paying the no commit price if someone does tell you that request a manager.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
You can pre-order off-contract on AT&T's website? I looked and didn't see where you could do that.

Yes you can. All you have to do is check for upgrade eligibility, if you're currently not upgrade eligible, you can then begin to shop for devices and search for the Lumia 900. From there you can purchase at the non contract price $449.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can. All you have to do is check for upgrade eligibility, if you're currently not upgrade eligible, you can then begin to shop for devices and search for the Lumia 900. From there you can purchase at the non contract price $449.

Thanks! Just ordered mine in Cyan blue. Can't wait to get it the 6th hopefully!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
if you pre-order in a AT&T store it gets shipped to your house right? Thats what i've been told.
Pre-ordered my Lumia 900 (black) today in-store. Actually I was due for an upgrade as of 4/1/12 so good timing. Paid for the phone, $99.00, and set to have it delivered in-store, as I am not home during the day and the store is 2 miles from the office. Definitely getting it by Friday, but possibly Thursday.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte