I don't know what to do. Please help

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody, i am a Nokia Lumia 800 user right now but i want a Nokia Lumia 900; however, i don't want to spent 450 nor get locked into a contract. I got my 800 for 200 dollars though. Do you guys think that the 900 is a HUGE improvement over the 800 and that i need to change it or should i wait and stick with my 800 until wp8?. Thanks

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need a bigger, better screen, front-facing camera, LTE speeds (where available), then stick with the 800. I would have bought the 800 if it had not been I was up for an upgrade with AT&T and that it was only $99. The only thing that bothers me with the 800 is the display - the PenTile would annoy me.

auniverseaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody, i am a Nokia Lumia 800 user right now but i want a Nokia Lumia 900; however, i don't want to spent 450 nor get locked into a contract. I got my 800 for 200 dollars though. Do you guys think that the 900 is a HUGE improvement over the 800 and that i need to change it or should i wait and stick with my 800 until wp8?. Thanks

Does pentile bother you? Do you need a front facing camera? Are you in an LTE covered area? Aside from the screen size, is parting with $450 to fix these three issues worth it?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Does pentile bother you? Do you need a front facing camera? Are you in an LTE covered area? Aside from the screen size, is parting with $450 to fix these three issues worth it?
The pentile doesn't bother me, I don't "need" the front facing camera but it will be a useful feature once in a while (Skype) and yes i am in an LTE area.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Sell the 800...?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I was thinking that, but then i thought that having an unbranded device it will be helpful due to the updates. I know that Nokia is a good manufacturer and that Windowsphone updates are available to ALL windowsphones but.. AT&T has been always mean to us, the customers, and i am afraid that at some point i will not receive a OS update just because AT&T doesn't want to make it available.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The pentile doesn't bother me, I don't "need" the front facing camera but it will be a useful feature once in a while (Skype) and yes i am in an LTE area.

The screen on the 900 is beautiful compared, The extra real estate is nice, front facing camera, and the battery lasts 30% longer.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll think about it. What about the updates? If AT&T wants to restrict the update they can right? Meanwhile in my unbranded 800 I will receive all updates . Thank you

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll think about it. What about the updates? If AT&T wants to restrict the update they can right? Meanwhile in my unbranded 800 I will receive all updates . Thank you

I would say it really depends on just how badly you want LTE and how badly a smaller, pentile display bothers you (if it even does). If it were me, I would keep the 800. I am only getting a 900 because its $99 instead of $500+ that an 800 would cost me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos