Any perk for long-standing AT&T users?

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
What I mean is, there are great deals for new customers but what about those of us who have been with AT&T for years? Is it worth calling AT&T about? I don't want to pre-order until I see the blue in person.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have an upgrade available, then you can get it for $99. There are deals available at Amazon and Walmart for $49. Looks like that's pretty much it for us longtime AT&T users.

I would definitely recommend checking the cyan out in person, it looks so much better than it does in pictures. I was on the fence between black and cyan but once I actually held the cyan in my hands, I knew I had to get it and not the black.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
What I mean is, there are great deals for new customers but what about those of us who have been with AT&T for years? Is it worth calling AT&T about? I don't want to pre-order until I see the blue in person.

Heres the latest perks for loyal long standing AT&T customers:

Your unlimited data will be capped
If you own a 3G device - 3GB
If you own an LTE device - 5GB

AT&T absolutely doesn't care about it's most loyal customers. All they care about in the end is how much more money they can suck out of it's customers.

dyne2199

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

It never hurts to call them and entice them to keep you as a customer. My wife and I will hit the 15-year mark with AT&T, (actually, we started out with them in 1997 when they were AirTouch, then Cingular, then AT&T), and we used to get the $50/$100 loyalty discount which was yanked last year right as we upgraded to our Inspires. To be honest, you only get the hookup if you're a brand spanking new customer nowadays.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Surround off contract on launch day (11/8/10) they gave me a $100 Loyalty discount ($499-$100=$399). Don't think you would get anything on a contract phone as it is already deeply subsidized. But off contract, worth asking?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not just AT&T, many businesses give incentives to new customers. I think it's much better to reward your best customers.

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Customer Relations

I called 611 from my phone and asked them to transfer me to Customer Relations.

I asked for a discount and she was giving me the Lumia for $75 bucks...

I didn't took her offer for the following reasons:

- I wanted to check CYAN in person
- That dept was not shipping till April 22nd ( Yes, even the Black and Cyan)
- Walmart/Let'stalk shows $49 for an upgrade

She said that department has NO RESTOCKING FEE within 30days, but the Upgrade fee will NOT be returned ( I am not sure if she was 100% confident on that statement)

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife wants to get the Lumia 900 but she is not eligible for an upgrade till May 1st. Do you think if we call AT&T or go to the store they will let her upgrade early?

Also we don't want to pay $99 for the phone when it is available on Amazon and Walmart for $49. Assuming AT&T lets us upgrade early, will be be able to order the phone on Amazon/Walmart in the next couple of days or will AT&T force us to buy through them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss