04-04-2012 02:31 PM
27 12
tools
    Besides me? I did last week the day i did the challenge. Just wondering if anybody else did and if you got any new info. I figured i do it there so i can just my measly $10 gift card.

I am waiting oh so patiently for this phone, i sold my focus S yesterday for $$ to purchase off contract. I am using an iphone 2g, yes 2G as a bridge to the 900 0_0...
    04-01-2012 05:04 PM
    They'll have them ready on the 8th. Nobody at the stores will tell you anything since for some reason MS hasn't said anything official. But everybody I talked to said it will be available the same day its released on AT&T.
    04-01-2012 05:27 PM
    Yup I too ordered from MS Store but back on Feb 5th. I'm tempted to get a refund and go through WalMart to save $50. The only thing holding me back is if there will be any promotion through MS Store for upgrading through them. Has anyone heard anything about this? Also, I call my local store here in San Diego Cali almost every day and they STILL can't confirm a release date. Even with the release date officially plastered all over the place. Lameness fail.
    04-01-2012 07:08 PM
    So MS store preorders from a month ago get it the 8th, but preorders from a few days ago get it the 6th?
    04-01-2012 07:56 PM
    That's what I mean. There has to be some promo or something right? MS Store reps out there if there's any news re app card of X360 bundle?
    04-01-2012 09:21 PM
    So MS store preorders from a month ago get it the 8th, but preorders from a few days ago get it the 6th?
    The MS store isn't shipping them. AT&T is shipping pre orders earlier than release date. MS is a storefront and will be selling them the day they are to go on sale in physical locations.
    04-01-2012 11:36 PM
    If there was a Microsoft store anywhere remotely near me, I would have, but there isn't.
    04-02-2012 12:48 AM
    There still is no pre-order, or mention of, the 900 online at their site. Kinda of strange.
    04-02-2012 01:50 AM
    The MS store isn't shipping them. AT&T is shipping pre orders earlier than release date. MS is a storefront and will be selling them the day they are to go on sale in physical locations.
    My point is what is the point of that pre-order when a later pre-order actually gets you the phone quicker. That's the point of a pre-order, to get it first.
    04-02-2012 04:10 AM
    The point of them changing when people would get them was to boost pre-orders. My feeling is if you pre-ordered already you will see the phone before the actual launch.
    04-02-2012 04:55 AM
    Sorry to keep pressing this issue but without some promotion or incentive from MS Store the pre-order from them is pointless. Additionally, you can either get it for free (new customer) or for $49 (upgrading customer like me) elsewhere. There should be something for the $25 pre-order especially with all these other offers out there now. If not, I'm getting a refund for my $25 and pre-ordering through Walmart. I may have to wait for it to ship or walk into a Walmart (eww!) to get one on the 8th but still....$50 savings is huge for me. Thoughts?
    04-02-2012 09:25 AM
    I think if that $50 is important to you Demonic858 - do what you gotta do, I'm sure the Microsoft Store will give you your $25 back.

I'm pretty confident the Microsoft Store is going to do right by us - the store in my area is open on the 8th, and they've indicated they'll be emailing a plan for picking up the phone this week.

As for those AT&T pre-orders - it's sort of a fluke that the folks are going to get them early is my understanding - AT&T intends this for a Sunday launch - they're just assuming the shipping carrier is going to get it to customers early. A pre-order anywhere still can't guarantee they're actually going to meet that date.

It'll be an exciting weekend regardless!
    04-02-2012 10:05 AM
    I preorded through MS because i was hoping to get some type of perk like another $25 app card or something. Odds are, im just going to get nothing other than paying for the phone :(
    04-02-2012 11:51 AM
    I don't want a perk - I just want my phone, preferably before everyone else. And it better at least be on the same day that it goes on sale everywhere else.

I called my local store and they said they wouldn't be selling them until Monday, April 9th. Yet she confirmed they were open on Sunday (April 8th). WTF is up with that?
    04-02-2012 01:18 PM
    I don't want a perk - I just want my phone, preferably before everyone else. And it better at least be on the same day that it goes on sale everywhere else.

I called my local store and they said they wouldn't be selling them until Monday, April 9th. Yet she confirmed they were open on Sunday (April 8th). WTF is up with that?
    which is your store chsoriano? it sounds like the staff at the MS stores may not be much more informed than AT&T staff were/are, I got a totally different response when I called my store.
    04-02-2012 01:35 PM
    I called my store today as well (Scottsdale), and they also said the 9th. Great pre-order!
    04-03-2012 12:27 AM

eeeeeeeeeeewheeeee whats up with that, whats up with that,,,, eeweeeeee whats up with that whats up with that...... peace///:lol:
    04-03-2012 12:41 AM
    which is your store chsoriano? it sounds like the staff at the MS stores may not be much more informed than AT&T staff were/are, I got a totally different response when I called my store.
    This is the Houston Galleria location. What did your local store tell you?
    04-03-2012 09:01 AM
    Tried calling the MS store here in Minnesota. Waited 5 mins and no one picked up. Will try later.
    04-03-2012 10:20 AM
    I think i am going to cancel my preorder with MS and go with ATT so i can get it on Friday, not sure if you can preorder non contract, can you?
    04-03-2012 10:29 AM
    I think i am going to cancel my preorder with MS and go with ATT so i can get it on Friday, not sure if you can preorder non contract, can you?
    yes i preordered without extending contract. Paid full price but that only works online. Not in a store
    dkp23 likes this.
    04-03-2012 10:34 AM
    This is the Houston Galleria location. What did your local store tell you?
    CHSoriano - my local store said it was all unofficial until the email comes out (any day now guys, jeeeez) - but they said they'd be opening early on the 8th to accomodate the pre-orders. U-Village in Seattle here.
    04-03-2012 11:08 AM
    Well, @MicrosoftStore has tweeted that the phone is available in stores on April 9th - but for general availability - no mention of the pre-orders.

Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...the last few days feel a bit roller coaster-y. :)
    04-03-2012 11:30 PM
    Called my local MS Store in San Diego, Cali and they just told me 4/9 since they are closed 4/8. I asked if he was positive about that and he concurred. :(. Also asked about any promos and was not aware of any. Thought it was weird MS Store closed on 4/8 since the mall its in is open that day. Still waiting for the email I guess....
    04-04-2012 12:05 AM
    cancelled my preorder with MS, giong with ATT to hopefully get it sooner.
    04-04-2012 10:47 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD