What I mean is, there are great deals for new customers but what about those of us who have been with AT&T for years? Is it worth calling AT&T about? I don't want to pre-order until I see the blue in person.
    04-02-2012 02:53 PM
    If you have an upgrade available, then you can get it for $99. There are deals available at Amazon and Walmart for $49. Looks like that's pretty much it for us longtime AT&T users.

I would definitely recommend checking the cyan out in person, it looks so much better than it does in pictures. I was on the fence between black and cyan but once I actually held the cyan in my hands, I knew I had to get it and not the black.
    04-02-2012 04:50 PM
    Yes, you get to pay taxes.
    RiseAgainst94 likes this.
    04-02-2012 06:20 PM
    What I mean is, there are great deals for new customers but what about those of us who have been with AT&T for years? Is it worth calling AT&T about? I don't want to pre-order until I see the blue in person.
    Heres the latest perks for loyal long standing AT&T customers:

Your unlimited data will be capped
    If you own a 3G device - 3GB
    If you own an LTE device - 5GB

AT&T absolutely doesn't care about it's most loyal customers. All they care about in the end is how much more money they can suck out of it's customers.
    04-02-2012 06:55 PM
    It never hurts to call them and entice them to keep you as a customer. My wife and I will hit the 15-year mark with AT&T, (actually, we started out with them in 1997 when they were AirTouch, then Cingular, then AT&T), and we used to get the $50/$100 loyalty discount which was yanked last year right as we upgraded to our Inspires. To be honest, you only get the hookup if you're a brand spanking new customer nowadays.
    04-02-2012 10:04 PM
    When I got my Surround off contract on launch day (11/8/10) they gave me a $100 Loyalty discount ($499-$100=$399). Don't think you would get anything on a contract phone as it is already deeply subsidized. But off contract, worth asking?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    04-02-2012 10:47 PM
    Don't forget that you also get to pay the $36 activation fee.
    04-06-2012 02:34 AM
    It's not just AT&T, many businesses give incentives to new customers. I think it's much better to reward your best customers.
    04-06-2012 09:18 AM
    I called 611 from my phone and asked them to transfer me to Customer Relations.

I asked for a discount and she was giving me the Lumia for $75 bucks...

I didn't took her offer for the following reasons:

- I wanted to check CYAN in person
    - That dept was not shipping till April 22nd ( Yes, even the Black and Cyan)
    - Walmart/Let'stalk shows $49 for an upgrade

She said that department has NO RESTOCKING FEE within 30days, but the Upgrade fee will NOT be returned ( I am not sure if she was 100% confident on that statement)
    04-06-2012 10:44 AM
    My wife wants to get the Lumia 900 but she is not eligible for an upgrade till May 1st. Do you think if we call AT&T or go to the store they will let her upgrade early?

Also we don't want to pay $99 for the phone when it is available on Amazon and Walmart for $49. Assuming AT&T lets us upgrade early, will be be able to order the phone on Amazon/Walmart in the next couple of days or will AT&T force us to buy through them?
    04-06-2012 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD