There is no "lag"

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
There is no lag in the phone's system apps or screens. You will however find some in third party apps from the WPStore. Example: weather channel, accu weather, pulse, etc. The apps that are part of the system are slick and smooth.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to chime in here with some engineering info.

The scroll speed for each phone is set by the OEM, not by the OS. There are some blogs out there that talk about the choices for speeds, the screen technologies, etc etc.

So responsiveness isn't a bug. It's a choice.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to chime in here with some engineering info.

The scroll speed for each phone is set by the OEM, not by the OS. There are some blogs out there that talk about the choices for speeds, the screen technologies, etc etc.

So responsiveness isn't a bug. It's a choice.

Sorry to revive this thread but I don't think this is a "choice" - there is a responsiveness issue with the 900. I thought it was a scroll speed setting too but after playing a lot of Wordament on my 900 and watching my score plummet because the screen cannot even remotely keep up with my swiping it's clear there is an issue. I've notice the problem in other swipe intensive games too.

Hopefully Nokia fixes the problem soon. Other than that I love my 900. Not sure if I love it more than my Focus yet but time will tell.

pdsaz

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the 900. Coming from an HTC arrive. Sweet phone but I agree the slower scroll speed is taking some getting used to. It doesn't seem as "organic" on 900. Like you and the phone are somehow disconnected. Not a deal breaker but I hope in the future this is user selectable or has some type of option.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to revive this thread but I don't think this is a "choice" - there is a responsiveness issue with the 900. I thought it was a scroll speed setting too but after playing a lot of Wordament on my 900 and watching my score plummet because the screen cannot even remotely keep up with my swiping it's clear there is an issue. I've notice the problem in other swipe intensive games too.

Hopefully Nokia fixes the problem soon. Other than that I love my 900. Not sure if I love it more than my Focus yet but time will tell.

My Shuffle Party scores are definitely lower on my 900 from what they were on my Arrive. I was throwing four, five, six strikes in a row with EASE on my Arrive. High score: 244. Now on my Lumia, rolling a turkey is uncommon. High score: 224ish, and I've only broken 200 a handful of times.

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Look guys, I've played with 2 900s. There is not, I repeat not, a lag issue. When you say "lag" you automatically make people thing of actual lag, like Android has. Let me explain what is going on here:

Firstly, I almost promise you that all these people making this claim are Samsung handset owners. This "lag" isn't lag, it's scroll speed. That's it. No lag whatsoever. The reason I say every claimer is a Samsung handset owner is because Samsung handsets have a very fast scroll speed. I've used HTC handsets and the scroll speed on them is the exact same as on the 900. What I'm saying is, if you have only used HTC handsets, you won't be able to tell any difference between yours and the 900, because neither your phone nor the 900 has a scrolling issue. I just wanted to clear that up. Do not worry if you're planning on getting the 900. There are no issues whatsoever.
When I think "lag", I think of the response of the OS to my finger (thats what she said). If I swipe up, does the OS need a few milliseconds to register my swipe?

My conclusion: relative to Android OS's, WP7 is much faster. Relative to iOS, WP7 is still slightly (ever so slightly) slower. Not a deal breaker--and it probably has to do with the advantage iOS has in having to support only one touch technology whereas WP7 has to support many. But the truth remains...iOS wins on this.

I have to give iOS credit--especially on the iPad devices. Its amazing--soometimes I feel like the OS start working before I even really move my finger. Comparing iPad to any Android tablet and you really notice the lag on Android.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an 800 and when I played with the 900 in a store, I noticed it was relatively slower than the 800 in terms of swiping.

I agree w/ the above that the 900 feels like it takes some milliseconds between my finger swipe and the actual movement on the OS. the 800 is ultra responsive and swipes accordingly depending on how slow or quick I flick through the screen, even more so than my iPhone 4.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Relative to iOS, WP7 is still slightly (ever so slightly) slower. Not a deal breaker--and it probably has to do with the advantage iOS has in having to support only one touch technology whereas WP7 has to support many. But the truth remains...iOS wins on this.

Sorry but no way. Maybe on the 900 because something is wrong with the touch speed - but every other WP device is faster and more fluid than iOS. It have 75 iPhones I support at work and about 30 Windows Phones to backup my feelings on the matter.

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but no way. Maybe on the 900 because something is wrong with the touch speed - but every other WP device is faster and more fluid than iOS. It have 75 iPhones I support at work and about 30 Windows Phones to backup my feelings on the matter.
I want you to be right...And maybe you are right. It may just be an issue of perception. But iOS is perceived by me to be faster. Not enough to be a deal breaker by any means--in fact barely noticeable.

It also might have to do with the fact that its a bigger screen--WP7 feels faster on smaller screens.

Listen, I love WP7 and cannot wait for Verizon to start supporting it (with an LTE device) so I can jump ship from Android (which I only use for Verizon's LTE). I think overall the OS feels better than iOS. Months after I discovered, I am still enamored. The honeymoon doesn't end. I can't even describe in words what I love about it but I do. But I also want to be impartial...how can we improve our OS if we do not know its faults.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely no lag on any kind of scrolling, it's buttery smooth. There is a slight lag on screen rotation, but I wonder if that's by design to not have unintended rotations.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just played Wordament on my gf's 900 and it is much more difficult than on my Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb