I currently have an iPhone 4s, I have owned every phone known to man except a windows phone. The Nokia Lumia looked nice, and I ordered one this morning, but now I have a concern of this serious lag, delay issue everyone is talking about. Been through the lag game with Android already. Even Androids Tablets with quad core processors lag. I don't want a phone with lag. So what's the story here, is there a lag issue or delay issue? The videos online don't show lag, but there seems to be a lot of people now saying they tried a Lumia at the ATT store and there is lag.

Any help is appreciated.
    04-01-2012 02:56 PM
    There is no lag. It just scrolls slower than other windows phones as of now. If it really is a problem Nokia will update it and fix it (unless hardware issue). Don't cancel your order Lumia 900>4s
    04-01-2012 02:58 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 4s, I have owned every phone known to man except a windows phone. The Nokia Lumia looked nice, and I ordered one this morning, but now I have a concern of this serious lag, delay issue everyone is talking about. Been through the lag game with Android already. Even Androids Tablets with quad core processors lag. I don't want a phone with lag. So what's the story here, is there a lag issue or delay issue? The videos online don't show lag, but there seems to be a lot of people now saying they tried a Lumia at the ATT store and there is lag.

Any help is appreciated.
    The issue is there is no issue ... Remember if you don't like the phone you have 30 days to return it... But you won't.
    04-01-2012 02:59 PM
    The issue is there is no issue ... Remember if you don't like the phone you have 30 days to return it... But you won't.
    It's not an issue if you get a good device. Maybe the one I played at the store was the exception, but it was absolutely awful. Funny sidenote...the rep told me there's probably a setting that controls the scrolling speed.
    04-01-2012 03:32 PM
    I wonder if some of the 'lagging' 900's are the ones plugged in - charging....

WP does suffer a slight lagging whilst plugged in. If you unplug quickly and then re-plug in, it goes away instantly.

Either way, I wouldn't be cancelling anything due to this, at this stage. Like it has been mentioned already, Nokia will fix it if this turns out to be an issue.
    04-01-2012 03:56 PM
    I guess the issue I have is that I am not dumping my 4s for more android type issues. I love new tech and have an open mind, but I hate lag, or touch issues. I guess I will find out Friday. I'm excited to try the windows OS.
    04-01-2012 04:01 PM
    ^^ That's a fair comment. I also can't stand lag and annoying bugs... but being honest, this is one of the main reasons I am still a loyal Windows Phone customer.

Personally, I'm extremely jealous of you guys in the US!!:D Enjoy the device and be sure to share your thoughts. :)
    04-01-2012 04:08 PM
    I used an AT&T employee's 900 on Mar 29, I didn't note the lag.
    04-01-2012 04:51 PM
    dont cancel anything, you have 30 days to decide if the phone is right for you or not
    04-01-2012 04:54 PM
    dont cancel anything, you have 30 days to decide if the phone is right for you or not
    This...
    04-01-2012 05:02 PM
    I have 5 WP7s sitting on my desk, including 900, and I'm not seeing the slow scrolling thing..
    tissotti likes this.
    04-01-2012 05:10 PM
    I have 5 WP7s sitting on my desk, including 900, and I'm not seeing the slow scrolling thing..
    i think some people just wanna complain
    04-01-2012 05:15 PM

Any help is appreciated.
    So you're already thinking of returning a device which you havent personally test driven for yourself because you think it lags? Nice going :rolleyes:

Why not try it out, see if you like it and if you don't like it return it? Doesn't that make morse sense? :rolleyes:
    04-01-2012 07:33 PM
    I won't cancel the order. I want to experience the 900 and come to my own conclusions.
    04-01-2012 08:00 PM
    Guys, go read the post I just posted titled "THERE IS NO LAG ISSUE." This explains everything.
    04-01-2012 08:42 PM
    I won't cancel the order. I want to experience the 900 and come to my own conclusions.
    Then there was no need for this thread. I'm keeping an open mind and not gonna listen to rumors, *****ing and complaining. I'm drawing my own conclusion weather I'm gonna like the Lumia 900 or not.
    04-01-2012 08:57 PM
    I wonder if some of the 'lagging' 900's are the ones plugged in - charging....

WP does suffer a slight lagging whilst plugged in. If you unplug quickly and then re-plug in, it goes away instantly.
    Because of my teeny 1230mAh battery, I use a USB charger almost every night walking around the house with my phone/charger combo in hand. I have never experienced any difference in scroll speed, on or off the charger, at least not on m Surround.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-01-2012 10:22 PM
    Because of my teeny 1230mAh battery, I use a USB charger almost every night walking around the house with my phone/charger combo in hand. I have never experienced any difference in scroll speed, on or off the charger, at least not on m Surround.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    That's because that is only an issue on the Focus S.
    04-01-2012 10:28 PM
    I bet Nokia just uses different parameters with kinetic scrolling. It's sort of like Samsung has set mouse acceleration to max and Nokia uses a bit more conservative setting. Maybe they publish an app to change the behavior of kinetic scrolling if it becomes an issue for many.
    04-02-2012 03:11 AM
    I bet Nokia just uses different parameters with kinetic scrolling. It's sort of like Samsung has set mouse acceleration to max and Nokia uses a bit more conservative setting. Maybe they publish an app to change the behavior of kinetic scrolling if it becomes an issue for many.
    what he said...

not an issue, not a bug, just a feature that is different from Sammies. My HTC Titan has the same feature as this.
    04-02-2012 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD